NEWS

Sybil virus: Clues and wild speculations

• 626 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #105 on: <06-08-13/0832:15> »
Maybe, maybe not. TM were introduced as part of plots, in some ways. Shedim too, and while they are not as much active, they did not faded completely, or am I wrong?

Now that is one thing I was really currious about. Do they get lost completely after Dulkezahns Rift being closed? Or they remained, since Astral Gateway power gives Master Shedims option to summon further vanguards of this type into our plane???

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #106 on: <06-08-13/1551:15> »
Those that were already around continue to exist, but the Astral Gateway power doesn't work for Master Shedim to summon more of them.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #107 on: <06-08-13/1602:08> »
Ahh...so no more Astral Gateway to Shedim metaplane? Thats sad  :'( it was my favourite "cinematics" and vilain. Well since team participates on Artifacts campaign, and since they have personal grudge against Shedims since their first run, surviving Unbound they may consider their victory. Good to know. Thx for info

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #108 on: <06-08-13/1836:22> »
Note that just because the doorways sealed up, doesn't mean they're gone.  They're just a bit more rare.

Bull

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #109 on: <06-08-13/1838:05> »
Note that just because the doorways sealed up, doesn't mean they're gone.  They're just a bit more rare.

Bull

I understand. There is still a few of them to hunt. In Kongo, perhaps. Or some undead pirates... ;)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #110 on: <06-08-13/1904:54> »
Or Ibn Eisa, who is still lurking on the shadows and has been eerily silent.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #111 on: <06-08-13/1945:18> »
Yep.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #112 on: <06-08-13/2130:34> »

Bull
I like 'em Medium-Rare.  ;)
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« Reply #113 on: <06-08-13/2152:00> »
From a scientific perspective, the Rift was pretty much the primary gate just because of how stable it was. Essentially an unbreakable Quantum Entangled portal. Now all they have go on for keeping up numbers are however they breed(if they do that is), or forcing the creation of less stable gates to bring in others.

I wonder if they do reproduce. Probably in a really grotesque fashion.

Dragonslayer

• Chummer
« Reply #114 on: <06-08-13/2305:56> »

Bull

The Shedim are easily startled, but will be back in greater numbers.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #115 on: <06-08-13/2311:00> »
Actually, my read on it is that with the Rift closed it is presently utterly impossible (without some serious goings on to change circumstances) to get to their home metaplane from Earth at all.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Dragonslayer

• Chummer
« Reply #116 on: <06-09-13/0126:30> »
It's a sad day when a classic Star Wars quote goes unnoticed.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #117 on: <06-09-13/0128:05> »
Actually, my read on it is that with the Rift closed it is presently utterly impossible (without some serious goings on to change circumstances) to get to their home metaplane from Earth at all.
I also believe that this is the case.  That said, you can never predict what the future may hold...
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #118 on: <06-09-13/0130:04> »
There are always exceptions. There's an artifact one of the Season 4 Missions that, when used in the proper way at the proper time, opens a gateway to the Shedim's home plane. It's entirely possible there are other such artifacts in existance.

However, they can;t travel freely anymore, and it will be very rare and unusual if any more show up (if at all).

Boomstick

• Chummer
  • Jack of all trades
« Reply #119 on: <06-09-13/1126:52> »
I suggest that we open another thread for this Shedim topic, which is not really related to Sybil virus. Actually, there would be a lot to say about the things noticed before about ADA and the difference engine. And that folk with a mantis profile photo on his twitter. But my knowledge is pretty limited regarding recent events.
"A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally."
Oscar Wilde

Great Dragon: "Oh, look, he has a grenade belt. I guess it is time to retire quickly".
The more it changes, the more it is not the same  any more...:P