NEWS

Liers, Guns & Plasteel 7

• 3 Replies

Morg

« on: <01-11-11/0831:55> »
Through theft, bargaining, intimation & hacking some shipments, my runners have created a personal weapons facility in glow city.
They plan for the next few runs to steal the plans and electronics they need to assemble their favorite guns, that is when a light bulb goes on and the ork face/gunslinger says "hey why don't we make knock offs and sell them cheap street side" so then I ask the group where they are going to get material to mill the guns themselves and still keep it on the down low that is when the  elven hacker/chemist said "Lets use plasteel 7 it is cheaper then using normal materials and we can get it the excises that the corps dumped after they learned it was flaw" and the PCs contacted the Scroungers in the rats nest for large amounts of Plasteel 7

and that is when they ask me how much of a savings they will get.

I like the trouble they are getting themselves into with this plan so I do want to give them a savings on the Plasteel 7 idea,
any suggestions for how much it would cut the cost I was thinking 30%.

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <01-13-11/0703:41> »
The only equivalent rules here are for making your own commlink components, where the parts cost half as much as the finished product.

Don't forget, though, that the corps whose weapons they're knocking off may get rather shirty about this.
Also, local arms dealers and weapon smugglers might take offense.
And if the runners are using inferior materials, their weapons might have hilarious flaws that mean that users get angry too.

Lots of fun all round  ;)
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

CyberNed

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-15-11/0255:08> »
oh jeez oh man! One question. Are they really serious about this? Hopefully they've got some incredible 'get out of town quick as hell' backup plans in place, because it sounds like they're out to piss off pretty much every illicit (and licit) organization in Seattle!
"Hi, I'm TV's Cyberned. You might remember me from such Exciting shadowruns as 'BTL? WTF!' and 'One, Two, Three, Four, I Declare a Gang War'...

Morg

« Reply #3 on: <01-15-11/0858:35> »
oh jeez oh man! One question. Are they really serious about this? Hopefully they've got some incredible 'get out of town quick as hell' backup plans in place, because it sounds like they're out to piss off pretty much every illicit (and licit) organization in Seattle!

They just did a run in Detroit (a.k.a Ares Land) in order to steal the factory specs for the ares alpha combat gun and the ares predator IV, their planing on the first production run next game I got some inspiration from the old drone pdf for the low quality versions they are making they plan on selling to the crimson crush, the red hot nukes, and the Halloweener.

The Detroit run cost the sammie an arm and the rigger a leg literally. The two things I can count on my group to do is to make their own work and to lose limbs in the aftermath of said work. I incorporated the optional critical wound rules to slow them down a bit the moment I picked up arsenal it limited the crazier schemes (FYI this is one of the tamer schemes they came up with)