NEWS

IC: The Old Smoke CH2: Raiden, Lumen + Scawire

• 550 Replies

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« on: <07-09-13/1520:52> »
_____________Lumen_____________
It'd taken nearly 3 weeks to get all the glass and buckshot out of your shoulder, but at least you'd got out of it better than poor Johnny. He wouldn't be walking anytime soon.
Things had gotten far too hot in the old smoke, your scuffle with Micky had ignited a series of border clashes, escalating in size from slashing tires to smashing up the opposing watering holes.
It had gotten so bad, even the boys in blue had come knocking.
In their infinite wisdom, Micky and Johnny has decided to get you out of the way for a couple of weeks while stuff calmed down in the capital. "You were the fuckwit who started it all" was their reasoning.
You'd been posted out in Kent as a glorified guard dog, keeping an eye on a shitty old warehouse no one had cared about in years as your punishment, with barely a local pub and a post office within 10 minutes walk.
Now, they'd decided to ship you back into the capital for a job.
Things might be looking up after all.
The meet was in Islington, a classy establishment called "Pave" in central london, two minutes from the tube stop at 10.30pm, giving you just over an hour to get your shit together and get to the meet..
« Last Edit: <07-10-13/0638:44> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #1 on: <07-09-13/1632:51> »
________Scawire___________
You'd been resting up for way too long. You were getting twitchy watching the same old trids over and over again, waiting for your busted rib to fix up.
The docs had done a good job at patching you up, though your left leg was going to bare the mark of those railings for the rest of your life.
Your right shoulder had taken a hell of a knock during the crash and it's dislocation had taken a few weeks of physio to get somewhere near as strong as it used to be.
At least your bike was in good 'nick insurance money had covered the repairs no bother, and a mate of a mate had done you a deal on the spares meaning you could have a beer or two to celebrate completing the job.
The coppers had been a different question though, they could smell something wasn't right, kept poking and poking. Thankfully everyone just kept to their side of the bargain. No one squeaked and all you took was 3 penalty points on your license and a 150NY fine.

The bills were starting to pile up and you'd not worked in a while, but your good buddy had been kind enough to get you a meet for tonight, something to do with a lead from the previous job.
You'd got a couple of hours to burn till the 10.30pm deadline, but you had to get across the city and the northern line wasn't running. You'd have to make your own way tonight.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #2 on: <07-09-13/2329:01> »
*Fuckwit they say?  I'm not the one that started the fight I was just doing my bloody job.*  Either way it didn't matter how much Knives argued he was stuck with a drek job in a drek part of town for weeks but at least it allowed him proper time to recover.

Finally back in his flat Knives was grateful to be home and with some real work on the horizon he was itching to get back to it.  He talks to himself as he prepares for the coming evening, "Right mate time to get back in the groove.  It's a right fancy joint so we'll leave the boys at home.  I could probably get away with the ceramics long as they're hidden well."  He takes a few minutes to stretch especially the freshly healed shoulder then it's time to suit up.  First the PPP protector and guards, the form fitting body suit before finally his normal attire.  A fairly plain black suit, white shirt, black tie and to top it all of and fight off the chill and rain his Moritmer Greatcoat.  Before tightening the belt around it Knives tucks two ceramic knives away hiding them from prying eyes.

[spoiler]
Palming 3 + Agility 6 = 9d6
9d6.hits(5)=4
Not too shabby! IIRC between the knife and the greatcoat should be at -4 to Perception checks to find the blades.
[/spoiler]

Once he's confident the blades are concealed he heads out the door grabbing his com and glasses off the table on the way.  Deciding not to take the bike out Knives hoofs it to the tube stop, hoping to make it in time to grab a pint at this fancy place before business.  After lighting a smoke he thumbs around on his com making sure his agent is running and monitoring his PAN, also making sure his fake SIN (Charles Rutherford) was loaded and of course Mr. Rutherford's license for the tricked out shades.
« Last Edit: <07-10-13/0743:12> by Lumen »
"Everything that is, casts a shadow" -Neil Gaiman.
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>
Knives Chapter 4 (5th edition) OOC: Pg 93.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #3 on: <07-10-13/0700:16> »
The night is a drizzly dreary affair, making you more than glad for the greatcoat's protection from the elements.
You cross the street and head head down the steps to the platform, your AR feed assuring you of a suitable train arriving in the next 30 seconds.
As you arrive at the platform, a train pulls away, sucking the air along with it and tugging at the lapels of your jacket.
A motley selection of ragtag folk stand around on the platform, clearly not bothered about catching a train this evening.
To your left, the platform runs for about 20 metres, where what you assume to be a homeless ork has made a den and is quite enjoying whatever it is he is drinking, muttering quietly to the bottle.
To your right, the platform runs for about 30 metres and a group of hooded youths sporting glowing nano-tattoos are huddled half way down, laughing and taking the piss out of one another.
Your attention turns to the AR paint on the far side of the tracks, your commlink hooking up to it's feed and displaying the BBC news at 10.

Good evening, more trouble in the capital tonight {display changes to trideo of smashed up cars outside a badly fire damaged restaurant} as more property vandalised in a seemingly relentless campaign of violence in the east end. The Lord Protectors office has issued a joint statement with the head of the Metropolitan Police, Sir Michael Moore denouncing the violence and promising harsh penalties for those responsible
A rush of air and the clattering of the steel tracks belies the approaching train and your AR feed re-syncs with the Transport for London feed, debiting Mr Rutherford's account and thanking him for his custom.
Please change at: Waterloo, for the Northern Line. Destination: Angel for Islington and Renraku Arcology
The graffiti covered ancient train clatters to a halt in front of you and one door partly opens. The group of lads enter the carriage from it's topmost entrance and stand around it.

//Incoming Message::JohnnyBoy<<Mate, got an update on that job for you. table is reserved at "Pave" for four people under the name "Smith". Looks like it's something to do with that warehouse job. Micky said you were asked for by name. He says you're free to work on "other projects" until he needs you. Sounds like you're still in the doghouse mate :-D. Catch you for a beer later in the week eh?

« Last Edit: <07-10-13/0713:57> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #4 on: <07-10-13/0709:29> »
________Raiden____________
Work hadn't been too regular in the couple of weeks since your little white-hat job at the warehouse and you were glad once the message from Reymond

//Incoming Message:: Reymondo_922<<You must have done well kiddo, got another job for you. They asked for you by name! Middleman said it was a request based on your experience with the Warehouse systems. I've got you a meet tonight, sorry for the short notice. It's at "Pave" in Islington, 10.30. Guy's known as "Smith" and has a table reserved for four people. That's the nice end of town, so don't fuck it up ok? :-)

A brief check of the 'Trix shows you its only a couple of minutes walk from the "Angel" tube station, which gives you about an hour to get sorted out and make your way over there with a bit of time to spare.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #5 on: <07-10-13/0833:54> »
Knives eyes the homeless ork and the kids on the platform before turning his attention to the nightly news.  *Bloody hell, guess those blokes weren't exaggerating.  Seems to have gotten pretty bad while I has stuck in Kent.*  He chuckles at the promise of the Head of Met, *You'll have to find me first ya wanker.*

Stepping onto the train Knives opens up the message from Johnny and begins to type out a responce.  //Quick Reply::P0cketNife <Oi mate thanks for the update.  Dunno how I feel about this being tied to that mess of drek and being asked for by name.  It wasn't my finest hour you understand.  Honestly at this point I'm just glad to be home doghouse or not.  I'll ring you back once I know when I'm free but yea mate we'll meet for beers.  First round is on me.>

*Now that I've got a name let's see what the word on the Trix is bout this place.*

[spoiler]
Having my agent browse for any more info on "Pave"
Browse 4 + Agent Rating 4 = 8d6
8d6.hits(5)=3
[/spoiler]

After skimming through the info pulled up by his agent Knives closes the display and sets an alert to sound once he's reached his stop.  Shoving the com back in his pocket Knives leans up against a handrail and scans his fellow passengers, not looking for anything in particular just making sure to keep his eyes open.
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #6 on: <07-10-13/0944:39> »
The train groans under the power of its ancient electric motors and enters the tunnel, killing your connection before the agent's search could complete.
//AGENT::connection lost//review incomplete results?//

The ork continues muttering to his bottle as the train pulls away. The group of lads however are eyeing up the sparsely populated carriage.
It's only a matter of time before they spot you, the only one in here wearing a suit, tie and expensive fashionable coat.
One mouthy little bastard, hood up and glowering at you, nods to his mates to alert them to your presence.
They all begin to stare at you, and mouth 1 pipes up:
“Oi suit wanker, where you off to? All dressed up for the ball? <Mocking tone>”
Apparently this fucker is the funny one of the group, his mates crack up and egg him on...
« Last Edit: <07-10-13/0956:53> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #7 on: <07-10-13/1043:23> »
He shakes his head and dismisses the message from his agent just in time to see the young punks staring at him. *You've got to be fragging kidding me.  Do I have a hidden RFID broadcasting 'Fuck with me' across my damned face?*

Knives straightens up and barks back, "Oi hoodie twat, I'm off to meet your mum for a snog!  Should I send your regards?   Now piss off and get your jollies somewhere safer."   He stares down the loud mouthed one trying to see if he can distinguish any weapons under that sweater in case then went south.

[Spoiler]
Perception 4 + Intuition 3 + Enhancement 3 + Actively Looking 3 = 13d6
13d6.hits(5)=5
[/spoiler]
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <07-10-13/1122:16> »
*hmm fancy place maybe I'll be able to cash in on this job..*]
Hax grabs some of his nicer looking clothes before throwing the great coat over them.
<heh you know me, they love me down there now. Thanks for the info ray your a huge help. I'll head on down and no worries since when do frag up eh?. he hops on his bike and makes his way on down
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Scawire

• Ace Runner
  • FightFightFight the endless Ninja Battle
« Reply #9 on: <07-10-13/1258:18> »
Mantis was very sore from his last run, he should do his best not to think he is a skilled rigger that might be a lesson that will save his life later down the road. As Mantis was surfing the Trix in AR he got his message about a new job. "Well best to have a spirit locked to me this time I might get into the heat of it again and need a bit more back up. Maybe this time I'll bind a spirit that has a spell to hide me." As these thoughts went through Mantis's head he stated grabbing supplies to get the most punch out of his summoning. First he went  over to a shelf that housed a few of his magical ingredients, Mantis took down a small glass jar that housed small packets of a strange powder. This powder had cost Mantis a pretty penny but today before the run he was going to do his best to have the powder pay for itself. Taking a packet of Wudu'aku added it to a green tea to kill any bad taste then drank the mixture. With in seconds the drug started it's path through Mantis's body. Best not to waste the edge.

With the Wudu'aku racing in Mantis's body he starts getting his binding material ready first was to summon then bind this spirit. Once the materials are all ready for the binding of the spirit Mantis stretches out his will power and calls forth a spirit of a man. He can feel the power of the Spirit pulling against his will to show up but in the end the Spirit arrives and gives his name to be called by to Mantis. You may call me  Greg of the Walkers or just Greg.

With Greg now summoned Mantis wastes no time and moves into Binding him. First Mantis clears his one chair out of the area and draws a white circle on the ground with chalk made with the egg shell and silver flakes. Once he has the circle completed he draws a second circle inside of the first in between the two circles Mantis scribes symbols that are used to link his body mind and soul to the ritual triangle and what ever is inside of it. With the first of the two hermetic symbols finishes he draws two lines from the circle to the second symbol a triangle. This time he uses yellow chalk that has rare yellow egg shells and gold flakes encased in the chalk. After two triangles are drawn he scribes more hermetic symbols in between the two triangles in order to link the spirit in the triangle to the mage standing in the circle. Now on the four corners of the circle Mantis places a bowl of water, a bowl of earth, a bowl of burning fire and a bowl of burning incense. After this he lights 3 candles at the tips of the triangle then stands inside the circle and has Greg of the Walkers join him in the triangle. Mantis calls forth the mana of the area to infuse with the symbols, once all the symbols are glowing with mana Mantis directs the mana to reach out and start the linking of the two spirits Mantis and Greg. The ritual takes 3 hours and at the end Mantis feels the power of Greg wash over him, unable to resist all of the power Greg sends his way Mantis stumbles and fails at binding Greg. Not wanting to lose the effect of the Wudu'aku he quickly does the same ritual all over again............
...........Again he fails in the binding. No more time and already wasting of one does of drugs and 2 sets of binding material Mantis gives up and gets ready for his meeting. As if having a bruised body was bad he was just chumped by Greg who at sun down leaves Mantis kicking himself.

Mantis was going to do a check on the location and find out what kind of cloths to wear but he just doesn't care anymore. Mantis puts on his bike armor throws in his pocket his gear ( Pocket Library, 2 psyche, 20 snuff, 4 stim patches, lockpick set and comm link) his larger gear he puts in his back pack, (medkit, survival kit, talislegger kit, tool kit, and one of his drones) with his gear ready and all armored up Mantis grabs his matrix gear (Goggles, earbuds, ar gloves trodes and subvocal mic). Growling as he leaves his appartment he heads into the parking garage and gets on his bike and heads to the meeting. This had better be worth itself in nuyen or I'm going to have to remodel a wall when I get back to my place.

[spoiler]
ROLLS

#1 Time Wudu'aku lasts (1d6 + ess (5) to max 12 hours)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4125108/ = 3 (Total 8 hours)

#2 Summoning Force 3 Spirit of Man w/ Imp Invisibility spell

Summoning (man) 3 (5) + Magic 3 + Wudu'aku 2 = 10
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4125113/ 3 hits
VS
Force 3
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4125116/ 1 hit

Net Hits 2

Drain min 2
Logic 7 + Will 5 + Daredrenaline 1 = 13
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4125118/ 7 hits no drain

# 3 Binding Force 3 Spirit of Mant

Binding (man) 4 (6) + magic 3 + Wudu'aku 2 = 11
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4125119/ 3 hits
VS
Force X 2 = 6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4125120/ 3 hits not bound

#4 Bind attempt 2 (last attempt no more time after this)
Binding (man) 4 (6) + magic 3 + Wudu'aku 2 = 11
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4125121/ 2 hits
VS
Force X 2 = 6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4125122/2 hits
No net hits no binding.

OPPS Drain for the two Bindings
Hits X 2 = 6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4125123/ 3 hits 3 stun

Hits X 2 = 4
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4125124/ 9 hits no drain

3 Drain , Spirit has disapeared at sun down, spent 2 binding materials and 1 Wudu'aku the dice roller hates Mantis Not me I do good with other characters, just not Mantis
[/spoiler]

Edited added that he has a drone with him too.
« Last Edit: <07-10-13/1301:09> by Scawire »
Words,Thoughts,Matrix,Astral

Magic uses higher laws to over come lower laws.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #10 on: <07-10-13/1520:54> »
_____Lumen________
The lads laugh at the mouthy one,
"oooo burned!!"
"hahaha, dickhead, you gonna let him speak to you like that?"

You get the impression that the mouthy one is the new kid, out to prove himself the older lads.
He pulls his hood down further, puffs his chest out and walks down the carriage toward you, clearly trying to intimidate you.
[spoiler]resist intimidation (3) int 3, cha 3 (6d6.hits(5)=3)[/spoiler]

_________Scawire______________
Your attempts to bind greg are easily resisted, each time Greg becoming more furious at your attempts to bind him to your service
"you fool, do you think I am your slave? just here to do your bidding at a click of your fingers? screw you. I'll work the barebones of my service and no more"
With the drug in your system, you feel your power wax and wane slightly, that not-quite-drunk feeling imbuing you with a little confidence but not impeding your reactions fully.
Hopping into your bike racing gear and stuffing your kit into your backpack, you descend the stairs and kickstart your bike into action.
As the garage door slowly opens and releases you into the night, you're glad you didnt dress up for the occasion, a grim cold and drizzly night makes motorbike riding a bit miserable; Lorries and cars alike ripping water off the road surface and deluging your visor with spray.
You make it over the newly reinforced tower bridge and into central london without any issues, but traffic slows as you approach upper street.
This is a much swankier side of town, as you pass the theatres and glitzy restaurants you catch a glimpse of how the other half live, the westwind turbo's a relatively common sight in the few minutes you've spent here so far. The arcology lights reflected in the gleaming new paintwork on their sleek bodies, broken up by streaks of rain.
Seeing the crowd around here makes you suddenly feel incredibly under-dressed and this only gets worse when you start seeing signs for "Mandatory SiN broadcasting zone" on the street signs.
You are a few minutes away from your destination when gridguide helpfully chirps up:
//Gridguide v3.7.12//"Your destination is on a pedestrianised zone. please follow the marked route for official parking facilities nearby"//
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #11 on: <07-10-13/1604:15> »
[Spoiler]
No way in hell I'm letting this kid intimidate me.  Spending edge.
Willpower 5 + Edge 3 - 1 Defaulting = 7d6
7d6.hitsopen(5,6)=0
Somehow I blame Scawire for sharing his luck.
[/Spoiler]

Just as Knives was about to laugh this little shit off the train a decade of smoking decided now was the time to strike.  Instead of any witty retort his only response was a coughing fit.  Being barely able to breathe Knives had no choice but to back off and take a seat.
« Last Edit: <07-10-13/1750:17> by Lumen »
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

Scawire

• Ace Runner
  • FightFightFight the endless Ninja Battle
« Reply #12 on: <07-10-13/1626:31> »
Mantis parks his bike, once off his bike he sees he still has a bit of time so he pulls up an AR of the local news for a quick once over then heads for a data haven to sneak a peek at any info the normal haven's have on the topic of magic. Mantis does his best to always keep in the loop of any magical happenings so now that he has a bit of spare time to walk to the meet he does so well getting all the downloaded info on magic he can get.

With his fake SIN broadcasting and his mind soaking in all the data havens have to offer he takes off his helmet holds it under his arm lights up one of his smoke-able snuff cigs he has with him. I have a stupid head ack since that Greg just didn't want to join the cause well I wounder how much worst this day is going to get. Mantis inhales on his snuff cig as he hopes it will give him a little break from his head ack, which it does calm for a little bit.
Words,Thoughts,Matrix,Astral

Magic uses higher laws to over come lower laws.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #13 on: <07-10-13/1727:29> »
_________Raiden_______________

The garage door swings open as you ease open the throttle and coast out onto the street, looking for a gap in the traffic. To your left across the street you see the familiar sight of the philipino woman, running away from the apartment and in hot pursuit, the man you assume to be the husband. you open the throttle and pull out into your gap just as the man catches up to the woman, shoving her to the ground and screaming at her.
In your mirrors you see him drag her along the ground, back towards their apartments.
All the lights in the neighbourhood are on, all these upper working class dickheads getting their fill of domestic bliss for free at her expense.

The journey is relatively short and boring, gridguide dropping you in at a public car park a short walk from the restaurant you're meeting at.
An AR notice lights up your feed, demanding you broadcast a valid SiN at all times as you dismount, zipping your coat up against the stiff autumn drizzle and wind.
The car park was so clean and shiny you could easily have eaten your breakfast off the floor. The sheer number of expensive cars parked up belied how nice this end of town is, you'd better keep your nose clean and out of trouble.
The main strip was pleasantly laid out with glitzy bars, restaurants and designer boutiques lining each side of the pedestrianised street.
[spoiler][/spoiler]Perception test please
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #14 on: <07-10-13/1740:58> »
______Lumen_________
The kid looks nasty, something vicious in his eyes belies his intent to prove his worth to the older gangers.
Instinctively you back off a touch as he approaches you.
"yeah you better sit back down you little fuck. Mess with us and you'll get your head fucking head kicked in"

Point proven, the mouthy bastard moved back over to his mates, who were still glowering at you as you retake your seat.
The rest of the journey passes by fairly uneventfully, except for the icy stares from the gangers. You arrive back out into the cool of the autumn air and walk the short distance to the pedestrianised zone, easily passing for a native in your high end threads.

Smart shops and bars line the route up to your destination, the passing traffic of a significantly higher calibre than in your end of town.
You see the joint, Pave, up ahead. on the other side of a police patrol.
There are two coppers, and a rotordrone in support. Going past them is gonna mean a SiN scan, but going around them is gonna cost you time...
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor