NEWS

TM-Sourceror-Post Kill Code

• 10 Replies

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« on: <09-03-18/1500:49> »
So Sourceror is the one i don't have any concerns with, it's good but not so good that i think it will draw the wraith of the balance gods. Just to be clear it's my first pass at this build and it's very far from finished, it's tricky of course b/c half this build uses errata, which make the core fairly useless. -4 Fading was worth the point of Resonance and it let me add the new and improved datajack. But this is a good example of where theory build real builds would differ as that program selection is GM controlled. It may well be that Groveler on-top of -4 fading is to much overkill, I'd probably swap it for quality that let you slave stuff to you or better on the matrix. FAQ is something i had missed up until now, I feel like that CF, is kinda dangerous side 6 successes to max datasearch compared to decking dataseach is serious business time.

Hyper-threading Combination for great justice.
The first one I like is diffusion of matrix attribute + Derezz should be a very rapid path to ether knocking someone right off. as you drop their firewall to zero or reducing them to the level that they are super vulnerable to your next attack.
Resonance Veil+Resonance Spike
Resonance Veil+Mirrored Persona

If I actually was going to play this i would be running drugs, hence the Nephritic screens and an auto-injector.

Priority (Sum2ten)
Attributes (A) Special- Resonance (A) Metatype-Human (E) Resources (D), Skills(D),

Attributes:
Bod 3
Str 2
Agi 4
Rea 5(6)
Int 6
Log 4
Will 5
Cha 3
Edge 3
Initiative 12+1d6
Essence 5
Resonance 5

Qualities 25/25 (-20k)
Groveler -10
Otaku to technomancer -10
Trust Lore not Data -5
Code of Honor Black Hat +15
Information Auctioneer +4
Matrix Troll +7
Sourceror (-20k)

Complex Forms
1 Resonance Spike
2 Resonance Veil
3 Cleaner
4 Diffusion of Firewall
5 Resonance Cache
6 Derezz
7 FAQ

Cyberware (1 Essence)
Datajack Plus Rating 3 .15
   (Sneak, Stealth, Armor)
Cybereyes .3
   (Smartlink, Low Light Vision, Thermographic, Flair Compensation, Imagelink)
Reaction Enhancer .3
Nephritic screens rating 4
Auto-injector

Skills:
Automatics 6
Software 6
Hacking 6
Compiling 6
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

kainite311

• Chummer
  • PC's are just murder hobo's...
« Reply #1 on: <09-03-18/2003:48> »
Before I post anything beyond the 2 things about his hacking, does he petnomancer hack? He is missing out on a lot of matrix abilities (perception, edit I think are important to hacking - edit you can get around with sprite, but matrix perception... I guess you can wait till the sprite tags it, but waste of action economy) are the most glaring atm. Meatworld he is a mediocre gun Dice pool, with no outside world skills (sneaking, perception, social skills, any skills...)
Kainite
Actually, in most Shadowrun games, they typically have a Lifestyle so they're either Murder Hobos (Street/Squatter Level) or Murder Renters (Low+ level)

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-03-18/2040:38> »
Before I post anything beyond the 2 things about his hacking, does he petnomancer hack? He is missing out on a lot of matrix abilities (perception, edit I think are important to hacking - edit you can get around with sprite, but matrix perception... I guess you can wait till the sprite tags it, but waste of action economy) are the most glaring atm. Meatworld he is a mediocre gun Dice pool, with no outside world skills (sneaking, perception, social skills, any skills...)

As I said it's incomplete and i'm not worried about that at all, i'll filling out the skills and get pools to where I want them, when i get closer to that point. I'm currently more interested in looking at what can be done with Sourceror and hyper-threading. If you thoughts on that i'd love to hear them. There has been a fairly accepted spell list (ymmv) for awhile do we have an accepted CF list? What's good? what's bad? What can be made good by hyperthreading?

Though I doubt i'll get ranged combat too much above 14 dice. Maybe with a teamwork test but we will see.

I'm also curious as to where Gemstar and our other techno folks are. I figure they would be going crazy in here by now.
« Last Edit: <09-03-18/2042:13> by Marcus »
Thinking
com
speaking

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <09-03-18/2053:30> »
Total overkill on the Fade Reduction, check out the new Sprite Powers Shield and Enhance.  Just Thread Baby, Thread!  (and check off Services on your Sprites....)

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <09-03-18/2056:44> »
Total overkill on the Fade Reduction, check out the new Sprite Powers Shield and Enhance.  Just Thread Baby, Thread!  (and check off Services on your Sprites....)

Drop just Grovler?
Drop Otaku to Techno?
Both?
Thinking
com
speaking

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <09-03-18/2109:20> »
If you think you'll always have Sprite Services available you can reasonably ignore Fade from Threading.  Fade from Compiling could be an issue if you're stingy with your Registered Sprite Services (or have run them out.) 

Especially as a Sourcerer with a -2 Fade DV to Threading already.  Puppeteer at Level 3, +3 from Enhance so it's limit 6, with a Sourcerer discount Fade Value 2.  Complete whiff on Fade Resistance, Shield power, 1 Stun Damage.  1 Stun from a Limit 6 Puppeteer as the worse case scenario is hilarious.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <09-03-18/2209:50> »
So both then?
Thinking
com
speaking

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #7 on: <09-11-18/0249:52> »
I’m trying to build a Sourceror as well, using the post Errata fade codes.

I have two questions though:
Why did you add programs to your data jack. They would have no effect, right?

What 11 complex forms you would take?
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <09-11-18/0919:46> »
I’m trying to build a Sourceror as well, using the post Errata fade codes.

I have two questions though:
Why did you add programs to your data jack. They would have no effect, right?

What 11 complex forms you would take?

The datajack is new (See Kill Code)
Thinking
com
speaking

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #9 on: <09-11-18/0922:30> »
I know. I have the pdf. But I was under the impression that TMs would not benefit from programs written for decks and links especially because they have the echo
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <09-11-18/1858:47> »
I think its safe to presume the RAI is a Datajack plus doesn't work for a Living Persona.  "When connected to a commlink or cyberdeck, the datajack plus can run a number of Common and Hacking programs equal to its rating."   Ditto the MOS that has similar verbiage.