NEWS

Rigger 5 Errata

• 357 Replies

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #300 on: <09-30-16/1104:56> »
OK so which prices should I be using? the ones from the german rule book or the 800*MP formula? personally the prices from the German book seem more reasonable, using 800*mp means it  to mount a weapon mount large enough for a assault rifle costs 4000. it only cost 1500 to mount a assault rifle to a vehicle .

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #301 on: <09-30-16/1745:17> »

@ Thresholds
For every upgrade to a drone you need to pass a relevant skill+Logic [mental] (4, 1 hour) test

@ Prices
Well, I know which ones I use - the ones who have actually been published in a rule book  ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

solracdes

• Newb
« Reply #302 on: <10-01-16/0931:48> »
So where does one acquire all these excellent individual errata points in a consolidated file?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #304 on: <10-04-16/0013:42> »
Looks like it got squeezed out by the Pilot chart. Something else for teh errata.

(From the original writing)
The Pilot program determines the Rating of the drone as a whole, serves as the primary source of attributes for skill tests, serves as a cap on the highest rating Autosoft the drone can run, and more. Is there any reason that it’s in such high demand? Civilian Pilot programs are generally rating 2 (or, rarely, 1), restricted security Pilots are 3-4, while military-grade Pilots (5-6) are forbidden for general use. Cost and availability is shown on the chart below:

RATING   AVAIL   COST
1      4   100$
2      -   400$
3      8R   1800$
4      12R   3200$
5      16F   10,000$
6      24F   20,000$

(Due to advancements in Pilot programs, a Pilot may now operate as many Autosofts as its Rating, rather than half its Rating (rounded up) as per SR5. )

I had to go check to find that out! I was *wondering* why no one was talking about this! It's an important thing!

OK so just to make sure  the number of programs a drone can run is equal to its pilot rating ,right?  This is official and was just left out of the book and will appear in errated  re-prints of rigger 5?  I'm asking because I was planing to upgrade the pilot on a  few  my drones to 5 so  i could run 3 instead of 2 . If can actually already run 3 with out spending  mod points then that would be great.

hXc Mike

• Newb
« Reply #305 on: <12-13-16/2342:06> »
Copy-Paste to try and get 'em all in one location.

SlashXVI 3 points 7 hours ago*

•The Yamaha Kabuyara (p.44) might have a wrong statline. As it is right now it is as good or worse than the Suzuki Mirage (core) in every category while beeing twice as expensive and not rocking any upgrades to warrant the price difference.

Has a ruling/fix been made on this? Skimmed through 20 pages of thread and found no other mention.

SlashXVI

• Newb
« Reply #306 on: <12-15-16/0607:17> »

•The Yamaha Kabuyara (p.44) might have a wrong statline. As it is right now it is as good or worse than the Suzuki Mirage (core) in every category while beeing twice as expensive and not rocking any upgrades to warrant the price difference.

Has a ruling/fix been made on this? Skimmed through 20 pages of thread and found no other mention.

Looking at the german pdf I have aquired by now: the statblock for the Kaburaya is different from what was in the english one. Compared to the Mirage it now has one additional acceleration and two less armor, all other stats are identical, including the price(!!!)

&#24525;

« Reply #307 on: <12-15-16/1320:50> »

Looking at the german pdf I have aquired by now: the statblock for the Kaburaya is different from what was in the english one. Compared to the Mirage it now has one additional acceleration and two less armor, all other stats are identical, including the price(!!!)
Yup

IntrepidVector

• Newb
« Reply #308 on: <01-09-17/0738:26> »
Based off the fluff, should the GTS Tower have a Retrans unit standard?

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #309 on: <01-09-17/1125:18> »
The Ram Plate doesn't appear to have a price on a table either.

I've noticed that this hasn't gotten any attention since it was posted, which I found frustrating because I wanted to know the price too. In fact, I've been so frustrated that I looked through older editions until I found what I cost back then so I could use that cost for 5e. To save you all the trouble of looking, here's the 4e stats according to page 141 of Arsenal:
Mod Slots: 1
Threshold: 8
Tools: Shop
Cost: Body X 250¥
Availability: 6R
Special Skill: -
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

IntrepidVector

• Newb
« Reply #310 on: <01-09-17/1545:57> »
Thanks, Ghost! Had been itching to know that mysef

SlashXVI

• Newb
« Reply #311 on: <01-13-17/0925:11> »
The Ram Plate doesn't appear to have a price on a table either.

I've noticed that this hasn't gotten any attention since it was posted, which I found frustrating because I wanted to know the price too. In fact, I've been so frustrated that I looked through older editions until I found what I cost back then so I could use that cost for 5e. To save you all the trouble of looking, here's the 4e stats according to page 141 of Arsenal:
Mod Slots: 1
Threshold: 8
Cost: Body X 250¥
Special Skill: -

The german rulebook has the following stats:
Mod Slots: 2
Threshhold: 10
Cost: Body*250¥
special skill: -

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #312 on: <01-19-17/1034:11> »
Dang, you Germans always get the errata first, and in the sourcebooks at that. I guess that one extra editing process you get when translating the book really makes a difference.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Xexanoth

• Chummer
« Reply #313 on: <01-19-17/1509:28> »
Dang, you Germans always get the errata first, and in the sourcebooks at that. I guess that one extra editing process you get when translating the book really makes a difference.

The fact that people already have spent awhile pointing out all the errors helps alot.
Then again for many it means we pay double, first for the english then for the german, because no ones got time to wait around for the german release to use all the new stuff ^^

ClaytonCross

• Chummer
  • A rigger at heart, a confused mess in practice.
« Reply #314 on: <02-18-17/1853:52> »
Looks like it got squeezed out by the Pilot chart. Something else for teh errata.

(From the original writing)
The Pilot program determines the Rating of the drone as a whole, serves as the primary source of attributes for skill tests, serves as a cap on the highest rating Autosoft the drone can run, and more. Is there any reason that it’s in such high demand? Civilian Pilot programs are generally rating 2 (or, rarely, 1), restricted security Pilots are 3-4, while military-grade Pilots (5-6) are forbidden for general use. Cost and availability is shown on the chart below:

RATING   AVAIL   COST
1      4   100$
2      -   400$
3      8R   1800$
4      12R   3200$
5      16F   10,000$
6      24F   20,000$

(Due to advancements in Pilot programs, a Pilot may now operate as many Autosofts as its Rating, rather than half its Rating (rounded up) as per SR5. )

I had to go check to find that out! I was *wondering* why no one was talking about this! It's an important thing!

Is there any word on when we will get a release of an updated PDF of Rigger 5.0 that has this line included or Errata for Rigger 5.0   ...  Its kind of a big deal for rigger players and the decision was already made.
I write long and repetitive trying to be clear, I am bad at examples, so people commonly skim my posts pull out the idea they think I mean or want to argue against or focus on my bad example instead of my actual point. I apologies for the confusion my failure to be clear and concise creates.