NEWS

Bismark, ND UCAS

• 3 Replies

LFG

• Newb
« on: <02-01-11/0159:48> »
What a topic right?

Starting up a new campaign with some existing and new players.  Figured I'd see if any other GMs have worked up background for Bismark, North Dakota.   As a UCAS / NAN boarder city, figured it could prove interesting.

Coldbringer

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <02-03-11/1145:20> »
I played in a game, many years ago set in that area, all the PCs were NAN border and customs agents that went after smugglers.  Lots of car chasses at high speeds and the like, saddly the game did not last all that long.
http://veggeek.wordpress.com
Gaming, pop culture and what not.

Coldbringer

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <02-03-11/2149:27> »
More thoughts: bio-fuels, and espionage corp and otherwise since its all agriculture, and a lot of sunflowers and other crops that are good for bio-fuels. Or GMO crops.

@LFG Have  you been to the Dakotas?
http://veggeek.wordpress.com
Gaming, pop culture and what not.

Wayfinder

• Newb
  • fraggin fragged frag
« Reply #3 on: <02-04-11/2000:10> »
I live in Bismarck. If your looking for plot devices, three things come to mind. First is energy. The largest oil deposit in North America is located just to the northwest of Bismarck on the Sioux side of the border. Also there is most of the unrecovered coal in the country and electrical plants. Second is transportation. Seattle is still part of the UCAS and the only land connection to it runs through here. Rail and Highway the rout to seattle is through Bismarck. Third is the vast open spaces. Currently the total population of the state is less than half a million, and most of that is centered along the Minnesota border. Add on the removal of all us pale faces from the west half of the state and you have a great place for that super secret research facility.

Bismarck currently has about 75000 in population and I'm not sure that number would change much by 2070. So one thing to keep in mind is the small town mentality. Not much is going to go on without the neighbor knowing about it. I represent this with a higher rate of public awareness aqnd street cred. I also give my players the home ground edge as an equalizer. well as long as their character is a local.

Any other questions I can answer just ask, I'm happy to help.