NEWS

Errata for Running Wild

• 20 Replies

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« on: <09-10-10/0850:16> »
While I'm not going to transplant the entire thread from Dumpshock here, I am going to address a few things from "The Infected" that I think ought to be corrected in Running Wild errata.

Harvesters: Some changes crept in between editions, and I didn't catch them. The harvester's Magic should be upped to 3. It should also be noted that the Body-vs-Magic restriction of the Movement power is ignored (these things are supposed to be scary fast, and they can't use Movement on anybody else; this is a special exception).

Feel free to drop in with your suggestions.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #1 on: <09-10-10/0930:12> »
Still waiting on the Augmentation errata we were told was just waiting one more persons clearance and then we'd get it before Christmas.....08.
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-10-10/0948:45> »
Don't know about that, but I do know a lot of crap was going on back at that time. I do know I'm pushing to get RW errata out, if only to fix a couple of my typos. I can agitate with TPTB for the rest of the errata, too.

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #3 on: <09-10-10/1828:52> »
Ahh errata what would we do with out it ???

Oh yeah be confused..... ;D

Thanks for the info there Patrick
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <09-12-10/1644:04> »
No problem, Casazil. I wanted the harvesters to be scary to players who don't automatically min-max everything, and I think for the most part I succeeded. I just made a couple of mistakes in that I didn't notice some of the power changes going into SR4A. Should have read things a little more carefully there.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <09-12-10/1644:57> »
While I won't cut-and-paste the entire thread over on Dumpshock, it is a good reference and so I'll link to it. It'll help me later if I wind up being the guy who compiles this one....

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=28110

toturi

« Reply #6 on: <09-14-10/2215:52> »
You might want to go through the sections with aquatic creatures. While I am willing to run it as printed, it does appear hilarious that IIRC some paracritters like the para-sharks do not have Gills.

I Hate All Life

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <09-22-10/0828:36> »
Um, here's an issue that jumped out at me when I was reading through the book. Pg. 92, second column, under Canines...

Hyenas are not canines. They're not even in the same family; they're more closely related to cats, and even closer to mongooses and meerkats. Kinda sloppy research here, in an otherwise great book.
« Last Edit: <09-22-10/0833:49> by I Hate All Life »
Visit The Howling Void Shadowrun Page for new metatypes, magic, gear and more
http://www.thehowlingvoid.com/sr4-index.html

FoxBoy

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <10-03-10/1254:08> »
@I Hate All Life

He's right, I always thought hyenas were canine until he pointed it out.

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Carnivora
Suborder: Feliformia -- Same suborder as cats according to gray
Family: Hyaenidae

BTW... there's already an ardwolf in the natural world but they diverge from hyenas at the family level. They feed primarily on insects.

I Hate All Life

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <10-12-10/1315:03> »
I mean, what gets me, is the smallest amount of research would have told the author this. Hell, just type "hyena" into Google and you'd have gotten that. I'd have been happy with a parenthetical disclaimer somewhere on the page, such as, ("Hyenas aren't actually canines, but statistically they are treated as such.")  :-\
Visit The Howling Void Shadowrun Page for new metatypes, magic, gear and more
http://www.thehowlingvoid.com/sr4-index.html

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #10 on: <10-12-10/1344:50> »
For that matter, why aren't bears listed under canines? I mean, they are part of Caniformia just as hyenas are part of Feliformia!

[/end sarcastic reply to homo-nitpickius posters]

Should hyenas be listed under canines? Technically, no. Are they built more like, hunt like and are viewed more like dogs? Yes. Maybe in a future edition you'll get a disclaimer, but something like that wouldn't stop me from getting the book.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <09-30-11/1134:36> »
Yes, this is thread necro. Yes, it's for a purpose.

In the not-terribly-distant future, I will be posting an unofficial errata for the Infected section of Running Wild, a la what Critias is doing with Way of the Adept, etc. It will be just the stuff I'm responsible for, so a lot of things won't get fixed, but I hope a couple of things will.

I'll post here when it's done.

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <09-30-11/1500:31> »
That is awesome patrick, thank you very much. Running wild is a fun read.

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #13 on: <09-30-11/1919:13> »
It's refreshing to see that the writers care enough to do this kind of thing. Kudos!

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <10-10-11/0016:27> »
After re-reading the Infected section, and then going back through a LOT of discussions on Dumpshock about the book (particularly the Infected), I have compiled my proposed errata for that section. It's remarkably short, less than a page. I've submitted it to Jason so I can make it official, so it'll be a little while longer before I post it.

If it takes too long, however, I'll just post it anyway, with or without the official imprimatur.