NEWS

Aaaaaaand we're back

• 158 Replies

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #90 on: <01-25-18/0744:45> »
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #91 on: <01-25-18/2134:32> »
"Let me go get a flashlight so I can see if the computer got unplugged, because the power's out."

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #92 on: <01-28-18/1718:27> »

I'm fairly certain that's what they've been doing with the forums for the last couple years.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #93 on: <01-29-18/0325:38> »
I'm fairly certain that's what they've been doing with the forums for the last couple years.

It was intended to be an answer to ShadowcatX
I have the text, the avatars, and the buttons, and the shadowrun logo at the top, and that's it. There's basically no layout, there's no color. It would seem that it is my computer, however. Time to clear that cache. My apologies, I just automatically blamed the website without testing it.

But indeed it seems the forums have been turned off more than enough to rule out this as a potential solution...
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #94 on: <01-29-18/0624:11> »
Im happy it’s stabile again. Now if people could only return ...
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

adzling

« Reply #95 on: <01-29-18/1346:56> »
i hope people return as well but im not betting on it.

most of what remains of the online community seems to have transitioned to reddit for obvious reasons.

i think catalyst lost their chance on this one (the "news" at the top of this site is still offering notifications for 4e stuff ffs).

legionof1

• Newb
« Reply #96 on: <01-29-18/1426:15> »

Ackkk begone ye tempter of fate. *knocks on wood*

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #97 on: <01-29-18/1542:45> »
Why did you invoke Murphy?

My Characters

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #98 on: <01-29-18/1703:39> »
Murphy ain’t that bad once you expect him
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #99 on: <01-30-18/0701:04> »
It seems like the spoiler tags got lost in the aether again though, or weren't strong enough to make the trek out of the underworld with the rest of the website.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #100 on: <01-30-18/0726:24> »
Murphy ain’t that bad once you expect him
That's Anonymous.

My Characters

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #101 on: <01-30-18/0757:32> »

most of what remains of the online community seems to have transitioned to reddit for obvious reasons.

i think catalyst lost their chance on this one (the "news" at the top of this site is still offering notifications for 4e stuff ffs).
And yet, over 125+ new members to the forums in the past week.

As for the News... I've removed it. I'll admit it got pushed to the back burner, but I'll see about new updates.

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #102 on: <01-30-18/0903:38> »

As for the News... I've removed it. I'll admit it got pushed to the back burner, but I'll see about new updates.

New members don't mean people are coming back, it means new people who don't know how bad the forums have been are coming in. In a way, that's better, they are a blank slate and a chance to do things right.

RuleLawyer

• Newb
« Reply #103 on: <01-31-18/2032:03> »
Half of those new members (I'm exaggerating) are probably *me* trying to create an account but could never get validated because the account didn't receive a Validation Email no matter how many times I requested that a Validation Email get resent. For the first few days I assumed your Forum was unable to send Email (an assumption based on comments about it's stability). But eventually I realized it was because comcast.net throws away Email from the forum because you've shared an IP address with a spammer too often. I created this login using a non-comcast Email address and received the validation Email the first time so this is my first post. Wheee.

I found no way to communicate with the forum about lack of Validation email without having a validated account.

You might want to check how many of those 125 are still unvalidated after a week.

I'm glad we're back.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #104 on: <02-03-18/1041:45> »
"Let me go get a flashlight so I can see if the computer got unplugged, because the power's out."
Don't laugh, I've had that call.  They also had to go outside because the computer was plugged into a electrical plug outside for some reason.  Then they said they'd "get that guy" to check it out and I was happy to never have to talk to them ever again.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11