NEWS

[6e] Char Gen questions

• 35 Replies

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: <08-19-19/0156:01> »
My question involves the cost of purchasing additional Knowledge and Language skills beyond the initial free ones provided by Logic at chargen.
p. 66 Step Four. Spend Customization Karma
The points are spent on skill or attribute advancement, as well as additional funds to get those last gear pieces you might have missed or an additional quality (though the limit of six qualities still applies). See Character Advancement (p. 68) for the price of buying these advances.

Does it cost 3 Karma for each, as it does during play?
Each knowledge skill cost 3 Karma for each (as can be found from the Character Advancement Table on p. 68). Knowledge skills don't have levels. Either you have it or you don't.

As for language skills which have levels;
p. 67 Knowledge and Language skills
Characters can buy additional levels of Language skills as if it were an additional Knowledge skill, but only one Native-level Language skill is allowed.

Or does it cost 1 Karma each as active skills and attributes do?
Active skills and Attributes does not cost 1 Karma each(!)

Hephaestus

• Omae
  • "Milk Run" is a mighty weird way to spell TPK
« Reply #31 on: <08-19-19/1328:43> »
Or does it cost 1 Karma each as active skills and attributes do?

I think the disconnect may be between the points from the priority table and those bought afterwards. The base stats from the priority table are assigned at a 1:1 ratio, but all skill and attribute points gained through karma are purchased per the costs in the character advancement table (5 x level, per level, for each skill or attribute).

Icharbezol

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <08-19-19/1819:34> »

At character generation and coming from your priority selection, I am pretty sure that they are both bought on a 1:1 ratio. Sorry about using the word Karma, and causing confusion.

Thanks to the Forge-Lord for further clarification. The cost for improving with your 50 Karma is per the advancement chart, gotcha.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #33 on: <08-20-19/0028:54> »
Ah yeah when it comes to points you face a flat cost, with karma (which comes after) you face a rising cost at the same prices as in normal character advancement. Skills are one of the things explicitly mentioned as allowed with karma so knowledge skill should be fund at 3 karma each.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Catlord

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <09-04-19/1835:17> »
Can you Initiate during Char Gen?

sigfriedmcwild

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <09-04-19/1918:34> »
Not according to RAW

Quote from: p66
The points are spent on skill or attribute advancement, as well as additional funds to get those last gear pieces you might have missed or an additional quality