NEWS

SR4: Can CyberGuns and Cyber Melee Weapons be part of the same Cyber-Arm?

• 2 Replies

ForsakenSniper7

• Newb
« on: <02-18-21/1755:48> »
So while planning out some Cyberware for my Street Sam, there is something that isn't clarified and I am having trouble trying to figure it out. Is it possible to put a Cyber-gun Cyber Melee Weapon into the same Cyber Arm?

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-19-21/0247:28> »
I guess some GM might rule that retractable spurs (that typically come out of the knuckles) might be hard to combine with the muzzle of your hold-out cybergun (which also typically is fired out of the knuckles), but in that case you can also argue that your hold-out cybergun will be fired from a port hidden in the palm instead. Discuss it with your GM.

Rule wise, the limiting factor here is otherwise only the capacity of the arm. In a synthetic full arm you can for example install a heavy pistol while at the same time also installing retractable hand razors, but if you install a SMG then the cyberlimb no longer also have capacity for your retractable hand razors (time to switch to an obvious cyberarm with more capacity, perhaps?).

Edit: Ack..... I just now noticed that this question was specifically for SR4.
There might or might not be rules that prevent this in specifically SR4 (this I am not aware of)!
« Last Edit: <02-19-21/0254:47> by Xenon »

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #2 on: <02-19-21/1004:35> »
I don't see any reason why not, as long as the cyberarm has the capacity for them. Enhancements and accessories tend to use up available capacity pretty fast. Rules for capacity are essentially the same in SR4 and SR5 ... see SR4A p.343-345.