NEWS

Fantastic Non-SR Shadowrunesque Art Thread

• 2184 Replies

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #660 on: <06-22-12/1843:27> »
Not really Glor, use 'em like tonfas that also stab people. If you're specifically trained with it, anything is useful in a fight.

One thing private security had taught me, against a melee weapon, a good unarmed combatant wins. Weapons make you forget you have other ways to attack.

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #661 on: <06-22-12/1900:20> »
We have been entirely too long with out new pics!!! Here!  ;)

Here's a big bruiser for ya.

And maybe some of his weapons...... hmmm

give him some over sized lower teeth and this guy would make a good ork.

Ahh, look that's where the paydata is!

Now some magical stuffs.
A funky book for your PC's...

Annnnd, what happens when they read it.......... :-\
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Glorthoron

• Omae
« Reply #662 on: <06-22-12/1925:06> »
Not really Glor, use 'em like tonfas that also stab people. If you're specifically trained with it, anything is useful in a fight.

You can't use them as a tonfa, because these blades are strapped to the arm and they are limited to the maneuvaribilty of the forearm, which is very little. 

Gimme a shinai (made of bamboo) over these steel blades anyday.

Unless of course you are going up against a zombie, then both are useless.  You might think the blades are handy; however, since they are strapped to your arm, they would be your death sentence if one gets stuck in a zombie's body.

"It's not enough to complain.  You have to want to be part of the solution."

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #663 on: <06-22-12/2153:53> »
That is why my melee weapon of choice for the zombie apocalypse is an aluminum (not wood) baseball bat. Good in close quarters, even if it gets bent it is still effective, and it doesn't get stuck in zombie skulls or door frames like a sword might.

However, while the arm blades with the straps like you see there are less useful in a fight against an unarmed foe, they do have potential in a fight with another person armed with bladed weapons. Though I would prefer the blades from the movie Bloodrayne, which actually were like bladed tonfas.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #664 on: <06-22-12/2205:40> »
God. I hope so I really don't wanna know what the hell is up with that tube............. Especially since that appears to be a male, whateverthehell that is.  :o
Like a living Discipline Helmet, a la BDSM.

No, you are not allowed to ask how I know that.  :(
Fifty Shades of Grey?
Some people speak from experience.
Next time you're down on your knees, and you're expecting a slap, it might be me in that mask, and I just might have a bat.
Currently Looking for Work

Glorthoron

• Omae
« Reply #665 on: <06-22-12/2239:03> »
That is why my melee weapon of choice for the zombie apocalypse is an aluminum (not wood) baseball bat. Good in close quarters, even if it gets bent it is still effective, and it doesn't get stuck in zombie skulls or door frames like a sword might.

However, while the arm blades with the straps like you see there are less useful in a fight against an unarmed foe, they do have potential in a fight with another person armed with bladed weapons. Though I would prefer the blades from the movie Bloodrayne, which actually were like bladed tonfas.

The basedball bat would be good against one or two zombie at a time, but it would probably take too many blows to the head to destroy the brain before others were to grab you.  And depending on how the bat bent, it could become quite useless as well.  A katana, properly sharpened and wielded by someone who knows what they are doing, would never get stuck.  In Kendo, we learned that there are three points in the human skull that, if hit at the proper angle. will cut through without getting stuck.  Also, Katanas are very, very, sharp.   Just ask the american soldiers in the second world war who tried to block a katana swing with their M1 Garand.  Cut right through the gun, and the soldier.

The best strategy, of course, would be to have several different types of weapons to deal with the situation.  Just make sure that includes a pistol with one round in the chamber.  Just in case you get over run.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #666 on: <06-22-12/2248:14> »
And those were cheap knock-off Katanas.  The ones made by actual sword masters were even sharper.

Japanese:  Bad iron, good metallurgy!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Glorthoron

• Omae
« Reply #667 on: <06-22-12/2255:02> »
And those were cheap knock-off Katanas.  The ones made by actual sword masters were even sharper.

Japanese:  Bad iron, good metallurgy!

Exactly

_Pax_

« Reply #668 on: <06-22-12/2309:35> »
God. I hope so I really don't wanna know what the hell is up with that tube............. Especially since that appears to be a male, whateverthehell that is.  :o
Like a living Discipline Helmet, a la BDSM.

No, you are not allowed to ask how I know that.  :(
Fifty Shades of Grey?
Some people speak from experience.
And others from Close Encounters of the Rule 34 kind.

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« Reply #669 on: <06-22-12/2312:43> »

A Technomancer Submerging her self

SmartGun system Online

« Last Edit: <06-23-12/0122:42> by Basic »
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« Reply #670 on: <06-22-12/2314:26> »
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #671 on: <06-23-12/1531:57> »
Squatter's Delight!

By:  RustyArm on dA.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« Reply #672 on: <06-24-12/0357:26> »

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« Reply #673 on: <06-24-12/0408:12> »

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« Reply #674 on: <06-24-12/0412:14> »

Looks like Chow and Abraham has hacked your sister again