NEWS

Spy Games errata discussion

• 26 Replies

GeLrIrToCrH

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <12-01-11/1521:41> »
Spy Games, page 34, horse trot ranch, it says that Falcone "In his previous life Falcone was a runner, a decker who went
by the name of HammerJack." But in SRM 02-02 Best Served Cold, Falcone was an ex-fixer and Hammerjack was a decker out for revenge on a botched job Falcone was the fixer of.  So, um, oops?

Ryushiroi

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <12-06-11/2213:01> »
In the same vein, in SRM02-08A, Kazuya "The Dragon" Hotomi is killed very badly by one Lady Jade. After he had left the Yakuza and killed his own daughter when his former lover rejected him after walking away.

RavenX

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <02-02-12/0138:08> »
On 155, in the Surveillance Equipment Rules, There is a table for Name, Availability and Cost of some items like T-ray, Scatter x-ray etc.  What does this table correspond to?  It is not clear from the context on the page.  Are these things mods or what?

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #18 on: <02-02-12/0246:51> »
On 155, in the Surveillance Equipment Rules, There is a table for Name, Availability and Cost of some items like T-ray, Scatter x-ray etc.  What does this table correspond to?  It is not clear from the context on the page.  Are these things mods or what?

Read the text in the rest of the book, maybe?

They're vision enhancements, just like Low-Light, Ultrasound, and Thermograhpic.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

RavenX

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <02-02-12/0302:27> »
I did read the book, the problem is that the table has no Table Header for it, which can confuse readers.

Also page 156: Bloodhound Mk III drone lists the Olfactory Sensor as a standard upgrade but does list the default rating for the sensor.  What should the sensor rating be since this varies from 1-6?

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <02-02-12/0307:30> »
I did read the book, the problem is that the table has no Table Header for it, which can confuse readers.

Also page 156: Bloodhound Mk III drone lists the Olfactory Sensor as a standard upgrade but does list the default rating for the sensor.  What should the sensor rating be since this varies from 1-6?

I agree. Still, I usually start a page or two before the table and start skimming looking for key-words.

As for the Bloodhound, I would say that since the drone has a Sensor rating of 3, it comes with a Rating 3 Olfactory Sensor.
― Albert Einstein

― Me

RavenX

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <02-02-12/0401:34> »
Page 151: Fingerprint Morphing cyberware, cost is given as a 10,000 X Rating, no rating range is specified.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #22 on: <02-02-12/0736:27> »
Page 151: Fingerprint Morphing cyberware, cost is given as a 10,000 X Rating, no rating range is specified.
Rating ranges default to 1-6 per the Device Ratings rules in SR4A.

RavenX

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <02-02-12/2134:20> »
p. 160 Microwave Microprocessor Disabler.

My assumption is that this is a weapon, but no "to-hit" skill or range is specified.  Also no ammunition type either. 

Without a range this weapon is rather broken...
« Last Edit: <02-03-12/0041:20> by RavenX »

RavenX

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <02-06-12/2235:42> »
Found something else that is very confusing, on page 146 the Small Explosive Device commlink upgrade says two different things for damage value.  Flavor text says 10P(f), but the table says 5P (1 meter radius).  Which of these is the correct value, if any?

Wilhelm R.

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <03-20-12/0513:18> »
So,  guys,  what's safejump do?  :P
one of my players asked and I started flipping fervently through all my books looking, and finding nothing.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <03-20-12/0531:56> »
Found something else that is very confusing, on page 146 the Small Explosive Device commlink upgrade says two different things for damage value.  Flavor text says 10P(f), but the table says 5P (1 meter radius).  Which of these is the correct value, if any?

I always assumed the 10P(f) was for the poor sap holding it, and 5P -1/m was for anyone else in the vicinity.
― Albert Einstein

― Me