Barrens Weaopnry

• 60 Replies

Twitchy D

• Omae
  • Paranoia is a survival trait.
« Reply #15 on: <09-24-12/1248:53> »
Actually, I included Santa Claus in my first book, Safehouses.  ;D

I'm well aware. ::)
I've already bought it, so you don't neccesarily need to advertise it to me. Everyone else, however, is free game.

Oh, Halloweeners and Ghetto-Tech? you must mean this stuff.......

Clip.

Been wanting to make stats on these for awhile now, but I'd like to see what you make of them.

Sure, glad to try! As previously posted, however, I ain't no high-fallutin' writer type, or some fancy expert on weilding and auto matenance, so take it easy if you know stuff that I don't, or if these weapons don't make sense. Oh, and feel free to stat up some stuff of your own, ok?

Redneck Katana!

A 3-4 foot piece of Rebar with some heavy tape or something for a handle

Hmm... Heat it over an extremely hot fire (most likely a Fire Spirit), pound out a flat surface while the metal's still hot, sharpen edge for a blade... Sure, sounds like a pretty bitchin' weapon for any situation to me!
Do you think some varients could have a sharpened chunk of concrete on the striking end for a more Redneck Warhammer type of feel?

Ballista.
somebody probably can find an old leaf-spring from a car and some high tensile strength wire.
doubles as grenade launcher and harpoon.

...The Piecemaker, from the Nights Watch series of The Diskworld stories, right? The troll watchman had a seige ballista that he used as a crossbow.

Stick some stiff and straight monofilament wires into a bundle, wrapping them with some of that special fabric that those monowire climbing gloves. Giving how their thickness can be mesured on a molecular level you should be able to have a lot fit in, say, a two foot long ballista bolt. Have the fabric be resistint enough to hold the bundle together, but not enough to resist being torn away from the bundle of monowires after being shot from the ballista. the idea is to have the bundle unwravel after being shot from the weapon, with the monowires spreading apart and hopefully flying like arrows towards the target, like an invisible Rain of Arrows. I would think that anyone standing in front would be absolutely shredded.

;D

Damn straight I'm gonna try to stat it!

Twitchy D

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <09-24-12/1302:30> »
Also, I've got a really, really good/bad weapon idea for the Scatterbrains gang that I've got to stat up sometime this evening.

Squirting flowers. Like those ones you see on clowns.

Except with Hydrochloric Acid.

Whaddya think!?!?

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #17 on: <09-24-12/1337:54> »
@Twitchy:
Bingo, Detritus is it.

Also, why squirty flowers?
Just chose something that won't meld through normal water-guns and use these instead.
Aside from the surprise factor of the squirty flower, the normal water guns are way better.
Both in terms of reach and useability/ease of use for the user.

And while we are at it:
Who could forget the Molotow-Cocktail? All-Time-Favourite, do it to yourself Fire-Bombs!
And you can do different kinds with Slip-Spray and other fun Stuff too, if you want to . .

And air-pressure can be used to propell projectiles just like gun-powder or mechanical power.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #18 on: <09-24-12/1449:35> »
Ballista.
somebody probably can find an old leaf-spring from a car and some high tensile strength wire.  doubles as grenade launcher and harpoon.
I thought this was what your typical Trollbow was?  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Twitchy D

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <09-24-12/1449:56> »
Also, why squirty flowers?
Just chose something that won't meld through normal water-guns and use these instead.

If anyone (IE: Shadowrunners) with an eye for tv cliches, or a link to tvtropes in their favorites bar, looks at it, they would expect it to be filled and used against them. However, they would expect it to be filled with water, not acid. Cue honking noises and screams of mysery.

As for the acid, hydrochloric acid was the one that popped into my head at the time of writing.

Aside from the surprise factor of the squirty flower, the normal water guns are way better.
Both in terms of reach and useability/ease of use for the user.

All very true. Remember though, the Scatterbrains thriller gang isn't known for being logical. Throwing cream pies laced with LSD in shopping malls IS one of their favorite pranks.

Still, a better delivery system for spraying acid would be a good idea. So here's an idea for a "Selzer Water" sprayer, based off of a modified Shiawase Blazer retrofitted with chemical protection of about 4 or 5 for the nozzle and piping, as well as for the spray bottle itself.

"Selzer Bottle", Modded Shiawase Blazer
Range: Tazer
Damage: (3P), damage continues for five turns minus number of saves the target made on damage resist, unless the target washes the acid off with water or a base is applied to the acid.
Armor Penitration: -, Minus one AP for every turn after the first attack for the saves missed.
Shots: 8 shots. 2 shots for an area sweep attack.
Firing Action: Simple action. Complex action for an area sweep attack.
Availibility: 16F. Reduce availibility by 1 for every point of loyalty you have in a Scatterbrains gangmember contact. This is their own specialized custom gang weapon, after all.
Cost: 2800 nuyen. The retrofit costs a bundle, and they do have a monopoly on the acid sprayer market.

Special: As this is a retrofit of a Shiawase Blazer, assume that the proccess takes up 2 spaces on the weapon modification slots, for the Chemical Protection rating 4 refit of the pipes, nozzle, and sprayer system. Any acid above rating 4 melts the weapon when fired, causing damage to the weilder of the sprayer.

And while we are at it:
Who could forget the Molotow-Cocktail? All-Time-Favourite, do it to yourself Fire-Bombs!

Ehn, Arsenal put the rules for it out first...

And you can do different kinds with Slip-Spray and other fun Stuff too, if you want to . .
And air-pressure can be used to propell projectiles just like gun-powder or mechanical power.

I was thinking about an Oxigen Tank Launcher... Like a dumbfire rocket launcher with even less of a guidence program for the "rocket!"

(Whooshhhhh, ka-BOOOOM!!!)
"Damnit, Wise, those were OUR guys!"
"Well, I sure as hell wasn't aiming for them! You couldn't hit the broad side of a cyberbarn with this thing!"
"Goddamnit, I only hit an apartment once with this! ONCE! AND YOU WON'T SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT IT!!! NOW CRAM IT AND FIRE!"
« Last Edit: <09-24-12/1501:31> by Twitchy D »

Twitchy D

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <09-24-12/2106:50> »
Hurf. 'nother weapon. Take the stats 'n playtest it f'r me.

Pool Ball in a Bar Rag. (With thanks to Steven Seagal, for a change of pace)

Reach 0
Damage: (STR/2)
Armor Piercing: -
Availability: ...ya know what, if your player really wants it, give it to him.
Cost: Jack all nothin'.

Hatchet Targe.
A small homemade shield made out of sheet metal, decommissioned/repurposed cut down highway signs, or even car doors for the exceptionally large, the hatchet targe is particularly common amongst go-gangs and bikers. The top and bottom of the shield are sharpened, giving an edge in combat, although it is somewhat unwieldily to handle, and its protective qualities are inferior to even a riot shield. It is often wielded onto PPP arm guards for the extra armor it gives.

Armor modifier: +2/+3
Reach 0
Damage: (STR/2+2)
Armor Penetration: -
Availability: 6
Cost: 50 nuyen

Finish some more tomorrow, including a fist-mounted blade that lives up to the nickname "the can opener", and of course, The Bumper Sword. Try out this stuff and see how it works for you guys. See you tommorow!

DoubleTap

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <09-29-12/1331:59> »
good weapons so far.  You forgot a old stand by.  The market owner back home made this.  Take a aluminum base ball bat, drill a hole, fill bat half way with split shot, cap hole.
always Double Tap.
I'm a engineer if I cant fix it I can damn sure break it. (SSG Brown 12B osut instructor)

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <09-29-12/1356:16> »
What is that supposed to do?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #23 on: <09-29-12/1449:31> »
good weapons so far.  You forgot a old stand by.  The market owner back home made this.  Take a aluminum base ball bat, drill a hole, fill bat half way with split shot, cap hole.
Momentum Shift as you swing.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Twitchy D

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <09-29-12/1515:10> »
And I'm back! Sorry for the wait, family-related bullishh was involved. As before, I'll try to stat out some weaponry that a random druggie lunitic could create from junk and scraps found in the barrens, as well as other things that just come to my mind. Per usual, I don't playtest these things (long, depressing story why), so give em a try and let me know how they work out for you!

Now, lets start off with a consealable weapon that you can find today that is based off a smaller version of itself.

The Balisong Sword

The Balisong Sword is an exeptionally large version of the balisong, or Butterfly Knife, a utility/self defense knife originating in the Philippines. Due to it's construction and opening action, it is often popular with customers who prefer a larger blade for melee, but need better consealability then a monofiliament sword or katana can offer, particularly with MAD-proofed versions being availible through less-then-legal means. Some Filipino martial arts (Eskrima, Kali) have been teaching their students how to fight with these weapons, creating an option for the street samurai who wants to weild a sword, but has doesn't want to go for the more dominant art of bushido due to angering a Japanacorp in his or her career.

Reach 1
Damage: (STR/2+3)
Armor Penitration: - for standard, -1 for monofilament versions
Availibility: 6 for standard, 8R for monowire, add a forbiddened rating for MAD-resistant versions
Cost: 400 for the non-monofilament one, 800 for monofilament, MAD-resistant versions costs even more...
Consealabilty: -2

The Can Opener

Created by a Shadowrunner who had, through sheer dumb luck rather then planning, survived a duel with a high ranking member of the Red Samurai. Realizing that there wouldn't always be a hundred plus story drop from a Renraku archology everytime she had to fight a highly armored enemy in melee, she started to create a weapon capable of prying off heavy armor from a trooper's body, creating what looked like an old fashioned can opener weilded like a bhundi dagger. While she was ultamitely sucsessful in her attempt and commersalization of her creation on the shadow side of buisness, she forgot that her time would be better spent in trying to avoid attention, a fact she realized only before she was thrown off of the same Renraku archology herself, sans Cyberlimbs.

Reach 0
Damage: (STR/2+2)
Armor Penitration: -1
Availibility: 10R
Cost: 800 nuyen

Special: By using a complex action, a character weilding this weapon can, instead of doing damage, reduce a single target's armor by 3 for ballistic and impact armor. This is represented as the character using the weapon to pry open armor so he could get to the person inside. This armor removal is culmative, up to a point for the gamemaster to decide.

More weight in the head of the bat would cause it to hit harder. Kind of like putting nails in the head of the bat, but less of a chance to have the victim require a tetanus shot after the fight. If he lives, that is.

DoubleTap

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <10-13-12/0808:18> »
yeah, the shift weight in the aluminum baseball bat, adds some force.  saw a 70 year old korean shop owner knock a large thief out with it.   gotta love new jearsey
always Double Tap.
I'm a engineer if I cant fix it I can damn sure break it. (SSG Brown 12B osut instructor)

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <10-13-12/1541:56> »
interesting.

Twitchy D

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <10-14-12/1641:31> »
Hey, I'm back! I honestly don't have any excuse for ignoring this thread for so long, so I'll just apologise in the best way I know how: posting some cobbled together weaponry that really hurts when you smash a goon over the head with it. As always, feel free to stat up some implements of destruction and post them on here. I, for one, would love to have someone stat up a Chainlock Flail, with a focus on how a goon could be entangled by the chain and the bonuses derived from that.

Now, as I promised to you guys a long time ago, here are some Fallout: New Vegas melee weapons you guys can play with, starting with The Shishkabob!

The Shishkabob is a homemade sword created by the Halloweeners, made out of scavenged steel reforged into a blade, a thigh mounted motorcycle gas tank or a backpack mounted propane tank, a self lighting pilot light, and a flexible piping system covered in impact gel packs and ballistic cloth, which is used to coat the blade in flame. Used by the most psychotic of the gang as well as the leutendants (the ones that manage to not catch on fire themselves, anyways), the ones that manage not to die from victims exacting immediate vengance often wear scavenged firefighter gear, riot gear, or other armor modifed to resist the chance of dying from karmatic irony. The best of these weapons are made in the Halloweener's own headquarters, using tools stolen from auto shops all over Seattle and Federated Bowing's own construction yards.

Reach 1
Damage: (STR/2+3) + 3 fire damage. Target rolls body+impact armor (6) to resist catching on fire. Flamable material get a -2 to the roll, synthetic fibers get +2, being doused in flamable liquid (gasoline, oil, alcohol) gives a -4. Fire Resistant clothes get to add their bonus to the roll.
Armor Penitration: 0
Availability: 12F. Parts are from 3 to 6.
Cost: 2,500 nuyen and up. Characters with Halloweener contacts may be able to get one for less, or as a reward for a job well done. The parts come from about 40 nuyen to 500 nuyen.

Note: I highly reccomend that your character gets some fire resistant clothing before getting this weapon. Fire in close range combat SUCKS.

The Bumper Sword

Weilded by the Spikes, the Bumper Sword is a massive bladed weapon made from old car bumpers. An old Fold Americar bumper is preferred, as the older models were made mainly out of metal, rather then the plastics or fiberglass most other brands used. The bumper is heated over a hot flame and beaten into a blade shape while still hot using sledgehammers and makeshift tongs on a car engine. While it is well made considering the materials and the circumstances, it is extremely unweildly for smaller metahumans, meaning that it is often found in the hands of trolls and orks.

Reach 2
Damage: (STR/2+4)
Armor Penitration: -2
Availibility: 12. Earns an F in Seattle due to it's popularity with ork and troll gangs.
Cost: 1,000 nuyen. Players with troll/ork ganger contacts can get it at a reduced cost, or as a reward for a job well done.
Upgrades: Metahuman Adaption

Note: Requires a minimum strength of 7 to weild properly. A penalty of -1 per strength point under the minimum should be applied to attack and damage rolls.

Twitchy D

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <10-15-12/1312:16> »
yeah, the shift weight in the aluminum baseball bat, adds some force.  saw a 70 year old korean shop owner knock a large thief out with it.   gotta love new jearsey

(Sigh...) Home, sweet home...

Inconnu

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <10-15-12/1957:28> »
best weapon ever:
Sword shaped stun baton.
Stats.
Now.