NEWS

Way of the Adept

• 17 Replies

Makki

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <11-19-11/1914:54> »
I understand your thinking about SaT. I get the fluff, but for crunch reasons there's just no way this power will ever be necessary.
Once I have Rea 9, I'm pretty sure the fastest guy in combat, except for hot-sim rigged drones. Let's say I have 14 initiative and 4 IPs. Why would I spend 1.5 powerpoints to get to 17 initiative in a 2nd combat round. My enemies are already either dead or suffer initiative modifiers due to wounds.
If this is the icing on the cake, it is a barely visible, but expensive icing, about a micron thick, and the chef has to tell everyone about it, toherwise noone will notice.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #16 on: <11-19-11/2050:55> »
Because you can't always be first.  Because Reaction influences whether or not you see the guy who's twenty meters away, just rolled down the car window and who is drawing a bead on you with that shotgun-with-slug-rounds while you're hacking away in that mess of a melee, and he's as fast as you are and the only way you're going to manage to get out of the way of his bullet is if you get five successes on your Initiative test for Surprise -- and this will give you the three points of Reaction necessary to react to his ambush.

Got something that maxes out your 'half your Reaction' and still has points left?  Congrats, if you had a 9 (and could only add 4 dice), you could now, temporarily, have a 12 and add 6.

Do I lust after the possibility of one more initiative pass?  Yes, yes I do.  But then I've been playing the Initiative / 10 round up version for a while ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Makki

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <11-20-11/0304:07> »
Do I lust after the possibility of one more initiative pass?  Yes, yes I do.  But then I've been playing the Initiative / 10 round up version for a while ...
with this initiative system, which I like, too, this power has a valid place.