NEWS

The current Metaplots

• 386 Replies

Ech0

• Newb
« Reply #330 on: <09-09-18/0953:26> »
I was kinda looking forward to these new enemies from the Null nodes. But that... was an incredible slow read.

For 3/4th of the chapter, all they repeat is how mysterious and alien those "creatures" are. And how unknown they seem. And how strange they act. And how foreign they appear. And again, how weird they behave... Well, at least they aren't bodysnatchers, eh? ;-) The thing is: I wouldn't know what to do with them from a storytelling perspective. Because nothing is known about them, I'm having a hard time putting them into anything. Having them "just there" to scare away the Decker on occasion is not very interesting. And on top of that - it's Matrix only. So the Nulls are content for one player only (at the most). Their design is amazingly boring (triangular-mouthed D&D Ghouls) and they don't really -do- anything worthwhile.

They remind me of those Crystal creatures storyline that never went anywhere (anyone remember those? No? Thought so), all those Fairy/Seelie creatures, the old Vampire conspiracy, or the Imps, or that Tutor Spirit (yeah, he was pretty much the same, only in the magic variety).

Well - what am I supposed to do with them?
« Last Edit: <09-11-18/0456:34> by Ech0 »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #331 on: <09-09-18/1018:29> »
Monster of the week. =) It's how I used the crystal entities, just a random enemy for a nice plottwist. (Infiltrate a police precinct and investigate why they're so hardline all of a sudden.)
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Ech0

• Newb
« Reply #332 on: <09-11-18/0459:22> »
Naaah, I'll wait and see if something else will happen with them down the line. I don't wanna waste them as random Creepy-Crawlies, the first chance I get.

I'd also have to get the rest of the team interested enough in the Matrix going-ons for them to care when the Decker/Techno tells them about "that weird host".  ;)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #333 on: <09-11-18/0844:54> »
Nah, drop them as 'random creepy-crawlies'. Do it again a few months later. Then, if something happens, you can remind your players that you've been hinting this for months, and suddenly you are a God amongst GMs.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #334 on: <09-11-18/0921:04> »
Well, the Null must be connected to the 100 somehow. Maybe they are the last fragment of will or defiance trying to bring down the system. The 100 clearly suffered on an unimaginable scale and maybe clearing the foundation based matrix of everything connected to reality would allow them to finally rest.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #335 on: <11-27-18/1039:52> »
Since I'm still catching up on the latest books, don't hesitate to send me a PM with the latest metaplot developments if you want to help me update the OP :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #336 on: <11-30-18/1553:54> »
Could someone summarize the how, the why and the consequences of NeoNET collapsing for me? I have a game tomorrow set in 2080, and apparently this is a really important detail. Also, what exactly is this "monad" thing they keep mentioning in Street Lethal?
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #337 on: <11-30-18/1627:09> »
Monad ~ head case run by the nanite personality, I think.  (I'm not sure where the name comes from).

Quick and Dirty summary of the fall of NeoNet (and survival of Richard Villiers)
  • NeoNet ended up taking most of the blame for the disaster in Boston. 
  • As it was becoming clear that this was going to be the case, the company broke up, with Erika and Transys-Neuronet returning to being independent companies. 
  • The Corporate Court hit NeoNet with massive fines, and said that Richard Villiers couldn't run a company (or maybe even be on the board?  I forget the exact terms) for some period of time.
  • But just before the ruling came down, Villiers did some of his usually corporate shenanigans which left Novatech in control of a lot of former NeoNet assets, including their new St. Louis headquarters, AND which essentially leased the 'golden ticket' (seat on the Corporate Court) to Spinrad's new ammelgamation SpinStorm (or whatever the exact name is) for ten years.  In essence SpinStorm has replace Novatech on the Corporate Court, but Villiers hasn't permanently lost the golden ticket, and NovaTech was salvaged as a viable company, while other portions of NeoNet were allowed to crash and burn.

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #338 on: <11-30-18/1630:48> »
Interesting. What does that mean to me, the average shadowrunner? Am I going to get Mr.Johnsons asking me to for pick up and/or fight over salvageable pieces of NeoNET's corpse?

A Guide to Gridguide

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #339 on: <11-30-18/1708:10> »
Interesting. What does that mean to me, the average shadowrunner? Am I going to get Mr.Johnsons asking me to for pick up and/or fight over salvageable pieces of NeoNET's corpse?

Sure?

I think as it was going down, there was a lot of runs from people and groups in NeoNet trying to get themselves extracted to other corps.  Once it goes down, apparently thousands of people became SINless.  And yah, for sure they went down not because their businesses were no good but because of massive fines, so while the biggest pieces were carved off, lots of smaller units are probably in play.

Also SpinGlobal trying to establish itself as a true AAA, and the other corps trying to keep it down.  Although it has less north american presence than most (presuming your game is set in NA).

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #340 on: <11-30-18/2015:36> »
All sorts of shit.  This is a close-in brawl where shadowrunners are the knives.  Carving out still-useful portions of NeoNET companies, putting the hurt on SpinStorm, working for SpinStorm to snap up workable items from other corporations to try to prove they can run with the big boys and not lose AAA when the 10 years are up, influence work for Villiers for the however-long-it-is time he can't step foot in a boardroom (because never presume he isn't going to be involved anyhow) ...

This means lots of work.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #341 on: <01-20-19/2123:31> »
Has there been anything new (or is anything else planned) regarding the sixth world tarot?  I've been dying for more ever since I picked up Book of the Lost, but I haven't found anything else except for a little easy-to-miss snippet in Forbidden Arcana suggesting Nightmare got a card from Ordo Maximus.
The power of the Tri-Horse!

PMárk

• Chummer
« Reply #342 on: <01-25-19/0911:48> »
Has there been anything new (or is anything else planned) regarding the sixth world tarot?  I've been dying for more ever since I picked up Book of the Lost, but I haven't found anything else except for a little easy-to-miss snippet in Forbidden Arcana suggesting Nightmare got a card from Ordo Maximus.

Oh, yes, what about it?

It supposed to be a Big Deal, but there were minimal progressing of that storyline in the last few books.

I get that there are lots of irons in the fire right now, but nearly every book talked about the Monads, for example, or the Ares thing. this got a full book and the cards themselves and it's nearly nothing since then.
If nothing worked, let's think!

Ixal

• Chummer
« Reply #343 on: <02-06-19/0324:41> »
What is the current storyline in Missions?

No Future makes it sound like MCT is in a lot of trouble with much of their too brass dieing due to old age or freak megalodon attacks. Is the latter related to Missions?

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #344 on: <02-06-19/1836:46> »
No Future makes it sound like MCT is in a lot of trouble with much of their too brass dieing due to old age or freak megalodon attacks. Is the latter related to Missions?

....what?

freak megalodon attacks

.....what?!

A Guide to Gridguide