NEWS

Where do you guys get building plans? I need a concert hall

• 4 Replies

theDregs

• Newb
« on: <06-02-14/1850:33> »
I was wondering where you guys to get building plans. My groups inaugural adventure will take place during a rock concert. I was trying to find a good layout for a hall that wasn't too cluttered. I am wondering if there are and RP-map depositories, if you will.

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #1 on: <06-02-14/1854:24> »
I create them. I have a bunch of paper with grids on it from a blueprint company that is used for sketching home designs on. They were settling some surplus and I bought an entire box.
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #3 on: <06-03-14/0430:10> »
You might look into if your city has a public planning commission.  If so, they often throw away unneeded blueprints once they're done.  If you go there and ask nicely, they can give a few to you.  I have blueprints for one of our Panda Express chains as a result of that route.  Not sure about a concert hall though, simply because of the potential to misuse that information.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

WellsIDidIt

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <06-03-14/1657:34> »
I use google for 90% of my floorplans. If I feel like making it look nice, I'll put it over a grid background layer in publisher or power point.

That said, I've actually used what Namikaze suggested in the past. I've also asked at the local college for old projects by engineering and architect majoring students (got an awesome blueprint for a mansion and solar farm from that). One of my best hauls was actually a an entire 8 x 8 table of "wargaming terrain" made from MDF that had been a proposed overhaul to downtown at the chamber of commerce. The project didn't get backed, so they were going to toss it out. Now my wargaming friends have properly added destruction to the terrain, painted it up (it was originally all white) and duke out their battles in what our downtown could have been.