NEWS

[SR5] Cutting Aces

• 23 Replies

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #15 on: <04-03-17/1119:02> »
Has the dead trees version come out yet?  (Haven't seen it in my local store, but it could have come in and sold out or whatever)

Yes.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <04-03-17/1703:16> »
Am I the only one that is disappointed with all the books being soft-cover? Now my collection doesn't match.

Plus the soft-cover is so much more easily damaged. It just doesn't seem worth the $5-10 priced difference.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #17 on: <04-03-17/1741:56> »
Am I the only one that is disappointed with all the books being soft-cover? Now my collection doesn't match.

Plus the soft-cover is so much more easily damaged. It just doesn't seem worth the $5-10 priced difference.

Other than the CRB, I'm happy to save a few bucks.  Maybe I don't use the other books as much, but I still have my SR1/2 era (soft cover) Sprawl Sites and Seattle books, and both are in good shape still.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <04-03-17/1806:19> »
I found a copy of Cutting Aces on the shelf of my Game Store that already had creased corners on the cover. It hadn't even been used yet.

For $5, having that be a hard-cover seems like a good trade to me. Plus, like I pointed out before, the soft-cover doesn't line up the same way on a bookshelf with all of the hard-covers that are already out. Changing cover types in the middle of the line just seems weird and frustration-inducing.

I liked being able to have all my books lined up, nice and neat on my shelf. Now I can't do that.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #19 on: <04-07-17/1011:52> »
The PDFs line up just nicely in my SR folder, so I don't care about the dead tree format. ;)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

bull30548

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <04-16-17/1157:19> »
I don't mind the soft covers that much makes me remember the 3rd edition days which is cool.  Anyway my question involves the fact I am seeing reprints now of other books and are these just reprints or is errata in these?    I am just curious as to I would prefer just waiting on the errata reprints as I bought the original hardcovers of all the other books and see no need to replace them except maybe to get the new cover art variant.  Also if there are going to be errata'd reprints can I  expect variant art cover for those or will it stay the same?
GM Guy
Catalyst Game Labs Agent

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <04-16-17/1533:58> »
Most of reprints do have errata incorporated, though there are some exceptions (Street Grimoire, IIRC).

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #22 on: <05-08-17/1001:31> »
Run Faster also has pretty extensive errata in the reprint. I'm working on improving that record, but a lot of it isn't up to me.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <05-08-17/1502:02> »
Thanks Patrick, missed that. Much appreciated!