NEWS

Information on the TT since 2065

• 6 Replies

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« on: <11-18-15/1814:14> »
...OK I know that there was a shakeup in the mid 60s in the Council (Lofwyr, Ehran, Oakforst and Surehand departed while Hestaby came on board) and Jenna had a hissyfit, looking to unleash the Paladins on non elven residents of Portland after the Rinelle assassinated her Council candidate, Stirling.

By 2070, all the turmoil seemed to have died down and it appeared that the social and political situation was beginning to relax a bit.

However there is very little information that I have been able to find about the TT in 2075. For one, I understand somehow Portland became the nation's Capitol (in the TT Sourcebook it was Salem).  So when did this happen, as well as what else has been going on there? 
« Last Edit: <11-19-15/0206:34> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <11-18-15/1852:28> »
AFAIK, the last update is on Storm Front, with the election of Telestrian to the president position (Tir is sort of a more democratic state). The economy is better, and social unrest is not as chaotic as it used to be but not everything is fine:
- Rinelle (extremist) are stil somewhat active (it's not very clear how, but in my campaign I assume the Rinelle still "fighting" are Elf supermacist who want a "clean Tir"), and a lot of them turn into the Laesa
- There is a lot of fight between Elf gangers and Ork gangers in the most poorest part of Tir Tairngire

Litte is know except for that, but it's clear that Tir is far less a "power player" than it used to be. If you want to play in this part, the inspiration should maybe UK in the 80's - getting out of the mess but still a lot of social issue, with some delusion of grandeur (last part is not a stab against the UK, it just applied to Tir ;) ).

Reading up on the Laesa might be also a good starting point (in 10 Gangs). Hope this helps.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2 on: <11-18-15/2110:40> »
Your best sources for info on the Tir would be in The Land of Promise and Storm Front. That's the latest, and you can also use the old Tir Tairngir book for background as well.

The big trouble is really with the Black Sun, and having Elf supremacists fighting with Metahuman supremacists fighting with humans. Basically, there are some people who want equality, some who want equality for everyone that isn't human, and some who want elves on top, and they're still fighting the war. Really, just picture Seattle with its Humanis and Sons of Sauron and Mothers of Metahumans and other such types, but switch elves and humans in the scheme of things.

Running in the Tir is still a pain, because even though the Council has been shaken up, they're still very vigilant on the magic and matrix security fronts, and if you try and run the border, what happens to you depends on whether you get caught by the border patrol, the paracritters, or 'volunteer patrols' (think those Minutemen idiots down on the US border with Mexico these days). If you're lucky, it is the border patrol, and you'll get dosed with laes and be dumped naked on the other side of the border. If you're not as lucky, it'll be the paracritters. And if Lady Luck decided to drek all over you, then you get the volunteers, many of whom are former paladins of the more elf-supremacist princes.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-18-15/2234:29> »
Rusty Zimmerman's Land of Promise is *absolutely* what you want. It's filled with greatness!

Short form: Rebellion happened, the old Princes were kicked out, but new guys stepped in who were mostly ELves and who *liked* the old system, just didn't like that they couldn't have the top seats.The non-Elves, especially the Orks, feel like they were betrayed as they just saw the new boss was the same as the old boss. Where, formerly, the rebels had lots of support from the wealthy Elven nobility, the ELves turned on the rest of the rebels when they started causing raising up against the new government... this was darned effective, since the Elves in power had previously fought alongside them and knew hiding locations, power players, and so on. The remnants of the rebels are now more of a low-grade background noise than a real rebellion, but boy howdy, would they love to change that.

Oh, and Larry Zincan, the second High Prince, finally passed away. I *believe* that a Telestrian now has the top spot, but don't quote me on that.

The nation's nowhere near as paranoid and secure as it used to be (tourism was BADLY needed to repair the economy), making it secure-ish, but not much harder than sneaking into, say, the UCAS from Sioux country.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #4 on: <11-19-15/0217:40> »
...thank you for the references, I'll try to look them up.

Not so much running a campaign as needing up to date information to fit it in with my character's backstory.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #5 on: <11-19-15/0324:48> »
Looks like I need to go back to reading those publications again. I thought Larry was just old, not dead yet.
Somebody call Critias! He is needed again!

I've actually have been thinking running a bit down there since I had a huge elf fetish when I was younger. Time to read up yet again and hatch a plot!
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #6 on: <11-19-15/0418:14> »
...yeah, I still remember the Portland Wall, The Lloyd District being an area of squatters and gangers, and the Rivergate district being the "barrens" of Portland.

NIgel did a pretty good job save for a few small things like having OMSI on the hill (well before the TT sourcebook was released the museum was relocated to the east bank of the Willamette River) and Portland having a subway system (we have an LRT network but save for the Roberson Tunnel through the West Hills, it is all above ground). All in all though, still one of the best location sourcebooks.

Always thought it was kind of neat having the city where I live be a published SR site. Even ended up referring to the local transit system "Tir Met" instead of Tri Met and West Hills as "Royal Hill" as that is where most of the rich folks live today (Nigel got that one spot on).

When I ran a campaign there many years ago, couldn't help but inject a little more "local flavour" into the city.