• 20 Replies

Grendel

• Newb

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #1 on: <12-03-10/1802:52> »
Read about 'em over on Glocktalk, too (no surprise there, really) -- I'll like 'em a lot more when the $35,000 price tag per weapon goes down some, and when we see how they hold up in deserts, mountains, etc, with all those fancy electronics and potential points of failure.  The buddies I have that have seen them tested first hand were quite impressed with what they saw, but I'm not gonna be too crazy about 'em until we can afford 'em, and we know they won't break and turn a unit's grenadier into an unarmed man in the middle of a firefight.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <12-04-10/1022:45> »
IT MUST BE MINE!! 
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <12-04-10/1059:24> »
Something cool to stat out and pimp for 2072.
It's a grenade launcher with smartlink and airburst link.
Enfield GL-67 from Arsenal is pretty much this with a 20 round drum mag.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <12-04-10/1350:37> »
But it's REAL, and not something that only exists in the imaginations of the players of a near future dystopian cyberpunk/fantasy game.

In every day, in every way, this world becomes more and more like Shadowrun.
There is no overkill.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #5 on: <12-07-10/0159:04> »
But it's REAL, and not something that only exists in the imaginations of the players of a near future dystopian cyberpunk/fantasy game.

In every day, in every way, this world becomes more and more like Shadowrun.

Beginnings or first generations of:
-Cybernetics, check!
-Drones, mega check!
-"Smart" weapons, check!
-Full immersion VR, check!
-Real Magic, dangit!

Four out of five aint bad!

But I agree about the weapon, looks good, but can it perform? But at least its a start. The thing with any new tech is getting it to work, period. Refinement comes later.

Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <12-07-10/0226:33> »
One more year: 5 out of 5. Fingers crossed chummers ;)
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <12-07-10/0245:18> »
What you guys may not know is that the XM25 is just the first part of an entire weapon system that is slowly being developed and fielded along the same lines as the HK XM30  (hmmm sounds like someone got the specs while in development :) )  The whole system is supposed to be incredibly lightweight and never needs to be zeroed.

I was watching this system develop the entire time I was in uniform, glad to see it is finally getting fielded.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #8 on: <12-08-10/2115:37> »
One more year: 5 out of 5. Fingers crossed chummers ;)

Hopefully withOUT the volcanic erruptions, earthqukes, death and destruction....

Oh who am I kidding.

::)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #9 on: <12-09-10/0040:19> »
I'm german, so that doesn't bother me much. There'll be some serious Dragon involving firefights, but even those will be far away. Only thing I have to worry about is the awakening of the concentration camp of Dachau... thats like right around the corner from here :/

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #10 on: <12-09-10/0534:21> »
What about the Black Tide? Well, i live in Poland, near Gdańsk, so a Black Tide leftrovers would be a pain. Especially since i live half a meter below the sea level.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #11 on: <12-09-10/0609:23> »
So looking over the ammo, I notice two types of non-lethal. First is the blunt tip, essentially a grenade sized rubber bullet. OUCH!
The airburst one makes me wonder, though. Is that an airbursting flashbang? Seems like it'd be very difficult to do an air burst to fire off rubber pellets.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #12 on: <12-09-10/0706:01> »
What about the Black Tide? Well, i live in Poland, near Gdańsk, so a Black Tide leftrovers would be a pain. Especially since i live half a meter below the sea level.

I live near munich, if the sea rises THIS far up, I'll have worse problems than Dachau ;D

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #13 on: <12-09-10/0804:28> »
So looking over the ammo, I notice two types of non-lethal. First is the blunt tip, essentially a grenade sized rubber bullet. OUCH!
You mean a 25mm rubber bullet to the head isn't lethal? Trauma is as deadly, as gunshot wounds. And i wouldn't like to get shot with one of these in the chest - it would break a few ribs at the least. And that's not a pleasant condition, i assure you. :D
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <12-09-10/0917:35> »
They aren't "non-lethal," regardless of what the link says.  Many folks nowadays are starting to call them "less-than-lethal" because they are less likely to kill the target, and not guaranteed to only incapacitate instead of kill.

I agree, I don't want to be shot by one, either.
There is no overkill.