NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #450 on: <10-15-14/1554:38> »
Given the pace of pbp and my current workload I don't anticipate starting another thread until into the new year.  You'd be more than welcome to join the Circus party however as we already seem to have a few AWOL players.  The game was always designed so that slipping more PCs into the mix could be done without too much of a stretch.

You could also pitch in to Looking Glass or Tribes over on Dumpshock...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

8-bit

« Reply #451 on: <10-15-14/1605:15> »
@CT

I've been a little busy with schoolwork recently, so sorry for being a little AWOL. Ghost is going to turn on his Vision Magnification in his cybereyes and take a closer look at the metahumans. Even just confirming they are ghouls might be useful knowledge, but I want to see if they look like they have weapons or are attempting to move toward us. In any case, it will be good to keep an eye on them. I'll make a perception check for the weapons and confirmation, but do I need to use Thermographic Vision, or is Low-light good enough to see? In either case, Ghost would switch to the other to see if he can get a better view.

Taking a look at the "ghouls": 16d6t5 8 [1, 3, 3, 5, 3, 4, 2, 6, 5, 4, 6, 5, 6, 5, 5, 1]*

*As a note; holy ... that is one hell of a roll.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #452 on: <10-15-14/1620:50> »
Alright, you have turned me from trepidatious toe-dipper to full bore cannonball splash maker.  I have a few questions I'll toss at you in a PM :)
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #453 on: <10-15-14/1645:26> »
IC up, apologies that the detail trails off towards the end, I was running out of time and I don't want to rail road you too badly (pun vaguely intended  ::)), yes I could have let you intercept the three hostiles outside the train but I do want to stress the fact that they've covered their tracks well and are by no means the only ones braving the elements to be outside...

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #454 on: <10-15-14/1649:23> »
@CT

I've been a little busy with schoolwork recently, so sorry for being a little AWOL. Ghost is going to turn on his Vision Magnification in his cybereyes and take a closer look at the metahumans. Even just confirming they are ghouls might be useful knowledge, but I want to see if they look like they have weapons or are attempting to move toward us. In any case, it will be good to keep an eye on them. I'll make a perception check for the weapons and confirmation, but do I need to use Thermographic Vision, or is Low-light good enough to see? In either case, Ghost would switch to the other to see if he can get a better view.

Taking a look at the "ghouls": 16d6t5 8 [1, 3, 3, 5, 3, 4, 2, 6, 5, 4, 6, 5, 6, 5, 5, 1]*

*As a note; holy ... that is one hell of a roll.
A mix of lowlight and thermo confirm they are indeed butt ugly feral ghoul types with no obvious manufactured weapons...they might be the least of your worries  ???

8-bit

« Reply #455 on: <10-15-14/1658:14> »
@CT

The trio of clowns, are they walking towards the front of the train or towards the back? It seems like they are heading towards the back. I'll edit the IC if my assumption is wrong.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #456 on: <10-15-14/1700:18> »
@CT

I believe the trio of clowns boarded an FC Bison RV which just broke away from the pack and is heading toward the front at a relatively high rate of speed.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #457 on: <10-15-14/1707:17> »
9d6.hits(5)=6 Int 3, Perception 4, hot sim 2
perception test, limit I assume would be the sensor rating I'm perceiving through
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

8-bit

« Reply #458 on: <10-15-14/1710:22> »
@CT

About how long would it take me to get from my position to where I hear the gunfire? I assume maybe 30 seconds? A minute?

8-bit

« Reply #459 on: <10-15-14/1714:02> »
9d6.hits(5)=6 Int 3, Perception 4, hot sim 2
perception test, limit I assume would be the sensor rating I'm perceiving through

I thought you used Electronic Warfare to perceive through sensors?

Edit: Also, Ghost will put away his Sniper Rifle and pick up his Shotgun. It's loaded with APDS Rounds, and the underbarrel launcher is loaded with flashbangs. Just in case I need to shoot something.
« Last Edit: <10-15-14/1716:16> by 8-bit »

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #460 on: <10-15-14/1715:36> »
@CT

Just note, there are at least three situations here, although for us to know that IC might require people to post up. Sounds like there is something at the front of the car where Al is, something in a car near Flicker that may be what Luz/Ghost heard, and the RV situation (plus the ghouls which I am not counting yet).

EW Question: You may use EW in place of Perception if using a Sensor Array. Based on the wording of the book, it doesn't seem like it's required and, if only using a single sensor, doesn't appear to be allowed at all. Personally, I always use EW for arrays rather than allowing both, but that's just me.
« Last Edit: <10-15-14/1717:08> by JackVII »
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #461 on: <10-15-14/1720:02> »
@CT

I actually didn't know that about Sensors. That's interesting to know.

As for the 3 situations, you told us about the RV, I think I told us about the gunfire I heard near the back. The only one who knows what's happening to Al at the moment is Al, so that's the only unknown one out of the three we know (that we know for now OOC).

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #462 on: <10-15-14/1834:29> »
@CT

I believe the trio of clowns boarded an FC Bison RV which just broke away from the pack and is heading toward the front at a relatively high rate of speed.
Yes, they came from the rear of train B, where the gunfire now is coming from...

Quick clarification for Al, despite his distraction, the shotgun blast was inside the car, not actually outside...a peak inside won't reveal a pretty view, I'll let your vivid imagination paint the scene if I don't get to it first!

adamu

« Reply #463 on: <10-15-14/1850:14> »
Yikes!

Always happy to be given leave to paint a picture!

But hate to assume which of the two in the cab killed which…

My guess would be the troll killed Frank...

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #464 on: <10-15-14/1856:12> »
Luz will dynamically enter the car containing the scene of the crime. What she will do depends on what she finds:

1. If it is apparent that our three clowns have entered in and shot one of the circus workers, she will skill them. Starting with two semi-auto shots at the most obvious threat.

2. If it is apparent that the clowns have been dealt with by a passenger, she will assist.

3. Above all, she will insure that any unhurt passengers remain that way. If there is a hostage, she will hold fire for a moment.
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting