NEWS

Anyone Else Have Holiday Gaming Special Sessions?

• 21 Replies

Juxtamon

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <11-02-10/1451:03> »
Well, there you go, then.

And as thread highjacks go, that wasn't *too* bad... :P
"Was it in Tahiti?  Were we on the Nile?"

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #16 on: <11-02-10/1511:48> »
Now see, the NEXT gaming session is the good one. Our hostess likes to make us a Thanksgiving meal for the game, complete with a full roast turkey! It's like getting Thanksgiving twice a year!

Wait... it IS getting Thanksgiving twice a year! ;D

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #17 on: <11-03-10/0835:52> »
Well, there you go, then.

And as thread highjacks go, that wasn't *too* bad... :P
Wait for once we were ON topic! :o
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

street.mage

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <11-11-10/0154:51> »
Our group does for the more "non-family" holidays like Labor Day, Memorial Day and such. We generally have a weekend get-together and play all friday night and saturday night.

here's a rant -  But Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving are pretty much a "no."  Only my wife plays in our family; her brothers that visit are kind of, "Ahhhh!  Dungeons and Dragons is EVIL."  My in-laws don't really care.  Oh, and we had to put locks on our cabinets that keep our gaming books in them or they and their children won't stay the night.  Like the "Monsters" come to life in the books and they are afraid they will eat them.  Or something.  But I don't really care.  It's what, for 5 days a year?  Whatever.  Now they think that about D&D, they probably wouldn't understand what SR is.  Unless we told them.  Which is probably not going to happen.  Considering I now own more SR books than D&D (wow, that's a revelation), it may not be a problem in the future.

To be fair, they do have small children that might be "scared" of the gargantuan dragons.  - end rant.

Back to the regular scheduled thread -  8)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #19 on: <11-11-10/0846:39> »
I have yet to meet a five-year-old that sees a dragon and doesn't think "That. Is. So. AWESOME!"

Which may be what the parents are really afraid of... ;)

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <11-11-10/0903:39> »
My mom isn't overly fond of the roudiness and... err... not that appropriate language that's usually coming out of Dad and I when we're gaming. Codac and Doom more or less behave better than the hosts, soooo... XD
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #21 on: <11-11-10/1023:45> »
My excuse is I am a former US Marine. A colorful vocabulary is contractual till the end of days. Your excuse is you're a daddy's girl! :D
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.