NEWS

OOC: The Jungle

• 139 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <03-04-15/1158:50> »
So I'm starting the action off with a scene in front of a small lean-to propped up against the Isle-of-View apartments and just based on the way I pictured it I started from the perspective of Rat,  but that in no way means the story will be told more from his point of view than from others.  I usually just use a @Character_Name to narrate to each person what they're experiencing, but for this first post I tried to describe enough so that you each can create your first post.  Please feel free to take ownership over your little piece of this shared story we're gonna tell each other :)  So you can create names of places and names of people.  You only need to ask me if it's something huge.  We'll feel it out.

Put rolls in IC in quotation boxes.  Don't put rolls in OOC because I don't like having to jump between threads while doing calculations.  Just makes sure to use the quotation boxes.

Just to clarify, Rat and Xem are downstairs in a lean-to and just go woken up very early by Junior.  Chaim and Werner live upstairs in their respective parent's apartments.  Chaim and Werner, much to the annoyance especially of Chaim's mother, got woken up by Junior knocking on the doors to ask them the same question he asked Rat.  Junior now left downstairs and now they're both alone, each in their respective small apartments, still awake. 

Junior was heavily influenced by Kubiak's spiritual guidance and has started to run errands for him and his priests but he used to hustle with you kids.
« Last Edit: <03-04-15/1204:59> by inca1980 »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <03-13-15/1535:41> »
If Xem and Rat do decide to talk to the K9Hers roll me some ettiquette tests.  Chaim and Werner don't notice anything and would keep walking unless Xem or Rat let them know.  If you decide to take a different route you don't need to roll anything.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #32 on: <03-13-15/1702:03> »
Xem will ignore them and not discuss them unless someone else brings it up.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <03-16-15/2216:44> »
@Hydroraven:
Roll Negotiation or Con.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <03-17-15/0518:50> »
Just edited my last post to include the negotiation roll.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <03-26-15/1632:27> »
Wow, I coulda sworn I made that IC post yesterday or the day before. Re-posted.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <03-27-15/1708:45> »
Xem would neither have shaken his hand, nor struggled to get away once grabbed, but I'll just roll with it for now.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <03-27-15/1730:35> »
Man, decisions decisions!
I don't wanna go RIGHT to the lightning bolt, y'know? Rather save it till i NEED it. But after one, maybe two swings from one a those bats, my dicepool is gonna be so freakin low, the bolt will be worthless.

I'm guessing that since we're going right to initiative, that there's no more time for talking things out?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #38 on: <03-27-15/1813:48> »
Ok so for rule of cool id like to have Chaim take a drink as Sarafin agrees to 50 and then spit it in his face to blind him when he starts threatening. I figure:

1. Free action but has no effect on Sarafin and out in merely for flavor.

2. Chaim has to spend an action of some sort and roll dice on it. Need GM call on what that would be.

3. GM would rather not.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <04-01-15/1007:25> »
Sorry guys, my spring break started this week and I'm out of town.  My posting speed will be back to normal next week. 

@Xem:
The hand grabbing thing is more fluff.  It won't hamper your actions.

@Chaim:
So you can do the spitting on your initiative.  It would be a complex action and we'll make it an Agility + Str with a -2.  I'll determine effect.

@Everyone:
We'll say everyone is within melee range of Sarafin, 2m, and the Cutters are 15m behind you.   Also remember that if people find out you're awakened it's gonna be have big social repercussions and it will definitely have an effect on how you're treated in combat.  For adepts that would be effects are very obvious like elemental effects.
« Last Edit: <04-01-15/1009:05> by inca1980 »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <04-01-15/1652:58> »
Also remember that if people find out you're awakened it's gonna be have big social repercussions and it will definitely have an effect on how you're treated in combat.  For adepts that would be effects are very obvious like elemental effects.

Well, how I'm ABOUT to be treated is like a baseball by one of the highest up guys in the highest up gang in the city. I don't think it can get a whole lot worse than this. Still though. Gonna save the bolt till i NEED it.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <04-02-15/1119:36> »
Enjoy your spring break!
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <04-07-15/1042:12> »
Ok I"m back guys!  Last episode Oakley and the Cleanup Crew were charging straight towards you with big grins on their faces.   You guys got initiative and for the sake of saving time in PbP I usually let every player who's next to each other in the Initiative queue act in the order that they can post.  So say initiative was Werner, Rat, Cutter, Xem, Chaim, then Werner and Rat could act first in whatever order they can post in, then Cutter acts and then Xem and Chaim can act in whatever order they can post in.  So even if you have initiative over another player, if they have posted first, write your post assuming what they did happened before what you're gonna do.  Hope that's not a problem for you guys but it makes for less waiting and Initiative is really most important relative to what the bad-guys roll and not as much relative to what your friends roll. 

Bring it!
« Last Edit: <04-07-15/1044:39> by inca1980 »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <04-10-15/1638:58> »
Hey Gradivus, let me know if you need to know anything before acting.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <04-10-15/2024:22> »
Makes sense to me Inca, and it would make for faster battles too ;)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix