NEWS

New Kill Code Matrix actions questions

• 9 Replies

kainite311

• Chummer
  • PC's are just murder hobo's...
« on: <02-12-19/1834:07> »
Does Calibration affect meat world initiatives of your teammates you choose to use it on?
Kainite
Actually, in most Shadowrun games, they typically have a Lifestyle so they're either Murder Hobos (Street/Squatter Level) or Murder Renters (Low+ level)

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-12-19/1926:30> »
Yup.

kainite311

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <02-23-19/1421:46> »
Can calibration stack with leadership rally?

Does calibration affect drones?
Kainite
Actually, in most Shadowrun games, they typically have a Lifestyle so they're either Murder Hobos (Street/Squatter Level) or Murder Renters (Low+ level)

JudgeMonroe

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <02-27-19/1458:57> »
Can calibration stack with leadership rally?

It doesn't say that it doesn't stack, and bonuses from different sources usually do stack, so yes, Calibration should stack with Rally.

Does calibration affect drones?

I do not think a Drone is a Persona, so no. It would affect a Rigger who has jumped into a Drone. Calibration does affect Agents and Sprites, since they are Personas.

kainite311

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <02-27-19/2329:59> »
Trying to google fu the books again but I swear there was a passage about pilot programs being specialized agents or had persona's sometimes... Still looking
Kainite

RiggerBob

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <02-28-19/0417:09> »
Drones are devices (SR5Core, p.234 "Devices and Personas").

Agents on the other hand are personas and "An agent is about as smart as a pilot program of the same rating" (p.246; maybe that's the part you remember)

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <02-28-19/0712:18> »
Calibration stacks with itself even.  RAW anyway.  Check with your GM before you get too nuts. 

kainite311

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <02-28-19/1320:33> »
I would vote no on the stacking with iteself(calibration) purely from the fact that unless you are getting new information, not much has changed. Although I would vote for you can re-calibrate on a crappy roll and stack the net bonus that was above the first roll (not new info, just more got noticed)...
Kainite

JudgeMonroe

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <02-28-19/1345:09> »
I would vote no on the stacking with iteself(calibration) purely from the fact that unless you are getting new information, not much has changed. Although I would vote for you can re-calibrate on a crappy roll and stack the net bonus that was above the first roll (not new info, just more got noticed)...

I agree the action could use a blurb about stacking, but that's one for the Errata team. One Calibration isn't game-breaking and is a good buff for some clutch initiative. Careful coordination with a Leadership Rally could even get someone an extra initiative pass. But multiple Calibrations, from one or different sources, probably ought not stack. The case of running a Calibration Agent that just spams two Calibrations every pass is a bit much.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <02-28-19/1502:17> »
Calibration shouldn't stack with itself.  Leadership Rally has a built in limit, you can only have one "Leader" so you can't have multiple people spamming Rally.  RAW Calibration doesn't have anything like that.  With a full stable of Sprites running Calibration each action a TM could theoretically have infinite actions.  As long as each IP you picked up another +10 from all the Calibrations the turn would never end.

IMO, "Calibration doesn't stack with itself." and carry on.  YMMV.