NEWS

Queer subcultures of the Sixth World?

• 5 Replies

Skunkheart

• Newb
« on: <12-06-20/1135:57> »
I'm part of a queer community that (during non-CoVID times) holds gatherings on a piece of land in what would be southern Tir Tairngire, and I have often wondered what would become of them after the Awakening, with the balkanization of the continent (and the specific anti-racist/anti-colonialist violence involved with that balkanization).

But in a larger sense, I know very little about queer subcultures in the Sixth World.  I know (and have on my computer, both saved from back in the day and emailed to me many years later) that Steve Kenson wrote up something about Shadowrun queers WAY back in the day on his blog.  But has there been anything published about us in official material?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <12-06-20/1226:41> »
There's been bits of fiction here and there with queer characters, and Plan 9 is definitely non-binary (and beyond).

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <12-06-20/1604:18> »
RRW is very gay, even if he is having a hard time asking his boyfriend to marry him.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Sir Ludwig

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <12-06-20/2032:34> »
I agree on Plan 9.  Can Ray, who is RRW?

Regards,
SL

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <12-07-20/1141:33> »
RRW was originally a guest poster in Sim Dreams and Nightmares, as he is a dry addict for heroin.  He's now an official poster, but isn't on JackPoint often as he is a rather low-end 'runner and is on more local networks.  He operates out of Winnipeg, which means he is on the Canadian-centric Frozen Shadows network the most.  Despite having a good collection of cybernetics in his system (long story), he mostly operates low-end courier jobs (he's often the guy that picks up the MacGuffin and drops off the pay for 'runs, for example), and has the occasional big 'run as a wheelman to satisfy his need for speed.

In addition to Sim Dreams and Nightmares, he's been in Street Lethal, Cutting Black, and the Krime Katalog.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Sir Ludwig

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <12-08-20/1309:34> »
Thanks CanRay!

Enjoy the JackPoint stuff, can't believe I missed that.  I believe my mind was having a problem with it because a player use to have a Hacker that was called DDR (Dance Dance Revolution).  He played the the character well....we all hated the character. 

Thanks again for the info.
SL