• Prime Runner
« Reply #705 on: <06-18-17/1437:51> »
[spoiler]Good to have you back  :D

Alright: Leggio attempts a Nervestrike vs. Krestov's Agility
Nervestrike: 14d6t5 3

When you attack him:
Defense: 12d6t5 4

[/spoiler]

The man's attack was quite graceful, but he underestimated both Krestov's agility and his reach. A quick exchange of blocks and Leggio found himself pushed back, stumbling. He caught himself just before he left the circle of the mats.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Qwikfix

« Reply #706 on: <06-26-17/1137:37> »
Krestov maintained a calm and in control.presence as he countered, the expertly timed attack from his opponent deflected into the shoving kick he returned.  As the man slid to the edge of the mat, the troll sprung forward with surprising ease,  his body twisting into a powerful roundhouse that stopped just short of the target's face....a clear indication of a victory should Krestov have followed through..
[spoiler]should clarify that the martial arts techniqur Counterstrike doesn't give the attacker a defense roll.
 Rather, the attacker and counterer simply roll opposing unarmed pools, the greater of the two rolls granting the attack with net hits as normal.

Being said, following up counter with a full kick, touching only, no damage given  (except maybe pride)

Unarmed: 12d6t5 7 [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <06-26-17/1139:10> by Qwikfix »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #707 on: <06-26-17/1313:42> »
Leggio found himself facing the trolls large boot just millimeters away from his face. With a deliberate step, he left the circle and bowed.
"That was pretty remarkable - and as much as it pains me, I have to admit that you are probably above my ability to counter you in a fair hand to hand fight."
There was a slightly muffled giggle from the black haired female guard.
Leggio frowned and continued. "That was a remarkable bit of control on your part  - where did you learn that?"
[spoiler]
Sorry, I wasn't clear about that: The defense roll was for your subsequent attack since counterstrike was your reaction and the pass does not end until all participants have had their action.

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #708 on: <06-26-17/1351:11> »
(Any love for Anna's smalltalk with the health bar girl?)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #709 on: <06-26-17/1649:30> »
Anna swims a for a while and then heads to the health bar and orders a smoothie "So, is there anything interesting today?" she asks the bored girl as she casually places her meticulessly painted and well groomed nails on the counter.

"Not really. The usual beefcakes don't show up to train until the pretty girls come in and those don't come in before the pedicure ladies come in.
Do you want a smoothy? We've got real strawberries and kiwis.
Anyway, you could probably go over and watch the security guys train, but they only do the boring stuff with falling and standing up again and again."
The girl replied.
talk think matrix

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #710 on: <07-11-17/1201:29> »
As the fight wound down, one of the female guards came over for a chat with Slobbertooth, clearly interested in a job.
The chat revealed that Ramirez was utterly loyal to Zola - and likely bound to him through some kind of blood oath. Kynos on the other hand was in bad standing with both his colleague and the guards, having hospitalized one of their number. Her conclusion was that Zola would likely get rid of the elf at some time - and likely in a permanent fashion if it was up to Ramirez. Of the mage in the hotel they didn't speak.
Now the guards were going to the local shooting stand - and the guard invited the two to join them for a bit of target practice.

Anna had no trouble finding the guards and observed them packing up and moving towards their shooting gear.
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #711 on: <07-13-17/1046:09> »
Slobber followed the guards downstairs to the range under the pretense of observing their performance.

"So which one of you is the best marksman, and how much better are you than Ramirez or Kynos?"

He refrained from revealing he was armed with a Ruger. If invited he'll use one of their weapons.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #712 on: <07-13-17/1218:05> »
Shanita laughed: "Yeah, honest to god - you can't beat that elf or Ramirez. At least no-one from our team has managed that yet. Kynos is cybered up to the gills and Ramirez is an initiated adept. Leggio is our best shooter by far, but even he can't match Ramirez with pistols or Kynos with automatics."

The team began handing out ear protection and glasses, while Leggio opened a weapon safe, so the security people could fetch their own weapons. Slobber noted that they all used Brownings with laser sights.
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #713 on: <07-16-17/1220:04> »
"I see your employers decided to skimp on giving you Savelettes or Predators"

"I imagine that they're similarly 'cost-efficient' with your ammunition?"
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #714 on: <07-16-17/1359:27> »
"Hah, you have no idea - or probably you do. But to be honest, I like the Browning. It's reliable and you can use it without having to rely on wireless on stuff. Good friend of mine got his gun hacked mid draw. Lost two fingers. For emergencies we can access our armory. There are a lot more effective guns inside. But the NAN weapon rules forbid us from patrolling with them - openly. I don't mind. The HAR is pretty heavy to lug around and once you actually shoot someone it's an endless hassle with the authorities."

She put on her ear protection and began shooting at a small target at 30m distance. Slobber realized that she wasn't a bad shooter, but used a stance a competitive shooter would use rather than someone who actually has had to stand their ground in a real fire fight.
« Last Edit: <07-17-17/0043:31> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #715 on: <07-16-17/1923:28> »
[spoiler]FAL? Can't find it. Might be another one of my moments of selective blindness.

If necessary Slobber makes a check Knowledge (Firearms): 9d6t5 4[/spoiler]

*oh right, those don't work anymore :/
« Last Edit: <07-16-17/2015:52> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #716 on: <07-17-17/0829:11> »
"When has your shift ever had to use your rifles here?

"Was it one bullet or two that got lawyers swarming all over the place?"
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #717 on: <07-17-17/0932:08> »
"Two years ago some freak tried to rob the bank by hexing his way through the concrete foundation. He had some high level bound spirits with him, so Leggio decided to bring out the big guns. It took two full magazines to bring him down. Afterwards the NAN reps came to investigate, took away the weapons and closed down the bank for a week while they reconstructed what had happened - which itself had not taken more than two minutes.
Luckily the perp was dead and we still had some cameras showing that he and his spirits were about to kill us.
After that we got new rules on how to handle mages and when to bring out the large guns."

Her next two shots were slightly off center and she concentrated again on her shooting.
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #718 on: <07-17-17/1725:41> »
"I speak from experience when I say that the only thing more likely to put compliance over employee safety than an insurance company is a finance company.

"Leggio made the right decision then. You're still here.

"What are the new rules they put in place to limit your 'excessive' force going forward?"
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #719 on: <07-18-17/0348:29> »
"What kind of company are you working for then?"

"True. That event really forged us into a unit and no matter the shit he had endure for the decision from some pencil pushers, I'm certain he would do it again."

"The usual: Get permission from corporate first - or in our case from the boss. Although I am sure Mr. Zola won't hesitate for a second to give his ok. Say what you want about the man, but he gets security."

talk think matrix