NEWS

Cyberarm Questions

• 128 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #120 on: <03-04-14/2355:44> »
You know, given the discussion here, I have something I'd like to submit:

In the environment where limits exist, I do not at this time accept the idea that cyberlimbs are imbalanced.  In part, this is because taking Strength 1 and Agility 1 and using limbs to make up for it then comes at a cost - at Body 3 and Reaction 4, your Physical Limit is still only 3; this is problematic for a variety of skills that are important for any shadowrunner - stealth is one example.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

WellsIDidIt

• Omae
« Reply #121 on: <03-05-14/0001:40> »
Without limits I don't even see an issue, but with limits, well as you say limits limit the usefulness.

Fraserstanton

• Newb
« Reply #122 on: <05-22-14/2122:31> »
If a character has a cyber arm does it make sense that they can use reflex recorder to add +1 to shoot a pistol with that cyber arm ?

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #123 on: <05-23-14/0107:56> »
There's no rule against it, and logically it would work - the text for Reflex Recorder indicates that it's a neural implant.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #124 on: <05-23-14/0150:56> »
yeah, you are getting a positive dice pool modifier to your pistol skill. you get this modifier even if you fire around corners from cover using your left hand, if you use a cyberarm to fire the shot or even if you use a built in cyberpistol in your torso...

...if you fire with your left hand you take a negative modifier unless you are ambidextrous (or left handed). If you fire with your cyberarm you use your cyberarm agility rather than your physical agility (which might or might not be higher or lower than your physical agility)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #125 on: <05-23-14/0435:36> »
If a character has a cyber arm does it make sense that they can use reflex recorder to add +1 to shoot a pistol with that cyber arm ?
It's a skill-thing, not an attribute-thing, so yeah.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Fraserstanton

• Newb
« Reply #126 on: <06-14-14/0532:43> »
What about Gunnery with a cyberarm? Gunnery is based on Agility. But if you were jumped into a drone you would not get the benefit of your cyberarm.

JimmyCrisis

• Omae
« Reply #127 on: <06-14-14/0605:50> »
Manual gunnery uses your cyberarm's Agility.  Remote gunnery uses your Logic attribute, not your Agility.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #128 on: <06-14-14/0826:36> »
Manual gunnery uses your cyberarm's Agility.  Remote gunnery uses your Logic attribute, not your Agility.
^This.

It is clear that you use Gunnery (SR5 errata p. 2) and Agility for Manual Operation of Vehicle mounted weapons.
It is clear that you use Gunnery and Logic (SR5 p. 183) for Remote Operation of Vehicle mounted weapons.

But, depending on your reading, you use Gunnery and Agility for Remote Operation of Drone mounted weapons (SR5 p. 238)

SR5 do seem to make a distinction between Vehicle mounted weapons and Drone mounted weapons.
There is even a paragraph named Vehicle and Drone Mounted Weapons on p. 176
« Last Edit: <06-14-14/0834:03> by Xenon »