NEWS

My GenCon Wish List for MIssions

• 4 Replies

biotech66

• Omae
« on: <06-01-15/1322:42> »
I want something that I most likely can't have.

There are a bunch of really awesome missions out there that I can't play in Missions.  Pathfinder has longer adventures that they allow you to play and get larger than usual rewards for.  Any chance we can get that or something similar for the Battle of Manhattan, Splinter States and the like?
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #1 on: <06-01-15/2054:24> »
No, probably not.  There's a lot of factors as to why, but it basically boils down to the purpose of Missions (events playable in a single 4 hour game session), the focus of Missions, and the fact that unlike Pathfinder, we don't have levels and other guidelines to write around.  Shadowrun is MUCH more open ended than a level/class based rules set like D&D and Pathfinder, and this means that adventures end up all over the place in terms of power, difficulty, and rewards.  We have some fairly strict guidelines in place for Missions to help keep things at least somewhat even, but the other adventures don't follow these.

Hibiki54

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <06-02-15/2251:52> »
I believe Prime Missions are only available to Cons. Origins will have the first prime mission and maybe GenCon the 2nd?

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #3 on: <06-07-15/2248:55> »
It is planned to release Prime Missions for sale, just like regular Missions, and tehy will be available to CDT agents to run at local venues as well.

We're discussing Primes at the cons right now (or will be, once we all get home and recover from 5 days of long hours, no sleep, not much food, lots of talking, and complete exhaustion :)).  We may change up how we're handling those.

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <06-15-15/1056:40> »
I know we're not Pathfinder.  But some of the Pathfinder Society things I think would be awesome additions to Shadowrun Missions.  I'd love to have the option to join a faction in Chicago or anywhere the missions go.  Why not give a small sheet that provides faction goals like joining the Ancients or being a corporate wagemage for Aries?  If it gets you more contacts or some extra benefits for your whole team like the new PFS idea is something I know most of my Missions players would eat up with a spoon.

Also, for the larger missions, if you provides an update sheet that says what you can and can't keep from the mission, you'd get those out to stores and cons.  Taking a page from DnD Adventurers League, doing a All Access path for Origins or GenCon would be awesome.  For $100 bucks getting a guaranteed set of missions that run in order with a guaranteed spot would get some peoples interest.  DnD sells them out within minutes of their posting at GenCon.  It's worth a thought.
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral