Catalyst Game Labs > Official Announcements

Parazoology out now!

<< < (5/7) > >>

FastJack:

--- Quote from: Wesley Street on ---
--- Quote from: Critias on ---There are times I really, really, miss the much-less-exclusive shadowtalker days.

--- End quote ---

That could easily be solved by bringing in more guest posters. The precedent is already there: Change Agent, Zoned, and DefCon5 in Feral Cities, Nuyen Nick and Facet in Runner Havens, Khan-a-Saur in Seattle 2072...

What I don't want to see is a return to the unfunny "in-joke" posters that plagued 3E. Dr. Evil ("Sharks with frikkin' lasers on their heads?") and Neo ("There is no spoon.") are the worst offenders but there were others.

--- End quote ---
Except the Hong Kong Cavaliers from Shadows of Asia. They can appear whenever they want. ;)

Critias:

--- Quote from: Wesley Street on ---
--- Quote from: Critias on ---There are times I really, really, miss the much-less-exclusive shadowtalker days.

--- End quote ---

That could easily be solved by bringing in more guest posters. The precedent is already there: Change Agent, Zoned, and DefCon5 in Feral Cities, Nuyen Nick and Facet in Runner Havens, Khan-a-Saur in Seattle 2072...
--- End quote ---
Oh, trust me, we are.  And it was at least halfway from me harping at Jason about it, I think.   ;D

--- Quote ---What I don't want to see is a return to the unfunny "in-joke" posters that plagued 3E. Dr. Evil ("Sharks with frikkin' lasers on their heads?") and Neo ("There is no spoon.") are the worst offenders but there were others.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, none of us wants that.  A little humor is a good thing (and necessary, I'd argue, just because playing games is supposed to be fun)...but not quite to that extent.

Man Who Walks At Night:

--- Quote from: Critias on ---Yeah, none of us wants that.  A little humor is a good thing (and necessary, I'd argue, just because playing games is supposed to be fun)...but not quite to that extent.

--- End quote ---

Just keep the "jokes" in the shadowrun setting. Instead of relying on movies or jokes which is based on current RL events, then they need to be grounded in the setting of the game, then they are perfectly valid and funny :)

Crimsondude:
I don't think it's telling tales out of school to mention that there is a whole slew of canon 4E Helix posters from the French and German SR books/translations. Some of them are really cool, too.

As far as I can tell, Seattle 2072 is supposed to be a ShadowSea file instead of JackPoint. I actually like what Steve Kenson did in that book a lot.

CanRay:

--- Quote from: Man Who Walks At Night on ---
--- Quote from: Critias on ---Yeah, none of us wants that.  A little humor is a good thing (and necessary, I'd argue, just because playing games is supposed to be fun)...but not quite to that extent.

--- End quote ---

Just keep the "jokes" in the shadowrun setting. Instead of relying on movies or jokes which is based on current RL events, then they need to be grounded in the setting of the game, then they are perfectly valid and funny :)

--- End quote ---
Pop Culture references age badly.  Very badly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version