NEWS

Gaming Horror stories

• 127 Replies

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #30 on: <09-09-10/1457:06> »
"Is there anything in there that's scary?"

That one's a gem. Don't forget that one. Though I think that falls under the "so much fail it's a win" category.
Player joins our group at the local Red Lobster. Most of the players were employees and we were allowed to use the back Dining room (on tues cause they were slow nights) for our games as long as we didn't get to loud & we bought food.

So a Hostess wanted to join our group. Now she swore an oath she had played before. We gave her a Witch (class from Dragon Mag.. real powerful caster class). as our paarty reaches the "dark forbodeing cave enterance." Our newly minted witch askes, "Is there anything in there that will scare me?" Stunned to silence we all just turned and looked at her! :o
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #31 on: <09-09-10/1632:48> »

"Is there anything in there that will scare me?"

I'm useing this sometime in a future game just to see what looks I get!
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Jadehellbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Chummer
  • My crotch! I'm not supposed to... wait, what?
« Reply #32 on: <09-09-10/1635:52> »
I would think it would depend on how easily scared her character is...

...are we talking angry golems?

...undead hordes?

...vengeful ghosts?

...North Korean saboteurs?

...my ex-girlfriend?

...a Mad Cat Omnimech?

...a fluffy white rabbit with blood on it's mouth? (BRING THE GRENADE, DAMMIT!)
Not to be demanding, but can you please point that Panther Assault Cannon somewhere other than my groin?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #33 on: <09-09-10/1638:39> »
Dude, the ex-girlfriend is WAAAAAAY more scarier than any of that other stuff.

Jadehellbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Chummer
« Reply #34 on: <09-09-10/1639:49> »
Dude, the ex-girlfriend is WAAAAAAY more scarier than any of that other stuff.

You've met her too, eh?  ;D
Not to be demanding, but can you please point that Panther Assault Cannon somewhere other than my groin?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #35 on: <09-09-10/1641:08> »
Heh... this reminds me of the episode of Law & Order where Lenny & Munch are playing pool and realize they dated the same woman...

BlackMyron

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <09-09-10/2317:34> »
 My one Shadowrun story I blame on myself - there ended up being a rules argument over the damage to a person behind a barrier when a shot penetrates the barrier that last an hour and a half.  The sad part?  I was the GM.  The lesson learned (and one I should've known already) was "The GM is always right".   No matter how argumentative the players were, I should've just made a call and moved on.

Another rule I learned from trying the Gaming Club when I was in college - if the 'house rules' are thicker than the actual rulebooks, it's probably not worth your time to play.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <09-09-10/2340:51> »
Yeah, yeah, ban-cannon is loaded and aimed, bucko

Go ahead and pull the trigger. Did I tell you I work just south of (as in walking distance to) where your boss on this side lives?  ;D

Not sure if I'll be at Gencon next year myself- depends on how finances look at the time, but sure hoping to do it again.

Won't be finances that limit me, it'll be the wedding/honeymoon eating up my vacation time.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <09-10-10/0917:15> »
My one Shadowrun story I blame on myself - there ended up being a rules argument over the damage to a person behind a barrier when a shot penetrates the barrier that last an hour and a half.  The sad part?  I was the GM.  The lesson learned (and one I should've known already) was "The GM is always right".   No matter how argumentative the players were, I should've just made a call and moved on.

Another rule I learned from trying the Gaming Club when I was in college - if the 'house rules' are thicker than the actual rulebooks, it's probably not worth your time to play.

There are some people that are always right and just don't have to give reasons. Your parents, your bosses, your significant other, your DM/GM, admins, and mods.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #39 on: <09-10-10/1237:18> »

There are some people that are always right and just don't have to give reasons. Your parents, your bosses, your significant otherwife, your DM/GM, admins, and mods.
Let me fix that for you.
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Jadehellbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Chummer
« Reply #40 on: <09-10-10/1402:15> »
For what it's worth- mods can be wrong. I've been wrong more than a few times, and if shown that I'm wrong, I'm the first to apologize for it.

...it's just so rare that I get called on it. Because I'm ban-happy, so people rarely get the chance to speak up. ;)

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #41 on: <09-10-10/1510:31> »
There's nothing innately wrong with questioning/arguing with authority figures.  The trick is to know WHEN to do it. 

It's one thing people need to remember about, for instance, cops.  On the side of the road with traffic whizzing by isn't when to protest your ticket, act argumentative, or whatever.  Take the ticket, and get your day in court.  That's what court is for, by definition.

Likewise, arguing with the GM.  In the middle of the game?  Shut your yap, and roll some dice, and move on.  Don't hold up the fun for everyone else by pedantically flipping from page to page, citing rulebook after rulebook, and trying to "win" by making your GM eat some crow.  Make a mental note to talk about it after the game or e-mail your GM sometime before next weekend, and get on with your life. 

The hard part is knowing when to speak up, and when to just let things sit for a minute and wait for the right time. 

BlackMyron

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <09-10-10/1958:47> »
 Which is why running Paranoia is always the easiest.  The rules are Ultraviolet clearance.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <09-10-10/2136:20> »
Of course. I just mod a site that's populated mainly by 12-18 year old girls. Several thousand of them. Trust me, they have no intelligent arguments. Ever. Sometimes it's just comical how unintelligent their arguments can be.

And Dad, I don't have a wife; though I do consider it polite and respectful to listen to what a boyfriend has to say without giving him a bunch of crap for it just as much as he has to do every little thing I say without question because I'm always right. *devilish grin*
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

kinderkrieg

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <09-10-10/2144:12> »
Of course. I just mod a site that's populated mainly by 12-18 year old girls. Several thousand of them. Trust me, they have no intelligent arguments. Ever. Sometimes it's just comical how unintelligent their arguments can be.

And Dad, I don't have a wife; though I do consider it polite and respectful to listen to what a boyfriend has to say without giving him a bunch of crap for it just as much as he has to do every little thing I say without question because I'm always right. *devilish grin*

eeeeeeeeeviiiiillllllllllllllllllllllll.