NEWS

Street Legends

• 173 Replies

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #105 on: <07-17-11/1939:10> »
So i figure anything I say towards anyone that has nothing but empty criticism for good products would be a waste of time and lost on them. So instead I will say this:

Good work SR staff, I have a group that play and love this game, some sense it has started. We will use street legends and it will add allot to our games.  Further we have used every published piece of 4th material and all add something to our game. Thank you for your time, and thanks for any future work.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #106 on: <07-17-11/1952:19> »
Good work SR staff, I have a group that play and love this game, some sense it has started. We will use street legends and it will add allot to our games.  Further we have used every published piece of 4th material and all add something to our game. Thank you for your time, and thanks for any future work.

This.

And +1 to you for putting it so succinctly.
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Sengir

• Omae
« Reply #107 on: <07-17-11/2008:11> »
Fucking white noise. That's all this shit is. Good, bad, or spam.
So, was reacting thin-skinned to customer criticism in public your main qualification for the PR job? Just so I know what to write in my resume...

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #108 on: <07-17-11/2035:41> »
Uh huh.

So CGL can expect your resume for a layout position when?

Deep breaths Crimson, just another poster from Trollshock with nothing better to do. Not worth even a minor elevation in heartrate.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #109 on: <07-17-11/2053:26> »
So, was reacting thin-skinned to customer criticism in public your main qualification for the PR job? Just so I know what to write in my resume...
Play nice children, last I heard, FastJack was still looking to punch someone in the junk.

Now, is that the FastJack in the books, or the Mod on the board here, or both?  I can never keep it straight.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #110 on: <07-17-11/2227:32> »
Let's ease up, everybody.  If you don't like the preview, you don't like the preview.  If you don't like someone else's post, you don't like someone else's post.  There's no need for a second Street Legends preview discussion thread to get locked.

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #111 on: <07-17-11/2229:05> »
Play nice children, last I heard, FastJack was still looking to punch someone in the junk.

I'm going to emphasize "play nice" in my mod voice. Crimson, regardless of how irritated you may be by criticisms, let's try to address content of people's comments rather than make broadsides. You may also choose to ignore them. Digital_Viking, we want to avoid any cross-board drama, and the term "Trollshock" is not helpful in that regards.

Let's keep it constructive.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #112 on: <07-17-11/2233:00> »
Watching closely. And I'm more than willing to punch someone in the junk. So, play nice kiddies (on both sides of the fence).

(Heh... ninja'd before I post - twice!)

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #113 on: <07-17-11/2235:37> »

I'm going to emphasize "play nice" in my mod voice. Crimson, regardless of how irritated you may be by criticisms, let's try to address content of people's comments rather than make broadsides. You may also choose to ignore them. Digital_Viking, we want to avoid any cross-board drama, and the term "Trollshock" is not helpful in that regards.

Jason H.

My apologies
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #114 on: <07-17-11/2316:04> »

Jason H.
Please note that word:  Constructive.  I'm fairly thin skinned (I know, a shocker!), but I take constructive criticism very well due to the fact that it makes me a better person.

Just plain criticism is not very conductive in any way, shape, or form, and demeans both the person it's targeted at, and the person who gives it out.

So, please, let's think of the children!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #115 on: <07-18-11/0005:58> »
If you found it perfectly readable, how come you missed even basic stuff like "Improved Takeoff and Landing 2, chameleon coating"?
And what exactly is wrong with those 2?
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #116 on: <07-18-11/0248:24> »
Let me just say this: When I was getting banned from DS for being a bastard to Synner and AH (I regret nothing I said to them. The only thing I do regret is a comment about Steve Kenson) In spite of all of that, Rob and Synner still had the principles to read and consider the seven-page proposal I sent to Rob (and then Synner took over). I don't know what would have happened if it was accepted since the book it was for never came to be, but I did it because it was important enough to me that I wanted to see the game line improved and that literally is the only way that can be achieved. When Critias prodded me on to propose something for Spy Games, my secondary motivation after wanting to do espionage in SR material was entirely hatred-based.

I had a ten-minute conversation with Jeff Parker that was mostly based around my writing for Shadowrun last month after he had been on a panel discussing legacy characters and projects. Just the two of us in the hall talking about him getting a stern call from John Byrne for something in X-Men First Class and how my first contribution to the discussion group was stolen and posted across that web by ... people. People have been doing this for years before I got my shot, and others will come after I'm gone. In the meanwhile, my job is to make what I write as awesome as possible for the customer (and useful in my case since it's RPG supplements). In my case that means that for a given group of gamers my product has to serve as a utility upon which they can build as much or as little of their world upon. I'm providing the electricity. You can run whatever you want or rewire your house for all I care as long as you get something of value for those kilowatts I'm pumping in.

I hate, hate, HATE the Tree of Liberty subchapter in System Failure with a burning passion. Six years later and if I didn't before I now definitely have to put up with that ... material. But I also developed, co-wrote, and edited a fucking novel from the year and a half-long campaign I ran based on that material. At no point did my raking Synner, Jong-Won Kim and God and everyone else over the coals did that happen. It happened when I realized, "Wait a second. I can do something with this without retconning or breaking anything. Hey, Critias and co. Want to play a game?" Six years later those 1,800 words still occupy a far disproportionate amount of time and mindspace than one would reasonably expect.

I'm the last person on Earth who would or is allowed to tell people not to bitch. But what has angered me reading this thread is the disappointment in how ... lacking ... criticism is. On another board there is a bitching thread, and that is what I do. I will just fire off a missive about how I have an emotional other non-legitimate (to myself) reason for hating or being pissed off about something. I don't even try to acknowledge people who try to argue about them because they are by their nature just random, stupid bitching. But that's separate from me saying Identity Crisis is the worst comic book I've ever read because it fails at every level to accomplish whatever it was supposed to—beginning and ending with being a terrible mystery. I was rude and vulgar as beyond tolerance on DS, but I tried to at least have a valid criticism of mechanics, logic, continuity, or fact.

Tycho

• Newb
« Reply #117 on: <07-18-11/0416:56> »
So, Rigger X, suposed to be
a high-end drone rigger

is a character with about 120Karma (I was not able to get the exact value due to the nonexistence rating of his enemy)

They're better because they have an awful lot of dice to roll for most of the things they do.

ääähh, no he doesn't.

He is even lacking at the core of rigging stuff:
- no Gearhead/Jury Rigger quality
- no More the Metahuman quality
- no Commlink optimization for Command
- no costum interface 
- no simsence booster
- no simsence accelerator
- no orientation system
- no MathSPU
- no enchephalon
- none of his drones and vehicles are decently modded
- none of his drones and vehicles are upgraded to complement a riggers skills (remember he will roll all his vehicle tests with Response/Sensor rating of the drone)
- no TacNet

for
a high-end drone rigger
he pretty much sucks.

I have played with Riggers that are better than him, not only dicepool wise but in every aspect of a what riggers do.

So next time you try to build
a high-end drone rigger
let someone do it, that has at least a basic understanding of the rules and what is required of the character he is supposed to build...

cya
Tycho

« Last Edit: <07-18-11/1005:56> by Tycho »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #118 on: <07-18-11/0818:05> »
Some non-constructive criticism.
Consider this an official warning, Tycho. Even after we asked that you stick to constructive criticism if you need to complain, this post does not offer anything more than the previous posts. It may be your opinion that Rigger X is not built to the best character optimization that you believe he should be, but that does not mean he "sucks" as a character.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #119 on: <07-18-11/0825:26> »
So next time you try to build
a high-end drone rigger
let someone do it, that has at least a basic understanding of the rules and what is required of the character he is suposed to build...
Because he's obviously supposed to be a uber min/maxed character ::)
I haven't seen any more of the book then you, but i can pretty much qurantee that none of the character will have stat lines like that(uber min/maxed), because that would be fraking idiotic.
"An it harm none, do what you will"