NEWS

Favorite and most stylish blunt weapons

• 46 Replies

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #30 on: <12-21-17/1517:46> »
Yup, that's why I hang out here. The humor..... ::)
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #31 on: <12-28-17/2357:38> »
Favorite blunt weapon: the truth.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #32 on: <12-29-17/1915:17> »
Favorite blunt weapon: the truth.
Quoted for...   ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

RigMaster14345

• Newb
  • I'm not a rigger, don't ask.
« Reply #33 on: <01-10-18/1240:02> »
Baseball Bat, hands down nothing beats it.

It's brutal in my opinion. Something not seen as a weapon, a toy that children play with, being used to break bones as it smashes into a thug or armed guard. Because hearing the crack of a ball against a bat pales in comparison to the sound of a bat breaking over someones back.
Get paid. Get laid. Lemonade.

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #34 on: <02-15-18/1555:36> »

My SR4A Fomori Occult Investigator carried a melee hardened gentleman's walking stick that my GM allowed me to use mace stats for.

I have rarely had more fun in a bar fight.

-Jn-

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #35 on: <04-06-18/0021:06> »
I like the baseball bat style; just wooden or aluminum, not necessarily with nails.
Improvised brutality; it says a lot about the character.  A weapon that is distinctly modern while being so blatantly medieval.  The character using it is often the same; they aren't out of place, this isn't a wannabe crusader, but it is someone who is purely capable of extreme violence, using what is familiar to them.  They didn't train at a dojo to use this weapon.  They don't have a sensei teaching them the traditional techniques. They are just prepared and capable, mentally and physically, to use violence as a means to accomplish their goals.
...had an ex baseball player character who used a tungsten alloy bat back in 3e. 

Was also pretty good with her "beanball" attacks (usually a direct KO as it was stun damage and she could easily stage it up to deadly with her skill and strength, sadly that doesn't work in 5e as the damage mechanics are so different).
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #36 on: <04-13-18/1655:23> »
I don't know what I find more Ironic, we are on a board about a game centering around advanced technology, and we have a thread discussing our favorite blunt instruments. A weapons technology that's arguably a step down from throwing rocks, or that the truth is my favorite entry on this list.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #37 on: <04-15-18/2002:08> »
Do brass knuckes count as a blunt weapon?

I add in that the basic aluminum bat is a great weapon, it screams "field expedient" to me.   And slightly concealable in plain site if you have a bag w/ a couple of them & a cap & jersey on.

Stun Baton is very solid for a non-harmful take down.

Collapsible Baton is great for concealment.

I think there needs to be a collapsible/folding Stun Baton/Cane in game for a trifecta of Physical/Stun Damage w/ Concealment.

Something to compete w/ the clear blade winners out there of Katana &/or Combat Knife.

lowedown98

• Newb
  • Writer, gamer and all around geek!
« Reply #38 on: <05-20-18/1110:00> »
I second Nebulous' post of the modded up umbrella a la Kingsmen. It gives great concealability and you could have something tucked into the handle. Maybe this could be how you could make a collapsible stun baton, Tarislar!
Find your own truth, choose your enemies carefully and never... EVER... deal with a dragon.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #39 on: <05-23-18/0345:44> »
...the downside of many "improvised" weapons is their reduced accuracy.  I would so love the idea of a finely balanced sledgehammer with a reach of 2 and all that mass, swinging at someone's cranium, but 3 accuracy (4 if you add personalised grip) is fairly easy to dodge.

In 3rd ed that was not an issue so titanium baseball bats, sledgehammers, and thrown objects (like a cueball) in the right hands could take an opponent down.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

fseperent

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <05-23-18/0529:42> »
I love the fact that the truth is listed here.

Strictly in terms of blunt weapons, give me a baseball bat or a kanabo (wood club with metal studs).

My favorite though, has to be the metahuman body.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #41 on: <05-23-18/1013:24> »
Do we have SR stats for a Bokken? I Figure with Neo-tokyo around the corner it's time to go looking.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <05-23-18/1441:45> »
Do we have SR stats for a Bokken? I Figure with Neo-tokyo around the corner it's time to go looking.
Official stats? No. But last time I used a bokken in game, I talked it over with the GM, and it basically had the katana stats, but did Stun instead of Physical. Still used blades (swords) skill, since you use it like a sword (what with it being a practice/training sword, and all).

My Characters

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #43 on: <05-25-18/0139:39> »
A bokken would just be a club, but maybe using blades if your GM is friendly.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <05-25-18/1201:24> »
A bokken would just be a club, but maybe using blades if your GM is friendly.
Personally I would have it be listed under clubs, but say you can use either Clubs or Blades (Swords) for it. Seems the simplest way to avoid the arguments on why a weapon designed to train sword skills doesn't use the Blade (Swords) skill. ;)

My Characters