NEWS

Run Faster Errata

• 288 Replies

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #285 on: <02-11-18/1808:17> »
Athames are listed as 'a new type of focus' on page 90, but don't have availability, cost, or a karma binding requirement. The Blood Thirst trait indicates that weapon foci can be used as athames. Is it then intended that an athame can be any kind of focus, or is it a unique form of weapon focus with the same requirements as standard?

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #286 on: <02-11-18/2107:33> »
An Athame is a specific kind of focus (it doesn't give the other benefits a weapon focus does), it only allows for the storing of blood points.  They aren't really intended to be available to players (Street Grimoire mentions them for NPCs, which is what the Blood Thirst imbued item trait is for too), which is why there's no information on them.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #287 on: <02-11-18/2206:22> »
Blood Thirst specifically says 'weapon foci used as athames' though; stacked foci aren't in 5E, so might it be some kind of modifier to an existing focus?

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #288 on: <02-12-18/0003:07> »
I recall hearing they had the same karma cost and nuyen price/availability as weapon foci, but I don't remember where I actually read that.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.