« Reply #30 on: <10-15-12/2015:47> »
best weapon ever:
Sword shaped stun baton.
Stats.
Now.
Wha...
How...
That doesn't even...
...(Random Explosion from excess awesome)...

Would a restating of General Jingwei's Shocksword from Fallout 3 count for you?

Twitchy D

• Omae
  • Paranoia is a survival trait.
« Reply #31 on: <10-15-12/2110:18> »
Hokay, I'm back! Only one weapon today for you guys, because I'm in a sort of creative slump these days. However, I have a feeling that it'll be popular with all you low-level runners, the ones slightly more respectable then your average ganger, but just starting out on the Shadowrunning circuit and learning the ropes, as well as you Pink-Mohawk types out there. The Aerosol Potato Bazooka, AKA the Spud Gun. As usual, you guys have to playtest this stuff out for yourselves.

Aerosol Potato Bazooka

Created by numerous troublemaking teenagers with a modiceum of technical skill, as well as a couple of low-level gangs, the Aerosol Potato Bazooka is more a tool for vandals and neo-punks to cause problems for corp security. Made primarily out of PVC piping, many varieties of launching a potato from it exist, though most lack the ability to fully utilize their payload in a lethal manner on a consistent basis (without the help of magic) until fairly recently, with the return of 2050's oversized eighties cyberpunk hair. As cosmetics raced further and further to get women's hair to look like something one would find at a petting zoo, the formula for hairspray became more and more complex and explosive, cultimating in Tres Chic Cosmetics coming out on top with their Power Plumage Double Plus hairspray, which could keep hair in place through soaking rain and heat of desert, as well as ignite under photography lights and cigarette embers. Using this intense cocktail as the catalyst in the weapon, a potato could reach speeds previously unknown by spudkind, and more importantly, reasonably kill a man within a reasonable percentage of error. To increase the lethality, certain gangs place a sharpened length of rebar into the potato, with the point facing towards the target. other payloads can be substituted for the weapon, limited only by the creativity of the person using it.

Makeshift Assault Cannon
Uses assault rifle ranges

Damage: 8S with normal hairspray, 8P with PPDP hairspray.
Armor Penetration: -2, -4 with a dart potato payload.
Availibility: 10.
Cost: 500 Nuyen. Find a high schooler who takes woodshop class and ask them to make one for you, and you can pay him with parts for him to make two of them, one for him, one for you.

You guys figure out some other payloads for this thing, post them here, OK? Let me know how this worked out.

FuelDrop

• Omae
  • Popping stims, it's time to go to work.
« Reply #32 on: <10-15-12/2124:36> »
Hokay, I'm back! Only one weapon today for you guys, because I'm in a sort of creative slump these days. However, I have a feeling that it'll be popular with all you low-level runners, the ones slightly more respectable then your average ganger, but just starting out on the Shadowrunning circuit and learning the ropes, as well as you Pink-Mohawk types out there. The Aerosol Potato Bazooka, AKA the Spud Gun. As usual, you guys have to playtest this stuff out for yourselves.

Aerosol Potato Bazooka

Created by numerous troublemaking teenagers with a modiceum of technical skill, as well as a couple of low-level gangs, the Aerosol Potato Bazooka is more a tool for vandals and neo-punks to cause problems for corp security. Made primarily out of PVC piping, many varieties of launching a potato from it exist, though most lack the ability to fully utilize their payload in a lethal manner on a consistent basis (without the help of magic) until fairly recently, with the return of 2050's oversized eighties cyberpunk hair. As cosmetics raced further and further to get women's hair to look like something one would find at a petting zoo, the formula for hairspray became more and more complex and explosive, cultimating in Tres Chic Cosmetics coming out on top with their Power Plumage Double Plus hairspray, which could keep hair in place through soaking rain and heat of desert, as well as ignite under photography lights and cigarette embers. Using this intense cocktail as the catalyst in the weapon, a potato could reach speeds previously unknown by spudkind, and more importantly, reasonably kill a man within a reasonable percentage of error. To increase the lethality, certain gangs place a sharpened length of rebar into the potato, with the point facing towards the target. other payloads can be substituted for the weapon, limited only by the creativity of the person using it.

Makeshift Assault Cannon

Cost: 500 Nuyen. Find a high schooler who takes woodshop class and ask them to make one for you, and you can pay him with parts for him to make two of them, one for him, one for you.

You guys figure out some other payloads for this thing, post them here, OK? Let me know how this worked out.
use this to launch pretty much anything with a bit of foam or cardboard to help it fit snugly in the barrel. I'm thinking anything from a handful of nails (turning it into a flechette cannon) to grenades to lengths of chain to... well you get the idea.
"When in doubt, C4" - Mythbusters. As true in 2070 as when it was first spoken.

"You're wearing WHAT?" - Group reaction when our street sam walked into a meet wearing light military armour.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #33 on: <10-16-12/0039:07> »
best weapon ever:
Sword shaped stun baton.
Stats.
Now.
Why am I thinking of Dead Island now?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Lich

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <10-16-12/0105:41> »
Anyone mentioned using some of the larger, pack-fed water guns as flame throwers by attaching a zippo lighter to them and filling them with homemade napalm?

Wouldn't last long, is suicidely dangerous, but it would work.

FuelDrop

• Omae
  • Popping stims, it's time to go to work.
« Reply #35 on: <10-16-12/0114:41> »
One of our characters (Specifically the crazy redneck Jesus) makes his own pipe bombs then wraps them in nails and duct tapes them all together. We count them as frag grenades. He also lights and throws sticks of dynamite in place of HE grenades.
"When in doubt, C4" - Mythbusters. As true in 2070 as when it was first spoken.

"You're wearing WHAT?" - Group reaction when our street sam walked into a meet wearing light military armour.

Twitchy D

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <10-16-12/1009:29> »
One of our characters (Specifically the crazy redneck Jesus) makes his own pipe bombs then wraps them in nails and duct tapes them all together. We count them as frag grenades. He also lights and throws sticks of dynamite in place of HE grenades.

Have you ever considered putting little slivers of monowire and rocksalt in the pipe bombs?

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #37 on: <10-16-12/1242:21> »

Aerosol Potato Bazooka

Makeshift Assault Cannon

Only one problem: Anyone who can afford potatoes, much less waste them by using them as projectiles, doesn't live in the Barrens.

Edit: Oh it can shoot other things? Never mind!
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

Twitchy D

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <10-16-12/1410:22> »
Only one problem: Anyone who can afford potatoes, much less waste them by using them as projectiles, doesn't live in the Barrens.

Edit: Oh it can shoot other things? Never mind!

I think that the local Stuffer Shack has some Soy Fauxtatos that could work... The only thing that the megas can't do with soy substitutes is make them taste more like the substituted food, and less like soy that tastes funny. ;D
« Last Edit: <10-16-12/1449:26> by Twitchy D »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #39 on: <10-17-12/0012:37> »
Have you ever considered putting little slivers of monowire and rocksalt in the pipe bombs?
Nine-inch carpenter nails and duct tape.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Inconnu

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <10-17-12/1831:55> »
My GM suggested that the stunsword just get extra AP and stuff.
So that'd be
str/2+2P + 6Se
AP:0/(-Infinity if first hit deals P) or (1/2)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #41 on: <10-17-12/1845:02> »
No. Just no. Something that does physical damage, and then a bunch of stun on top of it is overpowered as all hell.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Inconnu

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <10-17-12/1858:32> »
ok, maybe take off the +2.

Twitchy D

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <10-17-12/1929:12> »
My GM suggested that the stunsword just get extra AP and stuff.
So that'd be
str/2+2P + 6Se
AP:0/(-Infinity if first hit deals P) or (1/2)

Hahaha. NO.

If this was a club-like weapon, maybe. But it wouldnt get +6 stun. +1 stun with an added effect of nausia (described statwise as a NONCULMATIVE penalty of -2 to attack and defense if the victim fails a body+armor roll for two or three rounds), yes, as I could refluff the weapon as a club with a vibrating head that curdles stomach acid and makes people vomit.

Continued in a moment...

RythmnSylver

• Newb
  • Chaos Gold
« Reply #44 on: <10-17-12/1943:35> »
This could just be me but whenever I think of Stunswords I can't help but thinking of a Sword with a blade that is more of a Trapezoid shaped then a Pentagram shaped,(see bottom of post), that would be used by Adrenaline Junky Teens who play LARP games. Of course one could easily make these lethal by upping the voltage or amp.
   _
 /   \                   /\
|     |                /    \
|     |               |      |

Yes i relize the stun sword example looks kinda like a bullet by still.
~'~~,~'~~,~~{@}~~'~~~,~'~~