NEWS

Is Fo.rbidden Arcana Missions Authorized?

• 4 Replies

Solracd

• Newb
« on: <08-25-17/0932:03> »
I don't see an update to the FAQ but I think it is past the wait period.

Was it used at GENCON?

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <08-25-17/1101:01> »
According to Amazon the publish date is August 9, 2017 so that would mean it wouldn't be Missions legal until September 9.
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-25-17/1621:23> »
It was first made publicly available in print at GenCon, so the soonest it could be usable in Missions is a month after that (around Sept. 17th).

That said, the Missions FAQ committee has not been able to update the Missions FAQ recently, so it is not clear yet if the Forbidden Arcana book will be allowed in Missions at all.

Solracd

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <08-25-17/1712:52> »
Drat.

I was hoping it would be valid for DragonCon next week.

Is anyone from Catalyst gonna be there this year?

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #4 on: <08-26-17/1513:09> »
It was first made publicly available in print at GenCon, so the soonest it could be usable in Missions is a month after that (around Sept. 17th).

That said, the Missions FAQ committee has not been able to update the Missions FAQ recently, so it is not clear yet if the Forbidden Arcana book will be allowed in Missions at all.

The rule has generally been that a con release doesn't count as the street date because that's not a wide release.  It's 30 days after the official street date, which hasn't yet been announced, but usually a Gen Con advance release means a September street date.

I'd be surprised if the book were banned entirely, because it seems like the purpose of Missions is to push the SR line.  But there's a lot in FA that needs to be reviewed before it ought to be allowed anywhere near a Missions table.
« Last Edit: <08-26-17/1516:28> by Dr. Meatgrinder »
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)