NEWS

If the Barrett 121 isn't bad enough for you...

• 34 Replies

Anarkitty

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <07-15-13/1621:48> »
And for the record, I was saying it was man-portable before they added the additional DAKKA.  My statement didn't address the man-portability of the weapon after the DAKKA was added.
That said, the ensuing discussion was entertaining and informative.

Nal0n

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <07-21-13/1304:13> »
Bah, we got the 207x's now anyways (depending on SR4 or 5) ... cal .50 is for ppl that cannot afford/source decent Lasers and Gauss Rifles :p

Angrypixels

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <07-29-13/0738:40> »
Don't rule out standard bullets too quickly, they still have their place especially if someone is looking to avoid the flashiness of an energy discharge.
There's a munchkin at every table...I think i'm it.

Nal0n

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <07-29-13/1321:16> »
Don't rule out standard bullets too quickly, they still have their place especially if someone is looking to avoid the flashiness of an energy discharge.

The flashiness is pure BONUS ... and do not stare at my rainbow-mohawk too hard ;)

Apart from that you are totally right that a Sniper should do all things possible not to be seen.
So if the "Rule-of-Cool™" does not work with your GM you should choose a "less-flashy" option ;)

Nonetheless: The Thunderstruck is just sooo cool ... one day one of my chars will have one (if only for range shooting) ... even if I have to wait for Shadowrun 14 :p

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <07-29-13/1447:04> »
Yeah thunderstruck is the uncontested king of sniping weapons.
But laser on the other hand utterly suck for sniping, their strickly CQC weapons.
"An it harm none, do what you will"