NEWS

SOPA

• 39 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #15 on: <01-19-12/2328:18> »
Hello... I guess we're heading for interesting times.

Anonymous declares war

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <01-19-12/2342:28> »
Well, as it's an attack on freedom of speech, it does fit their manifesto.  I may not agree with a lot of what they do or how they do it, but I can get behind that kind of reasoning.

Son of a...

They're Neo-@s!  Another Cyberpunk/Shadowrun Prediction come true!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #17 on: <01-19-12/2345:13> »
Well, as it's an attack on freedom of speech, it does fit their manifesto.  I may not agree with a lot of what they do or how they do it, but I can get behind that kind of reasoning.

Son of a...

I was wondering how long it'd take you...

The real question now, is who's Captain Chaos in there group?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #18 on: <01-19-12/2347:57> »

Son of a...

It's been a rough...  Lifetime.  My brain isn't what it ever was.

I don't think they have him yet.  They're not organized or coherent enough.  Unless it's supposed to be Captain Crunch or Kevin Mitnick.  (BTW:  I want one of Mitnick's business cards!!!).

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <01-19-12/2348:40> »

Son of a...

I hope they don't have anyone that's as good as the Cap.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Smileinbob

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <01-19-12/2351:01> »
Well For those of you that are in the us wikipedia has an easy look up for contacts to your senators and congressmen. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:CongressLookup?new=yes   I would HIGHLY recommend that you get in touch with them to let them know that you do NOT want this bill to pass... Its not really a question of piracy at this point these bills SOPA / PIPA are cutting out our legal system... The sad fact is if you even have a forum site or some such where your discussing xxx copyrighted goods if it has anything copyrighted up they can shut it down with out any kind of legal actions being taken.. and they can then sue you for whatever they feel like. Please just take the five to ten mins to get in touch with your Reps in congress and make sure they know that you do not want these bills passed.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #21 on: <01-19-12/2352:50> »
Well For those of you that are in the us wikipedia has an easy look up for contacts to your senators and congressmen. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:CongressLookup?new=yes   I would HIGHLY recommend that you get in touch with them to let them know that you do NOT want this bill to pass... Its not really a question of piracy at this point these bills SOPA / PIPA are cutting out our legal system... The sad fact is if you even have a forum site or some such where your discussing xxx copyrighted goods if it has anything copyrighted up they can shut it down with out any kind of legal actions being taken.. and they can then sue you for whatever they feel like. Please just take the five to ten mins to get in touch with your Reps in congress and make sure they know that you do not want these bills passed.
And for those of us who will still be affected, and don't live in the USA?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Smileinbob

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <01-20-12/0000:43> »
actually i recall seeing something about that let me do a little bit of digging and ill see what i can come up with....

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #23 on: <01-20-12/0008:29> »
actually i recall seeing something about that let me do a little bit of digging and ill see what i can come up with....
If you're talking about the Canadian plan to invade the US, that's a little out of date.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <01-20-12/0015:17> »
If you're talking about the Canadian plan to invade the US, that's a little out of date.  :P

I KNEW IT!! So, how big is the moose army?  :P

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #25 on: <01-20-12/0025:08> »
Not big enough for the Pentagon's equally out of date invasion plan of Canada.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <01-20-12/0029:44> »
Not big enough for the Pentagon's equally out of date invasion plan of Canada.

Okay, still time to hunt down enough armadillos to train.  ::)

Smileinbob

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <01-20-12/0041:09> »

No actually i was looking to see if i could find any links for foreign people to have something to say about the SOPA/PIPA. The most i could find was contact your ambasdors to the us and contact your legal heads about US extradition. Sorry i couldn't find any more on this.
there is another thing i ran across putting a real hurt on the bottom line of the people who are pushing this stuff through might help also..

« Last Edit: <01-20-12/0047:05> by Smileinbob »

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #28 on: <01-20-12/1016:49> »

Hey Canada, we need more wood to build our Trebuchet.
Look past the lies, and all the scary stuff that remains is the truth.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #29 on: <01-20-12/1021:07> »
Hey Canada, we need more wood to build our Trebuchet.
Sorry, we still remember the Softwood Lumber incident that was illegal due to the Free Trade Agreement.  We're no longer sending the USA any Military-Grade Materials.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11