NEWS

Welcome!

• 772 Replies

Jian

• Chummer
« Reply #345 on: <04-12-12/1311:04> »
Hello. Played only a smattering of SR4/20A, but I hope to gain experience here. SR has been fun so far.

PrudentPanda

• Newb
« Reply #346 on: <04-12-12/1314:49> »
Hello!

I'm new to this board and new to Shadowrun, though I'm not new to CGL. Some may know me from the BattleTech board (PrudentPanda as well) or maybe from the Leviathans board (purplephoenix there).

Looking forward to get to know this proved and exciting setting. I already possess some books including the core rulebook. I'm especially interested in the meta plot, dragons and what happens on the Asian continent. Therefore I have some questions already in my first post in this board. :) Firstly, is Runner Havens, which details Honkong, valid with the fourth edition? Secondly, since the book is not available anymore - at least from CGL, it seems - will there be a new book solely dealing with Hongkong like the Seattle settingbook? Thirdly, are there at least some vague plans to publish something like Shadows of Asia for the fourth edition? And finally, where do I find more about those awesome dragons?

Thank you!

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #347 on: <04-13-12/0106:13> »
Welcome.

Runners Haven is a 4th. edition book and you should be able to find it as a PDF.
There is an upcoming book that has metaplots and dragons and ofcourse there are the old Dragons for the Earthdawn setting with many of the same dragons that is active in the 6. world.

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

PrudentPanda

• Newb
« Reply #348 on: <04-13-12/0350:36> »
Thank you very much for yor answer, rasmusnicolaj!

I'm really looking forward to this new dragon book. And I guess that the new Almanac will contain sufficient information on the Asian continent.

I've found Runner Havens on drivethrurpg.com, but I'd prefer to purchase it from CGL directly. I did so with all my CGL products so far. Do you may know, why it's not available anymore as PDF via battleshop?

And will there be a new setting book for Hongkong like the Seattle settingbook?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #349 on: <04-15-12/0957:15> »
You might also want to check out Shadows of Asia which is currently on sale over at DTRPG.

AJC

Corbienedm

• Newb
« Reply #350 on: <04-16-12/2309:04> »
Just wanted to introduce myself. New to Play by Post, I have played lots of RPGS and love shadowrun although a little out of the loop with 4th ed. Will probably be looking for rigger help, but just thought Id say I was excited to find this forum.

Secondskink

• Newb
« Reply #351 on: <04-17-12/0010:52> »
Sticking my head in to introduce myself, I got introduced into 4th edition and have fallen in love with it.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #352 on: <04-17-12/0955:29> »
Welcome all! Have fun, ask questions, poke CanRay and ignore the sleeping dragon in the corner (he went on a bender with the crew from the VU93 thread).

Corbienedm

• Newb
« Reply #353 on: <04-17-12/2308:15> »
Wondering what would be the best character to sort of cut your teeth on. I had played a Combat Mage before, and kind of interested in Rigger or Street Samurai. But just wondering if Rigging is too complicated.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #354 on: <04-18-12/0028:03> »
Welcome all! Have fun, ask questions, poke CanRay and ignore the sleeping dragon in the corner (he went on a bender with the crew from the VU93 thread).
Stop mentioning me!!  You keep waking me up.

Wondering what would be the best character to sort of cut your teeth on. I had played a Combat Mage before, and kind of interested in Rigger or Street Samurai. But just wondering if Rigging is too complicated.
Yes and no; Rigging, now, is sort of a sub-set of hacking, which means that you can easily extend a tendril in that direction.  (Not that everyone can't, it's just that these days Rigging isn't a bit more closely tied than the others.

For 'most basic', though, a classic Fighter (street samurai or combat adept) is probably your baby.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

golan2072

• Newb
  • Dwarf Tech-Wiz
« Reply #355 on: <05-05-12/0715:23> »
Hello! :D

My name is Omer Golan-Joel, a Graduate Geography student from Rehovot, Israel and I've been playing Shadowrun on and off since 1999, starting from the Hebrew version of SR2, then SR3 in English, then SR4 in English and now SR4A in English. I've introduced my girlfriend (now fiancée) to RPGing using SR4, which she greatly enjoyed, even though the rules were a bit too complex to her taste back then. after that we turned to D&D 3E, and then to various 'retro-clones' (BFRPG, Lamentations of the Flame Princess and so on). I'm also into Traveller, and have even written a third-party setting book, called Outer Veil, for Mongoose Traveller, and am working on other supplements in that line. Oh, and I'm also a 15mm miniature wargamer. My other hobbies include cooking, baking, herping (i.e. observing reptiles in the wild - Israel has an abundance of them), reading (especially sci-fi) and writing.

Diamondfist

• Newb
« Reply #356 on: <05-05-12/1248:33> »
A warm welcome to everyone. I hope you enjoy Shadowrun and the other games you play. Have fun!
Why do people always wait so long before they go to their gorilla?

kRAYt

• Newb
« Reply #357 on: <05-22-12/1413:37> »
Greetings, chummers.

<-Fairly new to this site. Been a long standing member @ TheAmazonBasin for DiabloII (same handle, even). I've been a PnP RPG'er since D&D was 3 paper booklets in a little WHITE cardboard box, I've played about 80% of the RPG's published, and I remember grumbling when SR went to 2ndEd ("You mean we gotta buy the rulebook AGAIN!!???") I was running at the time... grumble, grumble, grumble.....

My current game-group is doing a Mutants&Masterminds campaign, but we've decided our next run will be in the Shadow's...

Looking forward to all the great interaction here, & hope to chat w/ y'all real soon.

BIO: Home/Birthplace; Florida, USA
         Age: 49, 50 in January [YES, I'm OLD! but I've gamed w/ older  :o ]
        Met my first wife at a game store, taught my kids how to play MTG, waiting to teach my grandkids how to play RPG's...
        Convinced my second wife into joining my D&D3.5 group for a year...

And very happy to be back in the shadows again.

now, how do I justify digging up Barnabas Collins AGAIN...

Phoenix8008

• Newb
« Reply #358 on: <05-24-12/0934:33> »
Greetings, chummers.

<-Fairly new to this site. Been a long standing member @ TheAmazonBasin for DiabloII (same handle, even). I've been a PnP RPG'er since D&D was 3 paper booklets in a little WHITE cardboard box, I've played about 80% of the RPG's published, and I remember grumbling when SR went to 2ndEd ("You mean we gotta buy the rulebook AGAIN!!???") I was running at the time... grumble, grumble, grumble.....

My current game-group is doing a Mutants&Masterminds campaign, but we've decided our next run will be in the Shadow's...

Looking forward to all the great interaction here, & hope to chat w/ y'all real soon.

BIO: Home/Birthplace; Florida, USA
         Age: 49, 50 in January [YES, I'm OLD! but I've gamed w/ older  :o ]
        Met my first wife at a game store, taught my kids how to play MTG, waiting to teach my grandkids how to play RPG's...
        Convinced my second wife into joining my D&D3.5 group for a year...

And very happy to be back in the shadows again.

now, how do I justify digging up Barnabas Collins AGAIN...
Hoi chummers!

quoting the above post from kRAYt, because he led me to this site. (Thank you very much) Mostly because we're in the same gaming group and the Shadowrun game we'll be getting into after the M&M campaign finishes is going to be co-GMed by the two of us. We're going to share duties creating adventures and share a character that we'll trade of playing while the other one runs an adventure.

I've played just a bit of SR4E back when it was new, but I've loved the universe since the Sega Genesis game and all the great paperback novels back in the 90's. Looking forward to going deeper into the shadows finally.  8)

... and who exactly is Barnabas Collins, kRAYt? Something I should know??  ???

kRAYt

• Newb
« Reply #359 on: <05-25-12/0854:34> »
Google "Dark Shadows", and try to ignore the shudder drek relating to Tim Burton & Johnny Depp.

Jonathan Frid FTW!

>edit: splelign.
« Last Edit: <05-25-12/0856:21> by kRAYt »