• 5046 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1335 on: <05-13-15/0931:39> »
Solo took a micro camera.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1336 on: <05-13-15/1559:48> »
Thanks man no wonder I couldn't find it hope aria doesn't mind holding my hand a little on this run...
Not a problem
Thanks for the welcome, Adamu. I'm glad to be here.
I admit I'm not necessarily accustomed to the "rainbow post", but when I played a 4e PbP on another forum we simply used a format like this:
"I'm saying something."
"I'm thinking something."
<< I'm messaging someone >>
I'm explaining something out-of-character.

But I'm open to any schema Aria might arbitrate.

I'm trying to catch up on the IC now (which is what made me mention the standard formatting thing).
As long as it's fairly clear I've no problem with whatever scheme you choose - I don't want to enforce one on anyone as each have their favourites!  OoC stuff in the IC thread I'd prefer to be in spoiler tags though please!

@All: Great job on the IC so far!  I promise to give more IC input once the action really kicks off!

Just a note on active spells / spirit powers - if you go through a ward there'll be trouble!  Just sayin  :o
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #1337 on: <05-13-15/1649:52> »
@ Aria so where would I be set up for the best pursuit takedown? If you want I'll make a check. But on my phone I can't roll so would you mind?
"Speech" Matrix Thought Astral

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1338 on: <05-13-15/1658:30> »
I'm aware of the barrier issue. That's why my next purchase will be:

Qi-Focus Force 4 (Astral Perception) (8 Karma + 12000NY)
Assensing 1 (1 Karma)

With a bit of edge, Isaint hopefully will be able to pass undetected through the barrier
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #1339 on: <05-14-15/0051:44> »
@ Jack Thanks for the tips with the roller and with the spirit, It sounds awesome :D

but i wasn't sure about sending in the spirit with Saint. I knew a spirit would set a ward off but i wasn't sure about the spell, that's good to know though :)
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1340 on: <05-14-15/0817:02> »
@ Aria so where would I be set up for the best pursuit takedown? If you want I'll make a check. But on my phone I can't roll so would you mind?
The Woodstock road heading north is your best bet for a quick escape route so anything overlooking that is probably a good idea.  A room in the Royal Oak has views on the front of the Maths institute and a clear view of the road.  For elevation though the Radcliffe Observatory shows the back door of the institute.  I'm trying to sort out a Google Maps overlay but struggling with the new way of doing things...will get back to you on that one!

Aria

• Ace Runner

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #1342 on: <05-14-15/1109:57> »
Ill head up to the observatory and set up the terracotta running stealthily and trying to be observant so i dont get jumped.gear: chameleon suit with thermal damp 6 Ballistic mask with electro chromatic mod, gecko gloves, one monofilament garrote,2 ares predator V w/ personalized grip and Quickdraw holsters grappling gun with 400m microwire lastly rappelling gloves,

Idk how you would want duke to join i dont want to confuse the ones already doing there thing
« Last Edit: <05-14-15/1122:56> by zeththeadeptork »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1343 on: <05-14-15/1631:17> »
@zeththeadeptork

At the moment you are in the exact spot, I'd expect the opposition to set up shop, so there should be an announcement or the chance of friendly fire goes way up... ;)

@Aria

How strong is the lock and the ward at the institute? I assume it's after hours and they are closed up already.
Also, I assume from the rules, that an unsuccessful careful attempt to press through won't dispell the invisibility, but instead prevent me from gaining access. I explicitly do not want to brute force my way through.
« Last Edit: <05-14-15/1638:19> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #1344 on: <05-14-15/1635:43> »
Like I said I want to go up stealthily and carefully so I can get the drop on them not the other way around I have auditory  specialization on perception so I figure listening while moving carefully I can surprise the opp and take em out quickly and quitely hence the garrote.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1345 on: <05-14-15/1748:22> »
Ok folks, we’re nearly out of the planning stage and into the ‘oh shit…what just happened?’ phase!

Can I just confirm a couple of points with you so that I’ve got a handle on your starting locations?

Edit: I'll respond to the last three OoC posts tomorrow... :P

Main Team

1.       What are you doing about transport?  As noted previously Oxford is conspicuous for its lack of vehicles!  Hanging around in a van, particularly at this time of night, is going to spark excessive interest from the cops.  Bikes are less of an issue as they can be parked more easily and potentially concealed.  Of course illusion spells work too but make you stand out on the astral!  There are various parking hubs further out from the centre but even in 2015 parking is a nightmare in Oxford!

2.       You’ve got an on-site observer(s) in either the Royal Oak pub or the Observatory – which?  Or both?  Bear in mind that the rival team is likely to have the same ideas as you about vantage points as the views are fairly restricted…

Wife Team

3.       You’ve snagged yourselves a guest pass so you can park in the dedicated areas for the Randolph – lucky you!  If you chose this option though expect to be scanned coming in and out!

4.       You can of course pull a car up outside the hotel as you leave and a kindly bell hop will even assist you with any luggage!  As nobody has taken me up on the offer of extra transport, Art could provide you with a ‘nice car’ for the purposes of blending in here.

5.       What weapons (if any) and other restricted gear are you going to try and sneak in?  Remember that the UK is rabidly anti-gun and you need a damn good reason to have one.  Even corp bodyguards will tend towards tasers or weapons that will ‘only’ fire SnS.

Kids Team

6.       Parking less of a problem out here, there are sides streets etc you can park on with a faked residents permit (provided by Mr J)

All

7.       Can you confirm what kind of surveillance you are currently using at each location, and when did you start/stop surveillance?  Is Daddy still hanging out in the astral until you go in?  If so, whereabouts?

8.       I am assuming timeframe goes something like this: team 2 enter Randolph, team 1 go into the Institute, team 2 contact the wife, team 3 go in after the kids – but feel free to amend if your plans say otherwise!
« Last Edit: <05-14-15/1750:36> by Aria »

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1346 on: <05-14-15/1925:35> »
That looks like it to me, Aria. And team 2 will request the fancy car, if nothing than to help for the diversion ;)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

adamu

« Reply #1347 on: <05-14-15/1953:16> »
@Aria

Question 1 on vehicles:

Right now we are all parked "behind Saint Anne's college", let us know if we feel we need to move from there…

The earlier blueprints you sent us showed parking under the institute, and an entrance off Woodstock Road. And by the size of it, I had assume Woodstock Road was open to vehicular traffic. So I had been thinking - if the team is up for it - that we might take the van in, with Snow doing his computery magic on gates and cameras. 

Beats hiking in and then trying to make a getaway on foot with our target!!!

We could drop Show's Americar and Al's BMW off at legal parking spaces with overhead cover (trees, parking structure) along our route, in case we need to make a switch.

GM let me know if that looks doable, and team let me know if it's a problem.

Question 2 re. overwatch: Al and Spike are just watching the trancers, but I think our overwatch is currently being covered by Zeth up at the observatory, who also appears to be taking good care to not share his hide with any of our rivals!
Zeth buddy, Johnson told us to expect help, and I would guess he gave you our commcodes - I agree with Jack you should introduce yourself!

Question 7: For primary team, Zeth's character on physical overwatch, Al and Spike currently watching vehicles and trancers. Daddy already scouted astrally, but now is back in his meat and has been for a while. Not sure what he's doing with the spirit his summoning right now.
Snow scouted matrix-wise, but is not doing so now (being on BTLs).
Isaint doing a physical recon at this moment.
(Once he's gone about five minutes, Al will try to get Snow up, get the cars positioned, and have us all in the van as close to the underground entrance as possible - we want to be ready to move fast if Isaint gets into trouble while alone.)

Question 8: sounds right to me, if everything goes to plan…yeah, silly I know, but I'm a dreamer.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1348 on: <05-14-15/2032:49> »
For Our team (Kid team), afaik, we're not really doing any surveillance beyond a few microcameras around the car to prevent people from sneaking up on us. Waiting a bit on crossbow getting caught up and posting in, since his last post was still in the first meet.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #1349 on: <05-14-15/2148:54> »
At the moment daddy summoned another spirit just for a little extra security, we are already outnumbered and one to conceal the team while the bounds cause problems or vice versa seemed like a good idea
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin