• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #15 on: <06-25-12/1722:04> »
And if your players hose SnS, hit em with a great form air spirit

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <06-27-12/0314:05> »
Heh, with the wonky spirit rules, by RAW you can use stick-n-shock against an air spirit - or a flamethrower against a fire spirit.  :D

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #17 on: <06-27-12/0923:20> »
Indeed. Elementals are not immune to their element. Of course, against a spirit I would much rather have a weapon focus and/or a sustained [Energy] Aura spell, but that's just me.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #18 on: <06-27-12/1637:45> »
Heh, with the wonky spirit rules, by RAW you can use stick-n-shock against an air spirit - or a flamethrower against a fire spirit.  :D

My DnD must be sneaking into my Shadowrun, I'd always given them immunity based on how they manifested. Birdie-air types immune to sonic, stormy types electricity. Accidental houseruling I guess

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #19 on: <06-29-12/1152:07> »
This is one of those cases where unless it specifically has reasons it doesn't, house-ruling is the way to go. Just say you are pulling it from the fluff, and there isn't a hard and fast rule that an elemental DOESN'T have immunity from it's element, so the rule is that it does. It's from an elemental metaplane which is surrounded by the stuff. It shouldn't get hurt by it's home. That's be like humans getting hurt by... Well, bad example, as humans are rather susceptible to everything.
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <06-30-12/0239:50> »
You've kind of just explained exactly why I wouldn't be so sure that it was a mistake. Being made of something doesn't mean that it can't harm you. We're made of meat, but we probably wouldn't like getting hit by a side of beef.  ;D

It's possible that having a quantity of foreign material, even of the same element, forced through the material of the spirit disrupts the cohesion of it to some degree. A water elemental hit with a high-pressure hose might find the water it brought through from the metaplanes to make up its body getting scattered about, for instance.

Then again, it also doesn't really say anywhere that mundane fire/electricity/etc. gets to ignore Immunity to Normal Weapons unless it satisfies an Allergy. ITNW specifically says that it applies against attacks that are non-magical, and makes no exceptions for elemental effects; otherwise, water spirits wouldn't need to list "Fire" as an Allergy. The only advantage they would have would be that some of the elemental effects reduce armor by half, and ITNW is treated like armor.

Mythik

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <07-04-12/2107:09> »
Umm...  you said gilette.   Gilettes used to be melee razorboys.

Your best bet is to shun the blades.   Go with a taser instead.   AP-half goes a long way towards cuting through hardened.  (defiance EX is so good it really should be an exotic weapon... but roll with what you got).

I thought Gilettes were female street sammies. (Jill by name, Gilette razor by trade)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #22 on: <07-04-12/2114:40> »
I thought Gilettes were female street sammies. (Jill by name, Gilette razor by trade)
It used to.  It's been generalized since then.

Still not something you call a female street sammi without a Troll Tank to hide behind.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <07-05-12/0113:40> »
It used to.  It's been generalized since then.

Still not something you call a female street sammi without a Troll Tank to hide behind.

No...it will NEVE be generalized: Gillettes are female, blade using, spurs/handblade implanted, close-combat street sams.
Males are "razorboys." Tanks are heavily armoured street sams, usually with a BIG GUN.  And, of course, Street sam is
anything else.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #24 on: <07-05-12/0654:07> »
What Mara said.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #25 on: <07-06-12/0002:33> »
What Mara said.

Sidebar on Pg. 5 of the 20th Anniversary version of the 4E corebook. "Gillette - n. vulg. A female street samurai or razorgirl." Conversation about that is over. Every formal definition of that slang has always said female AFAIK. Moving on.
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

WellSpokenRunner

• Newb
  • Just a simple man trying to not get eaten by Lofyr
« Reply #26 on: <07-06-12/1418:21> »
On the topic, I'd use a LAW or a MAW to crack that armor.  Cheap and at -6AP it's a nice to break that hardened armor.  If your GM allows then do a called shot with flechette rounds into the wound. 
Alternately, pack a MGL-6 pistol grenade launcher with HE (-2) or White Phosphorus (-1/2) or load those War Hawks with AV rounds (-6 on hardened armor). 

_Pax_

« Reply #27 on: <07-06-12/1454:16> »
ITS Gonryu, with Monowire Grenades.  :)  "Hardened Armor?  I hadn't noticed, Sir!"

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #28 on: <07-07-12/0141:25> »
ITS Gonryu, with Monowire Grenades.  :)  "Hardened Armor?  I hadn't noticed, Sir!"

Or, better yet, the ITS Gonryu with the White Phosphorous. Same DV, better AP, better Blast Radius value, and less illegal. Also does 4 DV again every turn for 10 Combat Turns.

DV 44 per full-burst due to the overlapping explosion rules, and DV 22 every turn for 10 turns... and that's just one Full Burst. With 4 IPs you could stack the per-turn damage up to DV 88 by the time it "ticks" at the end of the turn.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

_Pax_

« Reply #29 on: <07-07-12/0347:56> »
<--- gets up, heads for the elevator, and presses the "B-100" button, to go retrieve his jaw from where it just fell.  :o