NEWS

Data Trails Errata

• 44 Replies

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <07-25-15/1728:14> »
None of those Traits are specifically said to only be available at chargen.
As such, no one stops you from grabbing the trait afterwards.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Ruffio

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <07-26-15/0920:48> »
None of those Traits are specifically said to only be available at chargen.
As such, no one stops you from grabbing the trait afterwards.

I stand corrected. That didn't occur to me (I guess because no one in my games has ever bought a positive quality after chargen).

Max Mustermann

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <08-23-15/0524:26> »
Hi to all,

i need some clarification. Is is possible to install and! use the Modul program carrier in non-cyberdeck-devices?
CRB RAW tells us, programs only in cyberdecks. DT tells us, all cyberdeckmoduls could install in all devices.

I need help  ;)

Best regards Max
Please remeber, i'm not a native, due to this my english will be ... not really good ;-)

Top Dog

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <08-24-15/0129:45> »
CRB RAW tells us, programs only in cyberdecks. DT tells us, all cyberdeckmoduls could install in all devices.

You can also run cyberprograms on RCC's, not just decks. But if you're talking commlinks; yes, you can use program carrier modules on commlinks too. Programs normally can't be run because commlinks have no program capacity, but in the case of program carrier modules, it's the module that holds the program and does a bulk of the work.

There are still some outstanding questions about them, but the basics of being able to run them on commlinks has been pretty well settled, with dev confirmation.

Max Mustermann

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <08-24-15/0354:25> »

You can also run cyberprograms on RCC's, not just decks. But if you're talking commlinks; yes, you can use program carrier modules on commlinks too. Programs normally can't be run because commlinks have no program capacity, but in the case of program carrier modules, it's the module that holds the program and does a bulk of the work.

There are still some outstanding questions about them, but the basics of being able to run them on commlinks has been pretty well settled, with dev confirmation.

thanks Top Dog,

do you have some links, where could i find the dev confirmation about the basics.

best regards Max
Please remeber, i'm not a native, due to this my english will be ... not really good ;-)

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <08-24-15/1006:59> »

thanks Top Dog,

do you have some links, where could i find the dev confirmation about the basics.

best regards Max

Granted.

You can run one cyberprogram via a Program Carrier on a commlink.  I didn't write that chapter, so I don't know what the author's intent was when it comes to running Virtual Machine with two additional cyberprograms, but my educated guess would be no.  I don't allow that at my table, fwiw.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Max Mustermann

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <08-24-15/1322:33> »

thanks Top Dog,

best regards Max

Granted.

You can run one cyberprogram via a Program Carrier on a commlink.  I didn't write that chapter, so I don't know what the author's intent was when it comes to running Virtual Machine with two additional cyberprograms, but my educated guess would be no.  I don't allow that at my table, fwiw.

Thank you very much kinkaid. Is it possible to ask the author of that chapter ::) 8)

best regards Max

Marcus Gideon

• Omae
  • Certainly not a Technomancer...
« Reply #22 on: <09-06-15/1937:05> »
Here's another bit of errata for you.

Data Trails, pg 62. Commlink Dongles

(Rating)2 x 3,000¥

Does that mean Rating squared? Rating x 2 x 3,000 ?
The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work…when you go to church…when you pay your taxes.

IntrepidVector

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <09-07-15/0038:40> »

(Rating)2 x 3,000¥

I think the developers have weighed in that it's intended to be Rating squared * 3000, but the official errata missed that missing and has it as Rating * 2 * 3000.

Max Mustermann

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <09-07-15/0224:42> »

(Rating)2 x 3,000Â¥

I think the developers have weighed in that it's intended to be Rating squared * 3000, but the official errata missed that missing and has it as Rating * 2 * 3000.

this are really good information, where can i find these official errata?

Kind regards Max

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <09-07-15/1928:17> »
I think one of the other guys mentioned the layout issue that caused the 2 to drop in the original DT thread.  It's Rating^2(3,000).
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Marcus Gideon

• Omae
  • Certainly not a Technomancer...
« Reply #26 on: <09-09-15/0056:31> »
I think one of the other guys mentioned the layout issue that caused the 2 to drop in the original DT thread.  It's Rating^2(3,000).
So why not do what they did for Focus formula in the Core? It very clearly says  (Force x Force) so there's no misunderstanding.

Still, I suppose that's easier to accept at the table. Here I was thinking you could make a 0/6/7/7 Comm Deck for a mere 45,000 or so. Although the ~120,000 is still far less than a comparable Cyberdeck.
« Last Edit: <09-09-15/0919:33> by Marcus Gideon »
The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work…when you go to church…when you pay your taxes.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <09-09-15/0120:21> »
So why not do what they did for Focus formula in the Core?
Established standard terms should be a thing. It just doesn't seem to be a thing all writers agree on.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #28 on: <09-09-15/1626:02> »
Standard terms for ShadowRun would be awesome, bit standard math terms are easy to use and nearly everyone knows them. (Rating*Rating)*3000 is very different than (Rating)2*3000. The second implies times 2 not squared while the first is the same as squared.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <09-09-15/1647:14> »
Standard terms for ShadowRun would be awesome, bit standard math terms are easy to use and nearly everyone knows them. (Rating*Rating)*3000 is very different than (Rating)2*3000. The second implies times 2 not squared while the first is the same as squared.

Yes, but the second one is just lazy math and doesn't make sense to write. If you meant to use Rating * 2 * 3000, why not just write it as Rating * 6000?
Having the extra two there makes more sense if it was accidentally not placed as a superscript, or (Rating)2 * 3000.

Now I agree, if they have previously set the precedent of writing out squared as (Rating * Rating) * X, it may have been easier to go on using that, but if they are worried about space and formating, Rating2 * X is easier to fit in the chart.