NEWS

Medkits and Autodocs

• 2 Replies

Artemis Entreri

• Newb
« on: <03-14-18/1509:17> »
Hey!!

Easy as it gets... Assume I'm 5 years old 😂

Explain how medkits / autodocs work. I know they are there I'm in the third campaign and still not able to use them properly (always compensated with quick rulings).

Thanks for the help!!

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #1 on: <03-14-18/1514:52> »
Medkits are your EMT bag. Rating 1-3 are the large pocket size, and 4-6 are the small duffle/gym bag size. If you've seen paramedics in real life get out their gear bags on a call, then you've seen a rating 6 medkit sized bag.
Autodocs are basically medical droids from Star Wars, just not as fancy. They are (usually) stationary things, so you bring the person needing treatment to them, unlike medkits that you bring to the person needing treatment.For autodocs, the rating indicates how complex a treatment they can do.
With both, higher ratings help more, so get the highest rating you can.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #2 on: <03-14-18/1633:30> »
Say your teammate gets shot. You take a Complex Action and roll your First Aid skill + Logic attribute [Mental limit] (threshold 2). Every net hit over the threshold removes one box of damage, up to a maximum equal to your First Aid skill rating, and takes one Combat Turn per box of damage removed (see "First Aid," SR5, p.205-206). There's a -3 dice pool penalty to the First Aid test if you don't have a medkit (p.208), but a medkit with a wireless Matrix connection adds its rating to your limit and your dice pool. A medkit can even operate itself if you don't have a First Aid skill (p.450). You can only use First Aid in the first hour after an injury, and you can't use it after magical healing has been applied (so always use First Aid before the Heal spell, if you can).