NEWS

SR5 Season 5 "Hot Patch Errata v1.0"

• 56 Replies

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <08-08-13/1255:50> »
Thanks Ze. That's about the level of accuracy I thought I was getting.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <08-08-13/1315:41> »
So if the bonus isn't worth the penalty, you can just turn the power off.
Actually you can't, not unless the errata adds that in.
Also why should have i bothered to go get the quaote first time, the errata is clear on the matter(i only did because crunchs personal attack annoyed me enought)
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <08-08-13/1317:14> »
Many of the powers have to be activated to be "turned on", so you can definately turn off at least some powers.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <08-08-13/1324:05> »
Many of the powers have to be activated to be "turned on", so you can definately turn off at least some powers.
6 powers need to be activated to get their benefit, but the rest of them are always on.
There's no mention of turning intrinsic powers on or off.

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <08-08-13/1329:35> »
Bull would seem to disagree with you, in the section of the quote you conveniently omitted.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <08-08-13/1342:02> »
Bull would seem to disagree with you, in the section of the quote you conveniently omitted.
You mean the part right before the part that says it should be mentioned in the book.
Bull is mostly reffering to older editions.

Also that part had nothing to do with the topic, so why would i include the whole post(seriously could you stop with them damm personal attacks)

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <08-08-13/1349:17> »
That's not a personal attack. Its an observation of behavior.

And frankly I'd ask you to drop the repested accusation. At some point the repeated accusation that I'm attacking you by disagreeing with you and asking for confirmation becomes an attack itself.
« Last Edit: <08-08-13/1353:14> by Crunch »

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #22 on: <08-08-13/1359:10> »
Guys.  Chill.

1)  You can take negatives higher than bonuses you get.

2)  You CAN choose to not use (i.e., turn off) your powers.

3)  If there is a dice pool that is benefiting from an Adept power or magical spell in any way, you take a dice pool penalty.

4)  If there is no dice pool associated (i.e., initiative rolls), the rules don't cover that.  My gut says Initiative would just take a flat penalty, but for now don't worry about it, it'll be addressed in the final version of these.  For now (and for Missions) just let it slide.  unless you're in a Mana Void or Flux (BGC 13+), in which case you start taking damage.

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <08-08-13/1400:55> »
Thank you Bull.

martinchaen

« Reply #24 on: <09-16-13/1051:57> »
Probably not on your radar, Bull, but there's no such thing as fluxuate; this should likely be replaced with "fluctuate" in the sentence "The  count  will  fluxuate  wildly  at  times".

Tacitus05

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <09-27-13/0425:54> »
I know this has been discussed in other forums about House rules, but for Missions....
Is there any discussion about errata in missions for grenades or AOE spells? they seem horribly overpowered, and I think would eventually cause every SRM player to carry a grenade launcher or chuck AOE spells in any combat. I know I would hate to see that, and as well as turn off new players who would not be happy to see their characters die or be unconscious to one grenade.

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #26 on: <09-27-13/0707:30> »
I'd think about (as a house rule or a suggestion) allowing targets to take a Dodge interrupt action (p. 168), with the -2 modifier for being targeted by an area-effect attack (p. 190), except that it wouldn't stage down the attacker's hits but it would allow the target to make an "emergency move action" that moves him/her away from the explosion point a distance of 1 meter per hit.  It still costs -5 initiative score (like any Dodge interrupt), lasts only for that attack, and it's still likely that the target will take some damage unless he/she has a large defense dice pool.

On the other hand, grenades and area spells are supposed to be dangerous, and SR4 didn't really capture that as much.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <09-27-13/1027:11> »
Here's the link to Aaron's "offical" post about grenades and Indirect AOE spells:

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=11514.msg238426#msg238426
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #28 on: <09-28-13/0124:39> »
At some point, Missions will have to address the issue.  Either you have several people leave the campaign as a result of too many TPKs, or people start relentlessly abusing grenades and indirect AoE spells to break modules.

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <09-28-13/1048:50> »
I think you'll see both.  The people who get sick of seeing every gunfight devolve into everyone spread out, huddled behind cover, blindly hurling massive AOE damage will bolt.  The ones who recognize that what's good for the goose is good for the gander will spam semi-auto bursts from their MGL-12s and vaporize any foes foolish enough to stand with 10m of their battle buddy.