NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

tytalan

• Newb
« Reply #540 on: <05-03-19/1554:29> »
Any chance that we can get all the errata in one file so those of us not changing to 6ed right away can use it and update it over time

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #541 on: <05-03-19/1644:00> »
Yes, if Catalyst isn't going to make errata official for 5th edition books at this point (they have other things to worry about right now), it would be nice to have the recommendations from the errata group in a compact, easy to look through, format.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #542 on: <05-09-19/2155:51> »
Finishing a nice, clean errata document is still on the docket, one way or another.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Aranduin

• Newb
« Reply #543 on: <09-21-19/1428:16> »
I really want to read the errata team review. I think it would be an unfortunate waste to lose that data.

I hope the errata team post their work, because I dont think Catalyst do it.

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #544 on: <09-23-19/1133:32> »
Most probably that would be a breach of our NDA to post stuff.
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #545 on: <09-23-19/1137:30> »
I really want to read the errata team review. I think it would be an unfortunate waste to lose that data.

As Jayde Moon said upthread, it's actually not dead.  It's just that since his posting in May, a new edition surprised us by becoming a thing and 5e errata has gone to the back burner and 6we errata has been our priority.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Aranduin

• Newb
« Reply #546 on: <09-23-19/1343:07> »

Catalyst can cancel the NDA.

tenchi2a

• Chummer
« Reply #547 on: <09-26-19/1006:21> »

Most if not all NDAs have a lifespan.
"Most frequently, the duration used for non-disclosure agreements are 2, 3, and 5 years"

After said time CGL would not be able to stop them from releasing the Errata.
So even if CGL decides to table the 5th ed Errata they are on a ticking clock.
And at the end of that time the Errata team would be able to release their work without needing CGL permission.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #548 on: <09-26-19/1118:45> »

"Most frequently, the duration used for non-disclosure agreements are 2, 3, and 5 years"

And at the end of that time the Errata team would be able to release their work without needing CGL permission.
That's true. And it could be a PDF on the forums, but without CGL's involvement, it would not get to CGL's website nor portals like DriveThruRPG. Also, books/pdfs would not be updated with the errata and re-released on such sites.

Aranduin

• Newb
« Reply #549 on: <09-26-19/1423:47> »

That's true. And it could be a PDF on the forums, but without CGL's involvement, it would not get to CGL's website nor portals like DriveThruRPG. Also, books/pdfs would not be updated with the errata and re-released on such sites.

I'd rather see the document with the erratas now, than wait for a CGL update that may never come

• Prime Runner
« Reply #550 on: <09-27-19/0048:23> »
Well unpublished errata is essentially just some dudes' house rules.  No more or less weight than your own, when it comes down to it.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Aranduin

• Newb
« Reply #551 on: <09-27-19/1344:08> »
I honestly have no confidence that Catalyst updates the books. They wants people to play 6 edition not an improved 5.

Duellist_D

• Chummer
« Reply #552 on: <10-16-19/1609:39> »

It's just that since his posting in May, a new edition surprised us by becoming a thing and 5e errata has gone to the back burner and 6we errata has been our priority.

With the to-be-expected amount of errata that will have to go into future CGL Products (that is, probably quite a lot more than even 5Es needed), i think its a fair assumption to make that realistically, you guys won't have much time for any relevant amounts of work for 5es Errata for a LONG time.

And quite honestly, i don't think the acting parties on CGLs side have any relevant interest in making these Errata "official" anymore, because with the... rough... first reception of 6e, it would just give ressources to anyone unwilling to switch.

So, just releasing this "as is" now instead of in a few years, when no one cares anymore and the work will be wasted, would probably be the better solution for both the players and the members of the errata team.

• Prime Runner
« Reply #553 on: <10-16-19/1617:23> »
I wouldn't say that 6we needs more Errata than 5e did.  6we is merely GETTING more thorough errata than 5e ever did is all.

And best case scenario is still reasonably possible: We finish up 6we in the near future, and we have nothing better to but work on 5e's niggling issues.  Until, of course, more 6we books come out.

0B

« Reply #554 on: <01-02-20/1240:20> »
With regards to the above discussion on compiling existing official 5e errata into a PDF (From these threads)- are there any legal issues if I just go ahead and do it? I don't have any NDA, it's already been published publicly- all I would be doing is rolling up what currently exists into a single document. The current PDFs don't seem to have all official errata contained within them.