NEWS

Sledge Hammer

• 20 Replies

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #15 on: <03-04-12/1301:51> »
I knew the stats were in Arsenal, which is why I suggested bumping up the damage. I would also suggest giving it reach 2 to be more inline with the combat axe in the main book.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <03-04-12/1347:36> »
Still an improvised weapon.  As anyone who has used one (Is there anyone that hasn't?) knows, it REALLY throws your balance off unless you really know how to use one.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #17 on: <03-04-12/1407:48> »
Yeah, that's where most of my "glancing blows" came from. Honestly it's like any other weapon, once you get the feel for it you're good.

At one point I was fiddling with some kind of learning curve penalties for new weapons, like if you were trained with knives but wanted to start using a sword. They both fall under the blades skill but the way you use them is much different. Never made any satisfactory progress with it.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #18 on: <03-04-12/1541:30> »
Your failure in elementary school math pretty much sums up the rest of your post.

Go back and read again. I said So +1 or +2 for size, you said -1 or -2 for being slower; 3 + 2 - 1 = 4 is a perfectly valid interpretation of those algebraic parameters.

Also, reported for degenerating into personal insults. After Fastjack's warning, I'd rather let him decide if you're over the line or not.

You guys do realize that sledgehammers are already on the Improvised Weapons Table in Arsenal?
Yes, but some people are not satisfied or can't comprehend, how the officials come up with those very fine stats for it.

As i said before, the weapons stats don't represent a single hit, but a series of moves. In case of a sledge hammer it just might be a single hit, that's why the overall damage value is equal to smaller but faster weapons, which can hit more often in the same time.

Wow, more thinly veiled insults.

It is perfectly possible to think the guys who wrote the books don't know what they're talking about, based it off what they've seen in movies, or were more concerned with "balance" than they were with giving something its proper abilities. After all, I'm pretty sure they didn't go out and do even Deadliest Warrior level "research" for each weapon before assigning stats.

And, again, until you've spent time handling maces and sledgehammers, please don't presume that you know how they act and react better than someone who has.

Yeah, that's where most of my "glancing blows" came from. Honestly it's like any other weapon, once you get the feel for it you're good.

Exactly my point.

The book seems to be assuming that you're only ever going to be using the sledgehammer as an "emergency" weapon, rather than taking the time to learn to use one properly and keep it in the back of your truck with some other tools as a perfectly-explainable alternative to a Combat Axe.
« Last Edit: <03-04-12/1553:39> by JustADude »
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Lethe

• Omae
  • Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
« Reply #19 on: <03-04-12/1601:50> »
Your failure in elementary school math pretty much sums up the rest of your post.

Go back and read again. I said So +1 or +2 for size, you said -1 or -2 for being slower; 3 + 2 - 1 = 4 is a perfectly valid interpretation of those algebraic parameters.

Also, reported for degenerating into personal insults again.
Your failure in summing up an +1/+2 with an -1/-2 to an balancing +1 instead of a +0 is indeed elementary. Alternatively i had to assume, its your evil intention to take random numbers and facts out of other peoples posts, mix them together like you see fit, while totally debasing that quoted post. Of course this can happen sometimes, but you do it again and again and again. That's mocking/trolling pure and you seem to have fun doing it.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #20 on: <03-04-12/1609:19> »
Congratulations to Lethe and JustADuse! You have successfully achieved a permanent lock on this thread and three day bans for not being able tolay nicely with each other. Enjoy your time outs!