NEWS

Errata: Nexus/Nexi

• 4 Replies

Ultra Violet

• Omae
  • Child of the Matrix
« on: <11-06-10/0559:53> »
The Nexus rules are buggy as hell. The main question is: how it works?
The rules and Examples of Nexus Nodes on p. 50 (Unwired) don't fit the Matrix Gear Pre-packaged Nexi on p. 196 and p. 198 (look at the Persona Limit). And then comes the SR4A and shakes this buggy rule set again, hard.
On p. 223 it says: Nexi have larger processor limits (System x3).
That changes everything, the whole rules and examples are now incorrect. And the sentence: Nexi have a minimum processor limit of 10 and a maximum of 50. (see Unwired p. 50) don't make any sense anymore.
Luckily for all SR players Nexi are used in many official adventures, so nearly every GM will trip over that one day or other...

Since the SR4A the new limits are:

Persona Limit: (System x3)
Processor Limit: (System x3)
Response: 1-6+
Signal: 1-6+
System: 1-6+
Firewall: 1-6+

... and every Example or Pre-packaged Nexus has to be changed completely (Persona and Processor Limits and their costs)!
« Last Edit: <11-06-10/0620:21> by Ultra Violet »

Ultra Violet

• Omae
  • Child of the Matrix
« Reply #1 on: <12-25-10/1949:01> »
Yeah, "War!" opens a new chapter on Nexus, but since they used the old "unchanged" rules as base for the new rules, there is a consequential error integrated.
What a pitty. ::)

Chaemera

• Omae
  • I may be a mouse, but I have a chainsaw.
« Reply #2 on: <12-25-10/2011:31> »
It doesn't help the basic giant pile of confusion you point out, UV, but regarding the pre-packaged Nexi, I always kind of assumed they were like Standard Upgrades on vehicles, they get a free pass because the dev team says so / they were "specially programmed" to fit those specifications.

Yeah, it's a cop-out, but it works. I guess.
SR20A Limited Edition # 124
Obsidian Portal Profile: http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/chaemera

Xylifrost

« Reply #3 on: <01-06-11/0911:52> »
There were a few typos in the game like this. Did you do the math or are you going by the game's description?

Xylifrost

« Reply #4 on: <01-09-11/2118:30> »
Like a FAQ? That's another interesting idea. The Makai Kingdom errata really could've used something like that...