NEWS

[SR4a] Archetypes: replacements for the Sample Characters

• 411 Replies

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #135 on: <12-24-11/0206:36> »
I have a Canadian Army Surplus Greatcoat (From the 1960s, I believe) that's very comfortable and surprisingly wind resistant, but prefer my modern nylon winter coat with insulation due to better pockets on the inside.  I also have a Swiss Army Surplus Mountain Greatcoat that I can't even put on unless it's -50 or less outside or else I'll cook in the bloody thing.  Finally, I have a Australian-style Duster that's oilsealed brown leather.

I am jealous of your overcoats.

I am less jealous of where you live, that you need them.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #136 on: <12-24-11/0224:57> »

And I can get more from my FLGS/Army Surplus Store!  That also sells authentic Kukris!  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #137 on: <12-24-11/0908:14> »

And I can get more from my FLGS/Army Surplus Store!  That also sells authentic Kukris!  ;D
But no guns... ;)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #138 on: <12-24-11/1440:25> »

But no guns... ;)
Airsoft, actually, which requires getting a license harder to get than a firearms sales permit.  The Airsoft Import Permit is the same Permit required to store Weapons-Grade Nuclear Material.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Pyromaster13

• Omae
« Reply #139 on: <12-29-11/0149:39> »
I don't know if my math is correct, but on the combat hacker archetype 40 BP is spent on reaction to get it to a base of 5.  But with reaction enhancers and wired reflexes 2 that gives it an enhanced bonus to the cap at 9, but with a suprathyroid gland it gives it an additional +1 that's wasted.  Can't you drop reaction to base 4, since it will still be capped at 9?  Or is there a specific reason it's at 5?

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #140 on: <12-29-11/0201:28> »
RAW, Suprathyroid Gland's +1 to reaction doesn't stack with Wired Reflexes's or Reaction Enhancers' reaction boosts. It's odd (and often houseruled), but that's what the rules say. If your GM rules it does stack then that character (and a few others, I think) can save 10 bp.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #141 on: <02-03-12/1335:14> »
Think I screwed up trying to recreate the mercenary rigger in Chummer - I did the cyberarm as you described but Agility doesn't show as as augmented to 9 :(
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #142 on: <02-03-12/1336:04> »
I apologize, but I don't really know much about Chummer so I'm not the person to help you.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #143 on: <02-04-12/0021:10> »
Think I screwed up trying to recreate the mercenary rigger in Chummer - I did the cyberarm as you described but Agility doesn't show as as augmented to 9 :(

It's showing the total for 'average of all bodyparts' on the screen. Just ignore that and manually calculate the dice-pool for single-arm tests.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

DoomerEX

• Newb
« Reply #144 on: <02-04-12/0811:34> »

It's showing the total for 'average of all bodyparts' on the screen. Just ignore that and manually calculate the dice-pool for single-arm tests.
Actually, I believe the options default to counting the skull as a full limb for the purposes of averaging, which can be changed in the options.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #145 on: <02-04-12/0914:42> »
Actually, I believe the options default to counting the skull as a full limb for the purposes of averaging, which can be changed in the options.

That as well, yes.
― Albert Einstein

― Me

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #146 on: <02-04-12/1226:20> »

I thought all tests using the attribute in question would ALWAYS use the averaged attribute. (Which is a good chunk of why I won't touch a cyber limb with a ten foot pole)
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Crash_00

« Reply #147 on: <02-04-12/1230:22> »
Nope. If the test only uses one limb (or some limbs), you get to use that one limb's stats (or some limbs average) rather than the total average. That's the saving grace to cyberlimbs, otherwise they would be just the poor mans solution to when some jackass shoots the flamethrower tank.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #148 on: <02-04-12/1232:23> »
Nope. If the test only uses one limb (or some limbs), you get to use that one limb's stats (or some limbs average) rather than the total average. That's the saving grace to cyberlimbs, otherwise they would be just the poor mans solution to when some jackass shoots the flamethrower tank.

Well, I'll keep that in mind. Probably still won't use the limbs, but because they Essence hog, and there's too many other implants I'd rather have.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #149 on: <02-04-12/1757:36> »

Well, I'll keep that in mind. Probably still won't use the limbs, but because they Essence hog, and there's too many other implants I'd rather have.

Just remember, Cyberlimbs have Capacity to fit other gear in.

Getting a Cyberarm of Awesome (aka, have your shooting arm tweaked for 9 Agility + 4 points of Armor) is only 1 Essence and 21,450¥, and you have 4 Capacity left over for other goodies like a Sensor Package .
― Albert Einstein

― Me