NEWS

Team cohesion

• 58 Replies

Chaemera

• Omae
  • I may be a mouse, but I have a chainsaw.
« Reply #30 on: <12-06-10/2015:03> »
OKAY, STOP.

No edition wars on these boards.

My bad, wasn't going for an edition war. I was trying to make the point that 90% of what makes a system hack-n-slash or deep-immersion roleplay is the people at the table, not the rules of the game.
SR20A Limited Edition # 124
Obsidian Portal Profile: http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/chaemera

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #31 on: <12-06-10/2023:02> »
That's okay, but once I start seeing the mult-quote responses countering another's post, my blood pressure starts to rise. And then I go hunting for other hackers' bank accounts. ;D

Chaemera

• Omae
  • I may be a mouse, but I have a chainsaw.
« Reply #32 on: <12-06-10/2056:52> »
That's okay, but once I start seeing the mult-quote responses countering another's post, my blood pressure starts to rise. And then I go hunting for other hackers' bank accounts. ;D

There's nothing in there...
SR20A Limited Edition # 124
Obsidian Portal Profile: http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/chaemera

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #33 on: <12-06-10/2128:06> »
<sigh> I know how you feel. Time to go searching for paydata in Azzie's nodes.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #34 on: <12-07-10/0101:48> »
It just seems to me that a session of D&D 4e with no combat at all would be pretty hard to imagine, correct me if i'm wrong?  I haven't played much DnD4e, but in SR it's easy to go a long time with no Combat.  It's not Call of Cthulhu, but it supports that kind of game-style.  You could just be detecting, illusioning, charming, con'ing, intimidating, stealthing, hacking all day long and complete a whole shadowrun and never have drawn a gun and it's just as fun or even funner.
Hell, look at our game. Took us twenty pages before we even thought of an initiative roll.

Last session I ran on sunday went by with, 4 rolls, I think. 3 of them were social skills. And man, how they all WISHED they would have had something to fight, at least that'd been something they could see ;D
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #35 on: <12-07-10/0126:17> »
One of the best runs I ever did was about 10 years ago playing SR2. We had a mage (me), a street sam, and a troll rigger(no kidding). Op was easy, break into a warehouse to steal a hardcopy of some blueprints, get out. We did it by making the riggers van into a "roach coach" (ie a snackwagon), parked it in the parking lot, had yours truely cast an improved invisibility spell on Sammy, concentrated in the back of the van while Sammy got in and out without a hitch.

Three hours of stealth, concentration, and social checks and we got a NICE fat 10K yen payday.

Not a single shot fired. To this day I use it as an example of a perfect run to new players.

But as for the "edition war", eh, to each is their own. I may not know a good game, but I know what I like. And what I dont like, I give my opinion why, but ultimately let others make up their minds and that is all I ask in return. Its one thing to express and articulate in a mature, adult way the reasons for said dislike, another to whine like a baby and denounce another game because you all of the sudden cant be da-uber you once were because of rules changes.

Ah well, such is the life of a gamer.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #36 on: <12-07-10/0231:45> »
...and forgive us our flames, as we forgive those that flame against us... *mumble*

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #37 on: <12-07-10/1431:47> »
Huh?  I didn't try to flame anybody and didn't think I got too worked up (if at all) but I'll drop the whole thing right now.  No hard feelings?

;D

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #38 on: <12-07-10/1503:29> »
If you drop it with a cheeseburger, yes ;D

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <12-07-10/1503:55> »
How about I keep it going!  D&D 4th edition blows boat people!!  .......just kidding

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #40 on: <12-07-10/1505:32> »
Here you go, Doc.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #41 on: <12-07-10/1514:29> »
Here you go, Doc.
If that ain't false advertising, I don't know what is...

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #42 on: <12-07-10/1518:19> »
Yeah, it actually looks like this:

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #43 on: <12-08-10/0454:35> »
Is that... seriously... a cheeseburger in a can??

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #44 on: <12-08-10/0826:13> »
Yes, Doc. Yes it is. One more thing to prove Shadowrun is just around the corner--you have slimy/fuzzy meat in a can in your local Stuffer ShackŪ.