NEWS

Medical Facilities

• 2 Replies

joe15552

• Omae
« on: <01-08-11/2033:44> »
Greetings all. First I'd like to thank these forums for helping me understand the rules of sr4 MUCH better. If I was left to my own devices, my poor GM's would gain gray hairs much earlier.

Question to GM's:
     How do facilities work in your game(s)?

My own devices:
     I want to create a street doc as a character. I want him to have a medical facility; I want him to be awakened (I was thinking I would give him the negative quality of aspected magician negative quality: Spell Aspect- Health Spells); and I want him to have all the skills and equipment he needs to be able to handle at least 2 street samurais in overflow. He will probably have a lot of bioware, so he's probably gonna be down an essence point or 2, and take a hit on that magic rating.
     I can probably handle the skills, knowledge skills, qualities, and attributes required to get this character running, but I'm hung up on the facility part. Why? I followed the following steps to create my medical facility:
1) I looked up facility in sr4 20th anniversary edition, it told me to see RC 160. I found some snazzy rules for maintaining a facility, that I really like. Looks like a character right out of char gen can maintain a facility with a necessity level of 5 (because you need a fake SIN level 4 to maintain a level 5 lifestyle of anything)... but how much is a medical facility that can take care of cyberred- out street samurais?
2) A facility costs 100k at 12R availability, but does that include medical facilities? I mean, a medical facility is particularly powerful. You have access to all kinds of high-powered bioware creations, yada-yada, so is 100k with 12R availability REALLY the actual amount to gain access to all that equipment, or am I missing something?

Please just put book and page numbers if your information is particularly revealing. I have all the books now, so I can just look up something I missed.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <01-08-11/2231:58> »
Check Augmentation, p. 124 for more information on Medical Facilities.

joe15552

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <01-08-11/2335:22> »
Thanks again, FastJack. I knew it was in there somewhere.