NEWS

IC Auburn: Logrolling

• 699 Replies

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #690 on: <01-26-14/0053:49> »
The withering look the sprite gave him made Fang flush. He was going about this the wrong way, and the sprite wanted him to know it. @Aveline: Okay fine. I'll defuse them, can you keep me safe while I do so?

The sprite looked much more approving of that . Fang sighed, gathering Resonance into a new form. One perfectly suited towards handling the minefield. He didn't do it often, but sometimes it was necessary.

[spoiler]Seeing as I've been forgetting the sustaining, let's assume I stopped sustaining.

Threading Defuse: Resonance (8) + Software (4) + Analytical Mind (2) (14d6.hits(5)=1)
No. Take 0.
Resonance (8) + Software (4) + Analytical Mind (2) (14d6.hits(5)=5)
Much better. Take 5.

Fading DV: 5S
Fading Resist: Resonance (8) + Intuition (6) (14d6.hits(5)=5)
Fading MDV: 0S

Issue Command: Castling

Aveline Action: Castling on Fang

Defuse Data Bomb: Hacking (6) + Defuse (5) + HotSim (2) (13d6.hits(5)=4)[/spoiler]
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #691 on: <01-26-14/1235:31> »
8d6.hits(5)=3

One defused, one to go...

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #692 on: <01-26-14/1255:05> »
Fang looked at the other bomb and gulped nervously before sending threads of Resonance towards it in order to defuse it. Aveline remained nearby, ready to give protection in case the bomb detonated, and to snicker at his nervous behaviour.

I get no respect... Fang thought gloomily as he focused the strands, channeling more and more at the bomb until it was practically immersed in Resonance.

[spoiler]Defuse: Hacking (6) + Defuse (5) + HotSim (2) (13d6.hits(5)=8)

o.o I think I might have defused it...[/spoiler]
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #693 on: <01-26-14/1422:29> »
Security systems of the building are completely under Fangs controll. He was able to defuse second databomb in no time and console surrenders to his will. It took about 6 seconds to achieve this, and Fang is able to give infiltration team greenlight to move freely and provide them with informations and feed from security systems. It is possible to establish tacnet once again.

Two ways up to 5th level:
Elevator
Stairway

Fang has access to elevator camera, well he is not able to take controll over it or any other piece infrastructure (pipes, electric lines etc), nor does he have control or access to buildings communication system.

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #694 on: <01-26-14/1605:15> »
@Team: I have vision, but not control. That would require direct access to the master node of the building. Also cannot control communications from here.

He thanked Aveline and let her retire back into the Resonance. He wanted a new friend for this task. Navi was all well and good, but he needed someone else's skillset. He cast his invitation into the Resonance for a sprite whose activities went to the baseline of code itself. A sprite grudgingly responded to the request, taking form as a white wolf with odd red markings and a shield on its back. It sat, waiting for a request.

@Amaterasu: Would you remove <image of Sylvia>, <image of Bulldog>, <image of Judah> from any of the recordings in this node cluster?

[spoiler]Stop sustaining Defuse

Compile Sprite - Code sprite R6 (Corrupt, Scan): Compiling (6) + Resonance (8) + Hotsim (2) + Paragon (1) (17d6.hits(5)=3)
Rating (6) (6d6.hits(5)=2)

1 task. Ouch.

Fading DV: 4S
Fading Resist: Intuition (6) + Resonance (8) (14d6.hits(5)=3)
Fading MDV: 1S
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #695 on: <01-27-14/0503:13> »
Bulldog smirked contentedly. ”Good job, Fang, now give us a visual from the two staircases and the target level. Also, can you determine where we need to go for you to take over control? And if it is possible, restore the TacNet, we need every advantage we can get.” Restlessness started to overwhelm him, so he calmed himself with a few deep breaths. So far they didn’t encounter any crisis in this op, but they had to be ready. There was almost always a point where plans fell apart, and contingencies or improvisation had to take their place. Stop fidgeting, maggots! He smirked again, as he heard his drill sergeant’s voice almost clearly in his head, and waited for Fang’s intel patiently.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #696 on: <01-27-14/1253:16> »
@Team: "Give me a few more seconds, I'll see if I can do something about communications."

Fang looked at the node connection through to the master node, allowing Resonance to veil his vision with any and all information he could clean of it.

[spoiler]Matrix Perception test on Master Node: Analyze (8) + Computer (4) + HotSim (2) + Technomancer (2) - Wounds (1) (15d6.hits(5)=6)
1. Data Bomb Y/N
2. Encryption Y/N
3. Are any Resonance Trails familiar?
4. Alert status[/spoiler]
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #697 on: <01-27-14/1308:42> »
1) no bombs
2) no encryption
3) Astral signature present. In fact it is the sam that you have seen on some of security consoles in your node...(lobby, 5th floor, perimeter and building sensors)
4) no alert
5) IC resident
6) Technomancer present in the node

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #698 on: <01-27-14/1333:59> »
Drek... This is going to be difficult. Time to push myself to my limits... Fang channeled large amounts of Resonance into himself, in an attempt to  become effectively invisible and capable of tearing through any firewall. It took some time, but he eventually felt ready and began to send powered threads of Resonance into the firewall of the master node, seeking a weak point to enter through.

[spoiler]Threading Stealth: Three attempts I took zero successes (one IP). Then this.
Computer (4) + Resonance (8) + Analytical Mind (2) - Wounds (1) (13d6.hits(5)=6)
Take 6 successes.

Fading DV: 6S
Fade Resist: Intuition (6) + Resonance (8) (14d6.hits(5)=6)

Stealth: 14

Threading Exploit: 9 attempts I took zero successes (3 IPs). Then this.
Computer (4) + Resonance (8) + Analytical Mind (2) - Wounds (1) - sustaining (2) (11d6.hits(5)=4)
Take 4 successes

Fading DV: 4S
Fading Resist: Intuition (6) + Resonance (8) (14d6.hits(5)=7)

-

Hacking on the Fly (admin): Hacking (6) + Exploit Spec (2) + Exploit (12) + Hotsim (2) - Sustaining (2) - Wounds (1) (19d6.hits(5)=10) (10/?, Firewalls 1-4 breached)
Hacking (6) + Exploit Spec (2) + Exploit (12) + Hotsim (2) - Sustaining (2) - Wounds (1) (19d6.hits(5)=5) (15/?, Firewalls 5-9 beached)
Hacking (6) + Exploit Spec (2) + Exploit (12) + Hotsim (2) - Sustaining (2) - Wounds (1) (19d6.hits(5)=4) (19/?, Firewalls 10-13 breached)[/spoiler]
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #699 on: <01-27-14/1513:56> »
Shadow was waiting for Fang to do his part so they could move on.  It was difficult, but her record was twelve hours in a ditch before she had a sufficient amount of time between two guards to move on.  But that didn't mean she liked it.  For now she kept silent, letting him do his job without extra distractions.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"