NEWS

Where are Aithne's Daughters?

• 6 Replies

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« on: <03-18-17/1412:43> »
Aithne Oakforest had two daughters, IIRC, but the only mention of them I can remember if from the Tir Tairngire sourcebook.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

lokii

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <03-18-17/1508:05> »
Of course he had a daughter in the Fourth World and might have had more before Tealla and Elleara. I don't know of any other mention of them, except of Elleara in this German NovaPuls issue: http://www.shadowrun5.de/fileadmin/downloads/offiziell/novapuls/novapuls-08.pdf (a monthly ingame publication by Pegasus) in an article about the new Pomoryan duke Irion Reanka:

Auch der pomoryanische Kriegsheld Donan McAffet sowie zahlreiche Personen des öffentlichen Lebens in Pomorya sprachen sich für Irions Vision des neuen Pomorya aus – nicht zuletzt Kurfürst Dragomir und daraufhin auch Ellara Oakforest, [sic] die zuvor noch energisch für die Wahl des populären Nichtelfen eingetreten war.

Seems Elleara was a vocal supporter of Dragomir as the new duke (who is popular but would have been a controversial choice as he is not an elf). When Dragomir himself supported Irion, she endorsed him too.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <03-19-17/0521:44> »
I came up with a version of Elleara Oakforest years ago, when the SR character builder was NSRCG. I made her an adept - this was pretty much before the Paths (Warrior, Athlete, Spirit, etc) - and kind of considered her a part-time shadowrunner. Never went anywhere, of course; it was pretty much an exercise in imagination.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <03-19-17/1636:46> »
Aithne's daughter in the Fourth World died with his wife when the Ritual of Thorns took hold. He also had two children with Aina in the Fourth World, who were torn apart and devoured by Yrsgrathe. I just haven't heard jack squat about his daughter's with Mealla since Glasgian's death.

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

lokii

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <03-20-17/1801:44> »
Right, I forgot about Aithne's first (?) wife. Did they have a daughter? The Blood Wood only mentions "children". Aina gave birth to two of Aithne's children, but she was only the biological mother of the girl, Lily.

I remember a rumour about a novel that would have portrayed the showdown between Aithne and Lofwyr in the 2060s, the story why they both left the Tír Council of Princes. Aithne's family might have made another appearance. But if you think about it after the Tír Tairngire sourcebook Aithne got very little attention, compared to say Ehran.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <03-20-17/1829:02> »
Right, I forgot about Aithne's first (?) wife. Did they have a daughter? The Blood Wood only mentions "children". Aina gave birth to two of Aithne's children, but she was only the biological mother of the girl, Lily.

I remember a rumour about a novel that would have portrayed the showdown between Aithne and Lofwyr in the 2060s, the story why they both left the Tír Council of Princes. Aithne's family might have made another appearance. But if you think about it after the Tír Tairngire sourcebook Aithne got very little attention, compared to say Ehran.

I know Aithne had a wife and very young child when the Wyrm Wood kaer began to fail. The Ritual of Thorns killed them both.

AFAIK, the Ritual of Thorns was never reversed, but went away during the Fifth World downcycle due to the lack of mana.

Sascha Morlok

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <04-18-17/2349:13> »
Of course he had a daughter in the Fourth World and might have had more before Tealla and Elleara. I don't know of any other mention of them, except of Elleara in this German NovaPuls issue: http://www.shadowrun5.de/fileadmin/downloads/offiziell/novapuls/novapuls-08.pdf (a monthly ingame publication by Pegasus) in an article about the new Pomoryan duke Irion Reanka:

Auch der pomoryanische Kriegsheld Donan McAffet sowie zahlreiche Personen des öffentlichen Lebens in Pomorya sprachen sich für Irions Vision des neuen Pomorya aus – nicht zuletzt Kurfürst Dragomir und daraufhin auch Ellara Oakforest, [sic] die zuvor noch energisch für die Wahl des populären Nichtelfen eingetreten war.

Seems Elleara was a vocal supporter of Dragomir as the new duke (who is popular but would have been a controversial choice as he is not an elf). When Dragomir himself supported Irion, she endorsed him too.

She was first mentioned in the German addon of Clutch of the Dragon, that she and her father now live in Pomorya (briefly mentioned in Market Panic S-K chapter).
German Freelancer for Pegasus Spiele
Wrote the S-K chapter of Market Panic and Power Plays